• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer Manager |OT| FREE in-browser/App massively multiplayer soccer management game

Lach

Wooh! My meager Div2 club beat a mighty Div1 club in yesterdays friendly (2-1)!
Seferovic already proofed his value!

pappe

Code:
NEGREDO, Álvaro	                   4.5M and A.DRIVER	

FLANAGAN, Jon	                   600k and J.TAYLOR	

GNABRY, Serge	                   K.SARKODIE	

DEULOFEU, Gerard                      W.BRUIN	

JESÉ, Rodríguez                	   B.DAVIS	

DEPAY, Memphis	                  1.6M and R.CLARK
My transfers so far. Got my attack sorted but my defense and midfield is United levels of dire.

elseanio

Code:
NEGREDO, Álvaro	                   4.5M and A.DRIVER	

FLANAGAN, Jon	                   600k and J.TAYLOR	

GNABRY, Serge	                   K.SARKODIE	

DEULOFEU, Gerard                      W.BRUIN	

JESÉ, Rodríguez                	   B.DAVIS	

DEPAY, Memphis	                  1.6M and R.CLARK
My transfers so far. Got my attack sorted but my defense and midfield is United levels of dire.

I'm after a DM as well. Transfers for me:

Code:
BARKLEY, Ross		£2.3M and M.ZULLO and C.DORDA
LAPORTE, Aymeric	£1.4M and K.HEERINGS and D.BULTHUIS
BORINI, Fabio		£730k and A.SAROTA
TER STEGEN, Marc-André	£4.5M and S.DE RIDDER and J.MARTENSSON

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The names you guys are throwing around are craaaaaaaaaaazy. Every player I have above 78 will be a regular on my team, lol.

tanuki

I had a peek at Nice's squad and was all like :O

The disparity of wealth is all a bit too realistic! I can only hope that there's some equally realistic 1-0 bus parking scorelines for the poorer clubs.

JustDrive

I had a peek at Nice's squad and was all like :O

The disparity of wealth is all a bit too realistic! I can only hope that there's some equally realistic 1-0 bus parking scorelines for the poorer clubs.

My first league game is against Nice, Noticed theyve already accumulated the likes of Toure, Pepe, Zabelete etc. No chance for me really unless theyve forgotten to give Yaya his birthday cake.

pappe

My first league game is against Nice, Noticed theyve already accumulated the likes of Toure, Pepe, Zabelete etc. No chance for me really unless theyve forgotten to give Yaya his birthday cake.
Richest side in the game and acquiring Man City players. Hmmmm..

11qXTif.png

I don't understand this.

Every time I've attempted to buy a big name star, it won't let me bid a dollar less than the player's valuation, no matter how many valuable players from my squad I try to sweeten the deal with.

What's the secret?

elseanio

11qXTif.png

I don't understand this.

Every time I've attempted to buy a big name star, it won't let me bid a dollar less than the player's valuation, no matter how many valuable players from my squad I try to sweeten the deal with.

What's the secret?

One reason is external clubs change their valuation of player based on their squad. The best example is if someone buys Manchester City's best attackers (which has probably happened), they will start valuing attackers a lot more.

You can always see what the bare minimum is you need to reach in order to get an offer accepted. My advice would be to try a variety of player combinations, there could be one in there that their chairman values higher than you expected.

SephiZack

Hi GAF, can I join the game? (actually I have already done it)

I'm Sassuolo's manager. I didn't ask to join in the signup thread before because my account hadn't been validated yet and I chose a team in Division 5 not to bother you guys who were choosing teams in Div 1-2, but if you asked me to let a member get the team I would have done so; I joined the game because I've been lurking GAF for the past 2 years and I already felt like a part of the community. The only reason I didn't make an account earlier is that I didn't have a not blacklisted e-mail until two months ago and my sign up was accepted just now

Now... I can't play any league match against you because I am in Division 5 (and I don't know how... all other Div5 teams are like 10-20 average rating under me) but I can still play Cup matches against you which should still entertain me enough

nelchaar

I'm Sassuolo's manager. I didn't ask to join in the signup thread before because my account hadn't been validated yet and I chose a team in Division 5 not to bother you guys who were choosing teams in Div 1-2, but if you asked me to let a member get the team I would have done so; I joined the game because I've been lurking GAF for the past 2 years and I already felt like a part of the community. The only reason I didn't make an account earlier is that I didn't have a not blacklisted e-mail until two months ago and my sign up was accepted just now

Now... I can't play any league match against you because I am in Division 5 (and I don't know how... all other Div5 teams are like 10-20 average rating under me) but I can still play Cup matches against you which should still entertain me enough

I think East Fife in Div 1 is not taken, and there are a bunch of Div 2 teams up for grabs. OP will let you know.

