• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

dralla

damn, where are the ranked Suppression rooms? Elimination sucks, people run and hide to play for ties :[

finally got a kill using the sixaxis peak. I was in the arch way on the Terrorist side, a guy was on the balcony across near the clock tower, switched to single shot, leaned, zoomed in, turned on night vision, and my cross hair was just perfectly lined up with his head, 1 bullet, 1 kill.

zedge

xero273 said:

Fixed another issue where you could get stuck in spectator cam when late joining a game.
Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have very low framerate and crash when exiting a game.
Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have no audio.

Fingers crossed, that happens to me almost everygame now. :(

dralla

full list

The SOCOM Confrontation 1.40 patch addresses the following issues:

* Fixed an issue which was causing an abnormally large number of simultaneous kills.
* Optimized the Armory so that selecting weapons, attachments and general menu navigation are much faster.
* Fixed another issue where you could get stuck in spectator cam when late joining a game.
* Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have very low framerate and crash when exiting a game.
* Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have no audio.
* Statistics improvements. Statistics are now being tracked at the team level and not the player level. This will ensure stats are tracked for dropped and late joining players.
* Further improved load times for late joiners.
* Fixed several stability issues.

The following changes were made based on user feedback:

* Added new burst firing accuracy tuning when moving. You are now more accurate for the initial burst while moving but accuracy deteriorates as you continue to fire more shots.
* Scopes are now accurate.
* The select screen scoreboard is now exited by pressing the select button.
* Improved tiebreaker rules.
* New HUD animation to indicate when you are reloading.
* Crosshairs now turn grey when your magazine is empty.

We are actively looking into the following issues which are known to exist in the 1.40 patch. These issues will be fixed in a future update.

* The select screen scoreboard, round complete and game complete screens appear blank.
* Infrequently, some users loose controller functionality for a couple of seconds.

Greg said:
Fuck that - why?

so they can make it quality? This beta has been terrible. I played 2 nights ago, 3 games. 2 lagged out and the third froze. With the beta ending next week and realease on oct 15th.....:lol :lol :lol :lol

FUCK. I was downloading the 1.4 update and during the install I had a power outtage at my apartment, I turn on my PS3 later when I get the power back on and the file is now corrupted, I had to delete it and I can't reinstall it because the code I used has already reached its limit...Does anyone have any extra code? Please?

AranhaHunter said:
FUCK. I was downloading the 1.4 update and during the install I had a power outtage at my apartment, I turn on my PS3 later when I get the power back on and the file is now corrupted, I had to delete it and I can't reinstall it because the code I used has already reached its limit...Does anyone have any extra code? Please?

pm sent

Broadbandito said:
so they can make it quality? This beta has been terrible. I played 2 nights ago, 3 games. 2 lagged out and the third froze. With the beta ending next week and realease on oct 15th.....:lol :lol :lol :lol
That's what betas are for.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Broadbandito said:

lol next year would be over kill

but 1 to 3 months oh hell yeah they should delay.

Many people forget the manufacturing deadline should be around the corner if not have passed by now. Given how far off they are from quality status...my money is on another delay. With beta being out i don't think many people would mind at all.

dralla

The new patch hasn't made it load any faster but the improved accuracy of the scopes is a pretty big change, I picked off a lot of guys with headshots last night from distance. It's still not perfectly accurate but it's a notable improvement.

GQman2121

Banned
Sol.. said:
lol next year would be over kill

but 1 to 3 months oh hell yeah they should delay.

Many people forget the manufacturing deadline should be around the corner if not have passed by now. Given how far off they are from quality status...my money is on another delay. With beta being out i don't think many people would mind at all.

The beta can not possibly be the latest build of the game, it just can't be.

They're already running full page ads in magazines and pumping up the release on their blog, so it's highly unlikely that there are going to be anymore delays.

tenchir

Just got into the beta from preordering the game. I haven't been keeping myself updated with this game. I am currently downloading the game on my ps3, are there any gaf clan in the beta?

tuco11

"Fixed another issue where you could get stuck in spectator cam when late joining a game."

Really? I got stuck in spectator mode tonight. :lol

PuMa

tuco11 said:
"Fixed another issue where you could get stuck in spectator cam when late joining a game."

Really? I got stuck in spectator mode tonight. :lol

I continue to get stuck in spectator mode as well.

JB1981

The beta has gotten worse. I wonder what the drop-off in player count has been. The game is just not worth booting up - too much of a hassle.

BeeDog

JB1981 said:
The beta has gotten worse. I wonder what the drop-off in player count has been. The game is just not worth booting up - too much of a hassle.

Pretty much. If people don't even bother booting the beta that's installed to the HDD, I wonder how the disc release will manage.

zedge

JB1981 said:

This.

Same shit still going on for me. Also now when I do get in a game there is this annoying pause every 20-30 seconds where the screen freezes for a second or two. Its pretty much unplayable now.

I am wiping my hands of this beta. Its too frustrating and a waste of my time.

