• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer Manager |OT| FREE in-browser/App massively multiplayer soccer management game

JustDrive

Congrats! The game can be pretty annoying, lol. I have Man City in another league with Aguero and Cavani leading the line and Silva, Mata, Bale and Yaya in my midfield and yet I am 7-5-5 after winning the league the year prior. Completely unpredictable.

Cheers, tbh I did park the bus but what else can you do against a far better side. 7-5-5 for that MC side is pretty shocking But it shows how random it can be.

Haden

Banned
Lost 1-0 but didn't set tactics, am against a side called Veracruz next who have Hazard! Is it my imagination or did I click on some of my players before and see traits like leader etc? I can't seem to find any option like that now.

Eanan

Lost 1-0 but didn't set tactics, am against a side called Veracruz next who have Hazard! Is it my imagination or did I click on some of my players before and see traits like leader etc? I can't seem to find any option like that now.

Yeah if you click their "wikipedia" link on their profile, it shows their traits.

tanuki

Not the Hazard you're thinking of, and he's suspended the next round. I need to sort out my tactics, first game was terrible.

ZeroXZee

Won my first game 1-0 against Zamora FC.

Jese got a 10/10.

I'm the Zamora manager.

Be-angry.jpg
Good game, your team destroyed mine in statistics... =/

nelchaar

So how exactly do you make money in this game? Say, how do you get sponsorships and "other income"? Doubt I can support my teams salary based on gate receipts alone.

Meier

So how exactly do you make money in this game? Say, how do you get sponsorships and "other income"? Doubt I can support my teams salary based on gate receipts alone.
Typically you get some money for televised games as well. Not sure how that will work with our league though..

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Small Bohemian FC also beat Valenciennes 2:1 :p

Hard match, but close win woopwoop!

Kilvin

Kaiser Chiefs move to 2-0-0 with a 2-0 victory over the Orange County Blues.

Bummed that this and the next two games are against CPU managers but eh, that's the sched...should get a human opponent again soon enough.

JustDrive

Something not quite right with crowd numbers I've been getting over 9000 for home friendlies and yet my first proper home league game and I only get 5000, At this rate I'll struggle with the wage bill.

Lach

2 wins in a row for my Sounders, good start.

Southport - Ipswich must have been entertaining.

4 - 10

Yes! I have no idea how but my boys delivered a big win, putting me on top of the table...
Seferovic scored 4 goals!

0wing

Something not quite right with crowd numbers I've been getting over 9000 for home friendlies and yet my first proper home league game and I only get 5000, At this rate I'll struggle with the wage bill.

That's really weird since I got 30,000 in Div 2.
And all of my home friendlies got 12,000.

Insomnium

Wa didn't realize I was offered France job. So far so good but my defense really needs some work for the upcoming match. Terek thrashed me in friendly before urgh

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How was this round for all of you?

My sucky relegation battle team finally lost their first match 2:5 , haha. But it was to be expected that I wont be cruising through this league with wins, even if I miraculously beat Valenciennes the last time.

JustDrive

Another draw for me 0-0 sent out an attacking team and the opposition were down to 10 men pretty soon but still couldn't score. #midtablemediocrity

Lach

Ipswitch Town and Kaiser Chief are the only two Clubs left undefeated in Division two, with the Tractor Boys (which is apparently a nick name for Ipswich) having another eventfull match, but eventually beating (managerless) Orange County Blues 6-3.

[edit] oh no! Shaqiri sprained his ankle...he's out for a week!

Beelzebubs

So my first 2 league games, lost 4-2 and 6-2. All my players morale is low and I have 3 injuries. Things are not looking bright for the mighty Rhyl.

Lach

how do you guys decide on which formation to use for a match?

I did play around a bit during the pre season friendlies (not only formation but also tactics) and ended up with one that seems to work quite well. I have to change it now though because of an injured player...

Kilvin

Ipswitch Town and Kaiser Chief are the only two Clubs left undefeated in Division two, with the Tractor Boys (which is apparently a nick name for Ipswich) having another eventfull match, but eventually beating (managerless) Orange County Blues 6-3.

[edit] oh no! Shaqiri sprained his ankle...he's out for a week!

I'm game for your friendly challenge, though you'll need to assist me in figuring out how to accept the challenge in the App.

Elepsis

Neo Member
Oh snap. I'm excited this is getting picked back up, though the only teams in division 2 right now are... depressing?

I applied for Randers FC in division 3 in the hopes that I can work my way up this season!

Lach

I'm game for your friendly challenge, though you'll need to assist me in figuring out how to accept the challenge in the App.

I actually don't know...It's weird because the app doesn't have a calendar where you can select the friendly date. There might be an accept button in the challange message.
I might have to resend the challange as the friendly yesterday run out...

[edit] sent a request for saturday...

JustDrive

Is anyone else having problems getting on Soccer manager? I cant access it via my PC or my ipad and yet when I try one of those sites that check to see if its up it says it is and running normal.

Pand

Is anyone else having problems getting on Soccer manager? I cant access it via my PC or my ipad and yet when I try one of those sites that check to see if its up it says it is and running normal.

No problems here, just logged in on PC.

ZeroXZee

kctBWkv.png

4 games, 4 losses (including a 1-6 to OGC Nice). Well, I guess I'm officialy joining the #TeamRelegationBattle™

At least I'm not in last anymore xD

Elepsis

Neo Member
Oops. I think I overachieved on the trading market and my most recent signing is going to fail because I'll have run out of money... unless I am pretty solidly in the plus after the next match, and the match is processed before the trade.

It's harder than it looks to get your team up to snuff quickly...

Top Bottom