• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

alterno69

Banned
This patch fixed the only issue i had which was the long loading times, no freezes here, no lag in most matches and a smooth ride overall.

I've played something like 15-20 hours since the beta started and i've never had the sound go and only had 2 freezes and that was right after the first patch.

I'm loving this game with just 1 map, if the rest of the maps are half as good as this i'm gonna have a lot of problems with my wife lol.

zedge

dralla said:
Are you playing on a SDTV?

Nope, 40 inch lcd.

peetfeet said:
Same for me (on a HD telly if that makes a difference), guess i'm waiting for another patch! Damn thing ran fine before these patches :-( (albeit slow loading)

Yea, it was better for me before the patches.

I tried again this evening.. got stuck in spectator mode.. I thought this was fixed... no sound.. game froze when I quit.. #@$%

Balls

peetfeet

alterno69 said:
This patch fixed the only issue i had which was the long loading times, no freezes here, no lag in most matches and a smooth ride overall.

I've played something like 15-20 hours since the beta started and i've never had the sound go and only had 2 freezes and that was right after the first patch.

I'm loving this game with just 1 map, if the rest of the maps are half as good as this i'm gonna have a lot of problems with my wife lol.

I played 4-5 hrs a day until the first patch was released, loved it. The only issue i had was the loading times, i think i was disconnected twice in all that time and any lag (rare that it was) was negligable. Since the patches I havent actually managed to complete a game, after the first patch i was having connection issues with the red connection icon top screen, getting booted, lagging, not being able to get in game etc etc. I tried for a couple of days but no joy. Installed the latest patch last night and all seemed to be running smoother until i was in the game, once in the was major lag and the game seemed to be running at 3fps with screen tearing thrown in too! Tried a few more servers later but all where pretty much the same. I'm in the UK.

Edit: Also last night i had no sound in any games for 95% of the time, when i did it was just music and no sound effects.

tuco11

1. How do you find friends in the game? I can't seem to find the spot where it tells me what server and room my friends are in.

2. How come everytime I get into a game for the first time it doesn't recognize my controller preset? I have it set on "Six shooter". I have to go into controller presets menu and then back out for it to take effect.

tuco11 said:
1. How do you find friends in the game? I can't seem to find the spot where it tells me what server and room my friends are in.

2. How come everytime I get into a game for the first time it doesn't recognize my controller preset? I have it set on "Six shooter". I have to go into controller presets menu and then back out for it to take effect.

Did you save the set up? I had this issue with the camera. I wanted Classic and it kept coming up as UTS in the game. I went to the controller options and saved the profile. I haven't had any issues sense.

tuco11

My set up is saved. When I go into controller presets "six shooter" is what pops up . I don't have to scroll over to it either.

dralla

web01 said:
WTF why would they make run and gun more acurate?

because socom has always had a "twitchy-ness" to it and it's gone, which is my biggest complaint with the gameplay. the patch didn't really do anything from what I can tell.

dork

Banned
I have to sit really close to the screen for this game for some reason. It just feels like their is a glare at all times.

Does anyone want to play? I can host a game and invite you.

I want to play really bad, but the fact that I got kicked yesterday after taking 15 minutes to get into the game makes me hesitant to go try and find a game by myself.

alterno69

Banned
That's why i love having a server list, whenever i want to play i log into the Español server and i know all of my friends play there and if there's none of them there must players are really nice and fun to play with, lots of people from Spain, Colombia, Puerto Rico and Mexico (where i'm from).

It feels like home :lol

dork

Banned
One of the geniuses who kicked me was like "learn how to play then come back"

what the hell does it look like im doing

I read on the Wikipedia page that the full game will have matchmaking and a lobby system, is this true?

also, am I the only person that doesn't get their stats registered? it's still at 0 for everything.

BTW dork, I'll play with you.

GQman2121

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
I read on the Wikipedia page that the full game will have matchmaking and a lobby system, is this true?

also, am I the only person that doesn't get their stats registered? it's still at 0 for everything.

Yes

No, you're not alone.

I'll also be down to play tonight if anyone is going be around.

dork said:
One of the geniuses who kicked me was like "learn how to play then come back"

what the hell does it look like im doing

Yeah, I can already see myself not even bothering with the full game as the community has already turned me off thus far....

I played a handful of matches again this morning before work (now it takes about 1min to get in a game btw) and it was total Doucheville

GQman2121

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Yeah, I can already see myself not even bothering with the full game as the community has already turned me off thus far....

I played a handful of matches again this morning before work (now it takes about 1min to get in a game btw) and it was total Doucheville

Well if that's the case, then you might as well give up on online shooters altogether. Not everyone is going to find people to play with who know what they're doing; I think the fact that the map in this beta is from Socom II, many people just assume everyone knows what the Warehouse or Redroom are, and they expect people to talk it up and call shit out.

