• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

thuway

Let it be known GAF today, that I am not a greedy pretentious bastard. I have a code, if anyone wants it, let me know -

Kyoufu

dralla said:
If it's anything like the old games there is a timer, it activates 90 seconds(I think) after the first person greens up.

Is the party system in the beta? what about clan support, community features, ect.

I got a message saying Community doesn't work yet or something...

And MM, I joined your game but I don't even know how to spawn (nothing works).

WTF is this shit? :/

Trevelyan

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I got a message saying Community doesn't work yet or something...

And MM, I joined your game but I don't even know how to spawn (nothing works).

WTF is this shit? :/
:lol :lol

Sounds like me! haha. At least this box I'm looking at is pretty...

Kyoufu

dralla said:
it's a beta, not a demo. The whole reason this exists so these problems aren't in the final game, be glad.

So then why does it say "online multiplayer demo" on my XMB?

Metalmurphy said:
LOL, this map is huge, I finally found Kyoufu but he's not moving.

:lol :lol

I can only spectate you lol

I've played of the US East 32 Player 16v16 Unranked Server.

The Matches take forever to start. No reason why, the whole room can be set to ready and it just won't start. When it does start though, its good stuff.

The setup seemed to be 4 rounds with switching teams after 2.

The gameplay is really good. This is the most team based game I've played in a while.
Almost everyone had a headset and we were all talking to each other, only one person can talk at a time. Some people seemed to be using pre-scripted statements but I can't figure out how to do them.

Also you can hear the enemy conversation if you're close enough to them and can dance on them when you kill them, and steal their weapons.

The controls are good, takes some time to get used to them though. I was the top player in the games I've played and this was the first time I've ever played Socom. Its a definite buy.

thuway

Doc Evils said:
this game sucks balls. worst beta I have ever been into. they better not ship the game like this.
Your on crack. It has some rough spots (it is a fucking Beta), however, it plays just like I want it to.

Smidget

fudgey_lumpkins said:
Impressions that make me madder I don't have a code yet.

Thanks for posting them though, as usual with any beta, seems to be problems at first but I'm sure they'll iron it out.

Nizz

Doc Evils said:
this game sucks balls. worst beta I have ever been into. they better not ship the game like this.
Damn, is it really that bad? Thank god it's a beta and hopefully they'll take care of the problems before they ship. I'd like to pick this game up in the bundle with the headset. And I know the game is different from GRAW, but to me it's a similar vibe: third person military style shooter. I'm interested...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Doc Evils said:
both of us keep getting booted or something. have yet to play but ive spectated 5.

Doc Evils

thuway said:
Your on crack. It has some rough spots (it is a fucking Beta), however, it plays just like I want it to.

The game is shipping next month for ffs. I did not expect the game to be this rough near development completion.

MGO was no where near this bad.

Arsenic

-ARNiE- said:
Funny guy, for the amount in total I post on Neogaf, this thread probably occupied 50% of my posts, not everyone has hours to post over 50 comments in a thread, I have college and a job. I was making the point that compared to somebody popping in on the day the Beta comes out for a sneaky key, it's a bit cheeky. So stop being a smart ass.
ACtually i wasnt being a smartass at all, i was being legit and comparing your posts to the top 5, which was not too much in difference. You really was being truthful about not just hoping in and asking for a code, so relax my friend. I dont post much overall either.

dork

Banned
I got my code via email finally. Waiting on UPS to bring the ps3.

I have technially 3 extra codes. the one i can share with 2 others and one from eurogamer. ok who still needs them (Ill pm them now dont pm me please)

Top Bottom