• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

womfalcs3

Banned
I want a code, but I won't beg for one. If anybody is willing to spare one of the extra codes, my inbox is ready for incoming messages, and I will greatly appreciate it.

Arnie

Acid08 said:
Dude, what?
Arsenic was claiming that because I only had 14 posts in the thread that me saying i was active in this thread was a lie. But I hardly post, I just read most of the time, so for me my "tiny" 14 post contribution was quite large for the amount I actually post. I was originally having a go at the people who turn up here on beta launch day for a quick code.

And to Hanzo, yes it may be if i was discussing Socom, which I wasn't, I was replying to Arsenic derailing the Socom talk for a quick snipe at my "weak posting skillz". When infact it was my busy schedule which stopped me from reaching his royal 53 post total in this thread.

Arnie

moai said:
someone on this thread needs to calm down :lol
Ok ill calm down, apoligies go out to the nation. And I have sacrificed my code, I willjust leave Socom, it's not worth getting beat up for.

BeeDog

Never managed to get into a game, twice did the game hang on the spinning badge loading screen, and my patience ran out (doesn't help that I'm leaving soon enough anyway).

But my first impression of the menu is so-so; it's pretty damn unresponsive, and lags pretty much everywhere. Also, the Swedish translation is horrible, with some menu options' text actually overlapping other menu entries. :lol

Also, the server browser and friends list hangs A LOT, and I was fooled several times into thinking the game had crashed.

Ah well, maybe I'll get into a game tonight and try it out.

grate

-ARNiE- said:
Ok ill calm down, apoligies go out to the nation. And I have sacrificed my code, I willjust leave Socom, it's not worth getting beat up for.
3376437313-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-manchester-city-anfield.jpg

sjaygray

-ARNiE- said:

+1!!!

Don't give up yet, you're so close to deserving / being entitled to it! :lol

BeeDog said:
Never managed to get into a game, twice did the game hang on the spinning badge loading screen, and my patience ran out (doesn't help that I'm leaving soon enough anyway).

But my first impression of the menu is so-so; it's pretty damn unresponsive, and lags pretty much everywhere. Also, the Swedish translation is horrible, with some menu options' text actually overlapping other menu entries. :lol

Also, the server browser and friends list hangs A LOT, and I was fooled several times into thinking the game had crashed.

Ah well, maybe I'll get into a game tonight and try it out.
Yeah what the hell I'm trying it for the second time and it's been loading for like 5 minutes WTF!?!??!?

h3ro

OK, for those wondering...

No probs starting the game with an NA account. I was able to set up my characters and options and set the region as NA. I was able to find the server list but now that I clicked on a room with some space in it, all I'm getting is the loading wheel.

Has anyone been able to actually play? Also, anyone have lag between picking different options? I hope this is old code, because so far, I'm really unimpressed by the lack of polish on this game...

GQman2121

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Joined a server, waited for a bit, got the "joining game" msg and now it's been loading for like 5 minutes. :lol

If you were apart of the Socom II beta you would know that that's about par for the Socom beta course. :p

I however have two more hours left at work..........:(

BeeDog

h3ro said:
OK, for those wondering...

No probs starting the game with an NA account. I was able to set up my characters and options and set the region as NA. I was able to find the server list but now that I clicked on a room with some space in it, all I'm getting is the loading wheel.

Has anyone been able to actually play? Also, anyone have lag between picking different options? I hope this is old code, because so far, I'm really unimpressed by the lack of polish on this game...

Welcome to our world; let's dance around the bonfire!

Kyoufu

The pre-game lobby is lame. You have to wait for all 32 players to Ready up before being able to start....

Menus are fine for me though.

dralla

Kyoufu said:
The pre-game lobby is lame. You have to wait for all 32 players to Ready up before being able to start....

Menus are fine for me though.

Who wants to play SOCOM with 32 players?

anyway, I'm DL'ing now, I have to go back to work at 3:15, I hope it's done by than so I can come home and play right awat :]

Acid08

Banned
Gamecocks625 said:
I got mine a little bit ago
Still none here. Hopefully I get it before too long. It usually takes a while to DL shit on my connection and I'd like to get some playtime in.

Ok, lets see if it works this time.

Channel: English Speaking 1
Server: NeoGAF

Someone just entered, steve22something, he a gaffer?

Wohoo, finally I'm in game.

dralla

Kyoufu said:
Thats not the point though is it? :p

There should be a timer or something.

edit: found it this time Murphy, joining.

If it's anything like the old games there is a timer, it activates 90 seconds(I think) after the first person greens up.

Is the party system in the beta? what about clan support, community features, ect.

Top Bottom