If you just ask questions and take the initiative to want to learn the way the community plays together then you should be able to find plenty of people who want to help you.

dork

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

yay

add me

dorkimoe

My stats are 0 also btw

AgentOtaku said:

add me and we can play. I can host games.

I really like what I got to play so far, I'm not to bad at the game. I just need a little more time to understand the modes.

Trevelyan

Banned
Yay, finally got a new PS3(launch 60gg died last sunday =( ) and i'm ready for some more socom. There better be some GAF rooms up tonight!

dralla

AgentOtaku said:

play on dedicated servers, I've yet to run into one asshole yet, everyone has been very cooperative. the socom community in general is one of the better ones, there's always going to be a few assholes though.

Rapping Granny said:
Played with Intermoniker earlier, good matches until he started making a sandwich.

what's with the high scope in the Machine gun? :lol
Lol I was hungry!

Well I'm down for some matches later if you and dralla want to play.

Awesome!

Join a game.

Controls don't work (this is a sign I'm about to crash I've noticed)

Start taking fire.

Hide behind a fucking building, get shot to death. Then booted from game and PSN.

buggy beta is buggy!

cameltoe

the patch has made the game unplayable for me.

I did not suffer from the low FPS, sound dropping out bs as many here...now I do! And the lag is off the charts now....sure the menu is faster and the wait is only like 45 sec to get into a game...but holy hell!

cameltoe said:
the patch has made the game unplayable for me.

I did not suffer from the low FPS, sound dropping out bs as many here...now I do! And the lag is off the charts now....sure the menu is faster and the wait is only like 45 sec to get into a game...but holy hell!
Ya the game is a little more unstable for me now as well. I got the no sound/5fps bullshit glitch before the first two updates and it's still happening. Plus the game has been freezing/locking up more with this most recent patch.

The game is really fun but these issues need to get sorted out.
dork said:
Well I really want to play a game with someone from here so we can stick together and pwn faces.
I'm down. What area are you located in? US west, us east, us central ect., ect.,...???

dork

Banned
US Central

I can run a 8v8 server if need be just let me know

aim-dork1337 or psn dorkimoe and we can setup a game

US East 1!

Room: poobeta

Going to try hosting 8v8, apologies for shitty connection. I can host 12 player matches in Wowhawk. So I'll give this a crack. Can't be any worse than the other servers I've joined to date. :p

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
dralla said:
takes me about 45 seconds for a game to start for me

tip: switch to single shot when shooting down a scope.

And remeber to switch to Auto when you get out....... so many FUCK FUCK FUCK WTF! going on.

Awesome fun anyways, like the slow feel of it, shootin birds is cool as well, looking forward to the final product. Very impressed by the graphics so far as well, lighting and stuff is kickass.

Smidget

First things first, go to publicbeta.socom.com to redeem your Beta clearance code (see below) and register for the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta. You will need to provide your PLAYSTATION Network Online ID and PSN email address. To accept this mission you will also need to agree to the Public Beta Trial Agreement. Once the Public Beta is available, your Beta Promotion Code will be emailed to you at the address you provided when registering your PLAYSTATION Network account.

IMPORTANT: Redeem your beta promotion code first on the PLAYSTATION Network, and then share the code with two friends to join you in the Public Beta.

Your Beta Clearance Code: A3M7H624

Have fun!

Dibbz

Smidget said:
First things first, go to publicbeta.socom.com to redeem your Beta clearance code (see below) and register for the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta. You will need to provide your PLAYSTATION Network Online ID and PSN email address. To accept this mission you will also need to agree to the Public Beta Trial Agreement. Once the Public Beta is available, your Beta Promotion Code will be emailed to you at the address you provided when registering your PLAYSTATION Network account.

IMPORTANT: Redeem your beta promotion code first on the PLAYSTATION Network, and then share the code with two friends to join you in the Public Beta.

Your Beta Clearance Code: A3M7H624

Have fun!
Can people from Europe sign up there? I just tried it and I got the error

Sorry, your GameStop Registration code is invalid.

:|

Pachimari

Are people playing the full game or the beta still?
Cause I'm a little confused, we just got the full review copy inside our doors two days ago I think. =/

EDIT:
Actually, I just got the code to download the full game, but where shall I put the 12-digit code?, and I have never tried Confrontation before; should I be excited?

Any help guys?

Pachimari

It might be the same place as betas but having had any interest to get into betas, how may I find a place to put in the code? Anyone?

Anastacio said:
It might be the same place as betas but having had any interest to get into betas, how may I find a place to put in the code? Anyone?

Click on your profile ---> Go to Accnt Management ----> Go to Transaction Management ----> Redeem code ----> Put code in ------> Dowload beta

Top Bottom