• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So will GS or IGN give out a 10 this gen?

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Here's what they gave out last gen:

Gamespot
Chrono Cross
Ocarina of Time
Soul Calibur

IGN
Ocarina of Time
Soul Calibur
All from IGN pocket
Checkered Flag
Dragon Warrior III
Joust
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Magical Tetris Challenge
Mario Golf
Metal Gear Solid
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
Shanghai
SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium
Sonic Pocket Adventure
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

^Yikes.

Halo 2 was the last game I thought might grab a 10 and Wind Waker proved that Zelda isn't untouchable. And I guess IGN pocket realized they couldn't just throw around 10's at the drop of a hat. Unless something comes completely out of nowhere I don't see it happening.

Solid

logo.jpg

Blimblim

The Inside Track
GT4 would have been a candidate if the online mode had not been canned at the last minute, so I'd say the next Zelda is the last chance for a 10 this generation. At least on Xbox I don't see anything even better than 9.5 (Jade Empire or Splinter Cell 3 maybe)

jett

D-Member
MGS3 won't get a 10 in either GS or IGN.

It's hard to get a 10 in GS, since the overall score is an average of the individual ones. IGN could give out 9s in the seperate categories and the overall socre could still be a 10.

That said, I don't see any game getting a 10, now that Halo 2 couldn't even achieve that feat on IGNXbox. :p

MGS1 got a 9.8 in IGN, btw. I'm guessing your list isn't entirely accurate. :p

Justin Bailey

------ ------
jett said:
MGS3 won't get a 10 in either GS or IGN.

It's hard to get a 10 in GS, since the overall score is an average of the individual ones. IGN could give out 9s in the seperate categories and the overall socre could still be a 10.

That said, I don't see any game getting a 10, now that Halo 2 couldn't even achieve that feat on IGNXbox. :p

MGS1 got a 9.8 in IGN, btw. I'm guessing your list isn't entirely accurate. :p
That's the one for the Gameboy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The only game on either of those lists that deserved a 10 is Soul Calibur.

And yeah, that THPS3 score always was really really weird. I mean, WTF?

Justin Bailey

------ ------
MetatronM said:
I agree. I don't know why or when people decided that the Dreamcast wasn't worthy anymore.
I wouldn't say it's not worthy, but it competed more with the N64 and PS1 than any of the systems out now. That's why I stick it into the "last gen" category.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Chibirobo.

^^^
That game will get a perfect score.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Justin Bailey said:
I wouldn't say it's not worthy, but it competed more with the N64 and PS1 than any of the systems out now. That's why I stick it into the "last gen" category.

Saturn competed with the N64 and PSX. :p

Pellham

Banned
a little part of me died when I read that review that gave Chrono Cross (lolwtfbbq) a 10 on GameSpot.

after that, I stopped caring about their reviews. :D

Top Bottom