• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer Manager |OT| FREE in-browser/App massively multiplayer soccer management game

0wing

I had forgotten to change my tactics/subs for the last two games and didn't get punished for it thankfully.
Two wins and Son has taken the lead in scoring.

Lach

Division 2:
Kaizer Chiefs get their first defeat this season. 4 Teams with 12 points each are now at the top of the table.
Ipswich Town managed to forget the defeat of last thursday and get a win. After three games against NPC teams a more challenging series of games are now awaiting. But with Shaqiri fit again they are confident to stay on the road of success....

Kilvin

Division 2:
Kaizer Chiefs get their first defeat this season. 4 Teams with 12 points each are now at the top of the table.
Ipswich Town managed to forget the defeat of last thursday and get a win. After three games against NPC teams a more challenging series of games are now awaiting. But with Shaqiri fit again they are confident to stay on the road of success....

Yep, and a pretty tough loss to boot.

Swapped midfielders with Manchester City, I have Adjei-Boateng in another league and he's a scoring machine.

JustDrive

Yep, and a pretty tough loss to boot.

Swapped midfielders with Manchester City, I have Adjei-Boateng in another league and he's a scoring machine.

Hey bud did you get my message through SM about the possibilty of sending Katlego Mphela back to me?

Not sure whether you got but it would help if I could possibly get him back as two away games on the bounce puts me in the red regarding wages but if I got him back and flogged him that would solve the problem, Id sell someone else if I could but theyre all transfer banned until August. let me know either way thanks.

Kilvin

Hey bud did you get my message through SM about the possibilty of sending Katlego Mphela back to me?

Not sure whether you got but it would help if I could possibly get him back as two away games on the bounce puts me in the red regarding wages but if I got him back and flogged him that would solve the problem, Id sell someone else if I could but theyre all transfer banned until August. let me know either way thanks.

I didn't get your message, though the Android App seems limited so it's not surpising.

Anyway, I have no problem sending him back to you and I've already done just that. I wasn't using him anyway :)

JustDrive

Much appreciated thanks, Yeah I noticed he was going unused if you were using him I wouldn't of asked, Ive put him up for sale now hope he sells quickly so I can forget about the wage bill for a while, Cheers.

Kilvin

Eeked out a 1-0 win over Pescara Calcio, my offense is going to be hurting after this season when I lose Musona. By my calculations he's scored 57% of my goals in non-friendly matches this season.

Also, the gridlock at the top continues.

Elepsis

Neo Member
Hmm, is it just me or did today's scheduled cup games not get simulated?

SoccerManager devs all too busy watching the real World Cup? :)

Meier

This died :(

I still check daily! The only downside to the relatively low budgets so many folks had is that there's not really much of an open transfer market. Players that were signed right after the league started are banned for another week or so too. Probably pick up a bit as we get closer to the season.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I still check daily! The only downside to the relatively low budgets so many folks had is that there's not really much of an open transfer market. Players that were signed right after the league started are banned for another week or so too. Probably pick up a bit as we get closer to the season.

Yeah, I still check too, but there is simply not much to do here if there is no active player training like in other soccer managers or more money for transfers.

Eanan

I will be making the economy very rich at the start of the new season, hopefully that will help with transfers.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I will be making the economy very rich at the start of the new season, hopefully that will help with transfers.

Well you dont need to go overboard, would be stupid if we all compete for the AAA players, but I personally only had 3 million transfer money at the beginning of the season or something, not much wiggle room there.

JustDrive

I think the problem with these lower end sides is more than just transfer budget, If I buy players of any value theres no way im meeting the wage bill. Maybe next season we can get bigger clubs? Unless theres a work around as Ive actually become quite fond of Mamelodi Sundowns lol.

inky

Hi guys. I actually have an old account in SM and it would be nice if I could join you and play gaffers =)

Are there any spots left?

inky

Cool beans. So I see the teams were assigned at random.

I guess this is me requesting a team to join. =)

inky

Thanks. I applied for Valenciennes in Div 2. Seems to be where most of the action regarding promotion/relegation is =)

nelchaar

Way too many people have left (at least in the first division). Kind of a bummer. Though to be honest, there isn't much to do outside of transfers and tweaking formation/substitution.

inky

Ya, I didn't realize it was this dead before I joined. :p

TBF, I've played this game before for a time and I totally understand why. There is not much interaction unless you force it: arranging tons of friendlies, messaging others constantly (why would you tho) and transferring a lot of players. It doesn't help that the seasons are a bit too long, and there's no other stuff to do in between.

The mechanics are pretty simple too, there's no way to improve your players (heck, they don't even have detailed attributes, just their rating which is based on a custom wiki), no way to improve your club or to develop youth. There's also a lack of incentive to try different formations and mentalities, and players work mostly well as long as you play them in one of their natural positions, so there are no downsides to just playing your highest rated players most of the time when results depend mostly on the other parameters. There are also no restrictions on transfers, so rich clubs tend to hoard players without repercussions, and the top clubs get cannibalized when no one is managing them.

Still, I hope it picks up a bit and people come back at the end of the season and fiddle with it more.

Eanan

Yeah its a very time consuming if you want to actually do well in it for such a trivial internet game.

Ill be giving up this game completely in a couple of months I say, as I dont really do much in it other than pick the team and submit it before the game and need to focus on work. Cant be bothered with transfers, tactics etc. anymore as the novelty has worn off a good bit from the game.

In our league, the Celtic manager got the best team with highest funds and team value, and will no doubt be the league hoarder if I increase fund levels. He clearly knows the game well as he manages like 20 different teams (wat?) and already has the best team. I probably shouldn't have included Celtic as they are a much higher valued team than all the rest, giving him a head start.

It also doesnt help that people like him never post in this thread, so there is no activity here with the game (transfer dealings, banter etc.), yet he is always online on the soccer manager website. That is needed for the league to survive I think and people to be interested in it.

Kilvin

Still juuuuuuusssttttt hanging onto 1st place.

Nice job by the Rangers GM manoeuvring yourself into second. ipswich is on a massive slide...

sestrugen

Only 3 games left on the season, final positions for the first season about to be determined.

Do we have any plans for next season?

Top Bottom