SephiZack

I think East Fife in Div 1 is not taken, and there are a bunch of Div 2 teams up for grabs. OP will let you know.

I'd rather continue with my current team than start from the beginning

Question for the experts: when are the wages paid? And are they taken from my account balance?

elseanio

I'd rather continue with my current team than start from the beginning

Question for the experts: when are the wages paid? And are they taken from my account balance?

Weekly, and yes. However, it's mostly not noticeable due to income from gate receipts and TV money.

Here is an example of a weeks outcome/income after a Home game (as well as Season to date):

9mW3YxK.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think I did pretty well with 2.1M budget:
ZRBhYgV.png

Lowered the average age to 23, raised the average skill from 76 to 80 and raised the average value of my team by 1,6M (my reserves are also all around better than before).

#TeamRelegationBattle, bring it on!

Beelzebubs

I hate you, your stupidly good team destroyed me 9-1 :p

I think I did pretty well with 2.1M budget:
ZRBhYgV.png

Lowered the average age to 23, raised the average skill from 76 to 80 and raised the average value of my team by 1,6M (my reserves are also all around better than before).

#TeamRelegationBattle, bring it on!

You did well, I started with a 2.4 mill budget but my team was shit to start with. Average age of 28 with skill of 66.

Toma

I hate you, your stupidly good team destroyed me 9-1 :p

You did well, I started with a 2.4 mill budget but my team was shit to start with. Average age of 28 with skill of 66.

What are the stats of your current team?

Haden

Banned
Can someone advise me with my team, it is the Royals in Div 2.

I am trying to bring in a goalie and DL, is there anything else I should make a top priority? I have 4 mil have put a couple of bids in and have about 4 players up for transfer.

Kilvin

Welcome aboard! I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that i thought it may be the case that you already felt like a member of the forums. I know the feeling all too well, glad your account was validated and you are able to join us in discussion.

elseanio

Can someone advise me with my team, it is the Royals in Div 2.

I am trying to bring in a goalie and DL, is there anything else I should make a top priority? I have 4 mil have put a couple of bids in and have about 4 players up for transfer.

You DEFINITELY need a goalkeeper!

Also, you have 4 players on your transfer list but they wont sell as the minimum size squad is 21 players. If you really want to let them go, I'd suggest buying some 10k players just to get your squad size up.

Toma

Today we get down to business, good luck fellas.

Was about to write the same, good luck everyone! (except the ones I am playing against because I need a lot of luck to win myself :p)

Toma

We need to arrange a friendly :p

From what you said, you were even worse off than I am, but sure, my Team is Bohemian FC. Btw, I got that team randomly and I live very close to Bohemia, funky coincidence.

Beelzebubs

From what you said, you were even worse off than I am, but sure, my Team is Bohemian FC. Btw, I got that team randomly and I live very close to Bohemia, funky coincidence.

Sent you a request. Here is my strongest lineup waiting to give you a beating :p

NNsHq99.png

Kilvin

Results are up! I stomped Toulouse FC 5-2, my apologies to Theresa Doyle.

How'd everyone else fair in their first meaningful match?

Toma

Hooooooooooooooly crap #TeamRelegationBattle Bohemian FC won 2:1 against the Rangers, who have 4 players at 89 rating or above. :D

Sorry Rangers! Gotta collect those points.

RSalazar23

Neo Member
Hooooooooooooooly crap #TeamRelegationBattle Bohemian FC won 2:1 against the Rangers, who have 4 players at 89 rating or above. :D

Sorry Rangers! Gotta collect those points.

Congrats! based on the opportunities created I think you desearved it!!

jesu

Can't believe I took a 1-2 away win against OGC Nice with the mighty squad they have.

Yeah that was a good win, you had way more possession but they had way more chances.
Men behind ball and counter attacking is how to deal with better teams it seems.

Meier

Can't believe I took a 1-2 away win against OGC Nice with the mighty squad they have.

Congrats! The game can be pretty annoying, lol. I have Man City in another league with Aguero and Cavani leading the line and Silva, Mata, Bale and Yaya in my midfield and yet I am 7-5-5 after winning the league the year prior. Completely unpredictable.

Top Bottom