Its actually put me off the actual game, I will likely skip it. There are too many other quality games coming.

I have high doubts they will make thier launch date.

PowderedToast

I haven't booted this thing up in almost 2 weeks now, it's just too much of a hassle. I don't have much free time any more, so I don't want to play something that potentially might not go my way, especially with LBP sitting there on my PS3. To hear it's gotten worse makes me even less likely to give it another go.

I hope they get everything working for release, because there's a great title underneath all the problems. But really, they gotta delay this shit if it's gotten as bad as it sounds.

zedge said:
This.

Same shit still going on for me. Also now when I do get in a game there is this annoying pause every 20-30 seconds where the screen freezes for a second or two. Its pretty much unplayable now.

I am wiping my hands of this beta. Its too frustrating and a waste of my time.

Its actually put me off the actual game, I will likely skip it. There are too many other quality games coming.

I have high doubts they will make thier launch date

basically :D

macewank

one thing i'll say is.. although slant six is making this and not zipper (still, luisi is heading up the team) .. every previous socom game has had an absolutely BRUTAL beta and somehow managed to ship in halfass decent form.. so we'll see

tuco11

" Statistics improvements. Statistics are now being tracked at the team level and not the player level. This will ensure stats are tracked for dropped and late joining players."

Is this the reason when I hit select during a game I don't see how many kills/deaths I have? Or is it just a new bug introduced by the new patch?

Paging , Slant six PR guy Doel..please explain.

thanks.

GQman2121

Banned
tuco11 said:
" Statistics improvements. Statistics are now being tracked at the team level and not the player level. This will ensure stats are tracked for dropped and late joining players."

Is this the reason when I hit select during a game I don't see how many kills/deaths I have? Or is it just a new bug introduced by the new patch?

Paging , Slant six PR guy Doel..please explain.

thanks.

That's exactly why you're not seeing any stats during or after a game.

tuco11

Here 's one hopefully someone can explain and I think it was mentioned earlier? Why is there a run button? It makes the controls much more cumbersome. How come running is not on the left analog stick by pushing it all the way forward? Push it a little bit foward and walk slowly, push all the forward run?

GQman2121

Banned
tuco11 said:
Here 's one hopefully someone can explain and I think it was mentioned earlier? Why is there a run button? It makes the controls much more cumbersome. How come running is not on the left analog stick by pushing it all the way forward? Push it a little bit foward and walk slowly, push all the forward run?

Because Call of Duty 4 has a run button and has sold X-millions of units.

The same can be said about the switching sides at half or even the games box art.

WOW, I haven't played this ever since I got the LBP beta, this game/beta died really fast.

Sony likes to delay things, so I hope this game gets the Sony treatment, at least to December or January, improve the presentation a bit, god damn this has to be the ugliest game this generation and you would expect to run at a solid 60fps but nooo, I am guessing this game is getting overlooked because of it since everybody turned into a graphics whore this gen and including me, I just kind of expect better from this machine.

Just give the game to Sony Bend, I will buy 2 copies if that happened, imagine what those guys could do with the PS3 and the franchise? Drooool!!!!!!!!!

mr stroke

PowderedToast said:
I haven't booted this thing up in almost 2 weeks now, it's just too much of a hassle. I don't have much free time any more, so I don't want to play something that potentially might not go my way, especially with LBP sitting there on my PS3. To hear it's gotten worse makes me even less likely to give it another go.

I hope they get everything working for release, because there's a great title underneath all the problems. But really, they gotta delay this shit if it's gotten as bad as it sounds.

Sounds like this is happening to everyone. I haven't played in the last two weeks and everytime I go to play I say "fuck it" ill play Madden or Wipeout. Just too much of a pain to try and get a good game. I am almost hoping for a delay now(so much stuff coming out in OCT and early Nov), so they can iron out the bugs, Jan would be a great spot and they would probably get more sales from the JAN/FEB slow down.

Doel

Broadbandito said:
its amazing how this thread died after the beta.
Are you kidding me? The posting in this thread at least quadrupled after the beta.

My updates on the front page have been sparse for 2 reasons. 1, I've been VERY busy working on three television shows in college in addition to my regular classes, and 2, its now on a board that a lot people can't access.

I intended this thread to be for informing people about the game, not about meeting up and playing the beta online. It's now useless in that regard because the people that come to this online board already have the beta.

Doel said:
Are you kidding me? The posting in this thread at least quadrupled after the beta.

My updates on the front page have been sparse for 2 reasons. 1, I've been VERY busy working on three television shows in college in addition to my regular classes, and 2, its now on a board that a lot people can't access.

I intended this thread to be for informing people about the game, not about meeting up and playing the beta online. It's now useless in that regard because the people that come to this online board already have the beta.

yea right away, then it completely died... some couple days without posts. If this was cod4 beta thread, be like a million posts a day

Doel

Broadbandito said:
yea right away, then it completely died... some couple days without posts. If this was cod4 beta thread, be like a million posts a day
Ya, because the beta would be taking place on 360.

Top Bottom