• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Cruzader

Banned
dork said:
I got my code via email finally. Waiting on UPS to bring the ps3.

I have technially 3 extra codes. the one i can share with 2 others and one from eurogamer. ok who still needs them (Ill pm them now dont pm me please)

me if you have a spare one.

dork said:
I got my code via email finally. Waiting on UPS to bring the ps3.

I have technially 3 extra codes. the one i can share with 2 others and one from eurogamer. ok who still needs them (Ill pm them now dont pm me please)
If you have any left. Thanks

Arnie

Arsenic said:
ACtually i wasnt being a smartass at all, i was being legit and comparing your posts to the top 5, which was not too much in difference. You really was being truthful about not just hoping in and asking for a code, so relax my friend. I dont post much overall either.
Ok I apologize, its been a long day, i didn't understand you fully. Wow this makes me look like a tool. Ok everyone keep posting your beta impressions, I enjoy reading them.

Trevelyan

Banned
Loading and graphical glitches aside, the gameplay is smooth as butter. And God, the sound work. OMG. Best sound I've heard in a game yet.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Trevelyan said:
Loading and graphical glitches aside, the gameplay is smooth as butter. And God, the sound work. OMG. Best sound I've heard in a game yet.

Loading is a bitch. Takes too long to do anything

Doc Evils

Trevelyan said:

The talk button isn't responsive enough. you need to hold it down and wait a sec to talk.

Kyoufu

Don't like the game at all. You can't distinguish enemy from anything because the visuals are SO BAD.

Oh well, atleast thats one less game I have to worry about this autumn.

Trevelyan

Banned
Cruzader said:
Better than Bad Company?
From the little I've played of Bad Company, I'd have to say yes. But mind you, when I say little, I mean like about an hour. :lol But yeah, the movement noises, shots, reloading, etc all sounds really incredible. I'm playing with a 5.1LPCM set-up.

Doc Evils said:
The talk button isn't responsive enough. you need to hold it down and wait a sec to talk.

BLeh, I didn't know that. Sorry if I always seemed like I was starting half-way through a sentence then. :lol I could hear you pretty clearly though.

Doc Evils

Trevelyan said:
From the little I've played of Bad Company, I'd have to say yes. But mind you, when I say little, I mean like about an hour. :lol But yeah, the movement noises, shots, reloading, etc all sounds really incredible. I'm playing with a 5.1LPCM set-up.

BLeh, I didn't know that. Sorry if I always seemed like I was starting half-way through a sentence then. :lol I could hear you pretty clearly though.

You were clear too.:) I think warhawk has pretty nasty voice chat.

edit:

oh try finding it again.

English Speaking 1

Az

643F851A776DF1.jpg

PowderedToast

I'm new to the franchise but I figured I'd post my impressions anyway.

Every match I've had takes a long while to load, and it happened every time without fail so it looks like you just gotta wait it out. Regarding the controls, the thing I noticed most was the Zoom/Ironsight is mapped to Up on the d-pad instead of R3. This along with a number of other control decisions just seem needlessly unorthodox, though I'm a SOCOM noob so if they're the series' classic controls then that's understandable.

Graphically it's nothing special but it's certainly not terrible either. It ran at a solid 30fps for me apart from a 2 second freeze that seemed to occur every game. Gameplay wise i think it's pretty good. The mechanics are solid, kills are satisfying and the shoot-outs can be pretty tense. I can see significant potential in the game once you're playing with the right people with headsets, plus I found a number of great spots in the map when I explored a bit. Oh yeah and there's tons of customisation for your clothes and guns, all which significantly affect how your player controls.

Overall I'm pretty impressed and it's something I can see myself jumping back in soon.

Trevelyan

Banned
Doc Evils said:
You were clear too.:) I think warhawk has pretty nasty voice chat.

edit:

oh try finding it again.

English Speaking 1
I'll join in 1 min.

Edit: Ughh, having network initialization problems -.-

andycapps

I need a code, anyone feel like helping me out.. please. If so, I'll be on around 6-7 tonight to play, will have headset as well.

womfalcs3

Banned
I was given a code, but it doesn't work. I guess it was European, but I don't have an account for the region. Had to inform the giver so that he could give it to someone else. :(

andycapps

womfalcs3 said:
I was given a code, but it doesn't work. I guess it was European, but I don't have an account for the region. Had to inform the giver so that he could give it to someone else. :(

Give it to me, I have a UK account. RAWR!!!!1111

andycapps

womfalcs3 said:
Apparently I wasn't the only the one to get that code. Sorry man.

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks TwIsTeD! Cross me off the list, as long as this code works when I get home I'm good to go. Be on around 6-7 PM EST if anyone wants to add me. PSN: andycapps

cameltoe

PowderedToast said:

Every match I've had takes a long while to load, and it happened every time without fail so it looks like you just gotta wait it out. Regarding the controls, the thing I noticed most was the Zoom/Ironsight is mapped to Up on the d-pad instead of R3. This along with a number of other control decisions just seem needlessly unorthodox, though I'm a SOCOM noob so if they're the series' classic controls then that's understandable.

Graphically it's nothing special but it's certainly not terrible either. It ran at a solid 30fps for me apart from a 2 second freeze that seemed to occur every game. Gameplay wise i think it's pretty good. The mechanics are solid, kills are satisfying and the shoot-outs can be pretty tense. I can see significant potential in the game once you're playing with the right people with headsets, plus I found a number of great spots in the map when I explored a bit. Oh yeah and there's tons of customisation for your clothes and guns, all which significantly affect how your player controls.

Overall I'm pretty impressed and it's something I can see myself jumping back in soon.

had no issues loading matches at all..mabey a lag issue?

you can configure the controls any way you like...

Trevelyan

Banned
People need to get the fuck on. I'm having a blast but damn, this map is fucking huge. With 32 people, though, I can really see having a blast.

J-Rzez

PowderedToast said:

The Zoom is indeed "classic socom style", and it's much appreciated when you're using multipower sights. Very easy to zoom in and out.

Hit detection is wonderful. Lag is minimal, though I was hoping for Warhawk/Resistance levels of quality, here's hoping it improves. Game is smooth as glass when lag's not present, despite the chaos. Clan options/Character features are great. It's pretty close to S1 and S2 in feel, like an in between, which is welcome.

As per norm for these beta things, I hope the needlessly long loading times are gone in the final version. The wait in between rounds needs to be adjusted (4ce button plz) as they're too long. Perhaps I missed it, but wasn't there supposed to be a party feature?

BEST PART OF THE GAME: Sound

It's absolutely incredible. Best sounding shooter to date.

Top Bottom