• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Did Zone 5's boss glitch on me?

Pretty sure it was the fifth zone (Press Garden). He's the boss who freezes you when you get near him, but when he jumps, you can attack him to make him vulnerable.
I got to the right side of him, and I decided to run to the right, and the captive animals were there. I was like, "Eh?" I jumped on it and the level ended. I didn't even defeat the boss.

Guess Who

Banned
Can someone teach me how to do the Act 2 bossfight for (I think the 6th zone):
Stardust Speedway

I finally beat it earlier, but i really didn't feel like I was doing the first part right.
Trying to hit those silver sonics into Metal Sonic was a fucking nightmare. Is there some trick to this? I spent probably 4 minutes on this part alone.

If you spin dash into Silver Sonic while he revs his own spindash, it will bounce him right into Metal Sonic.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I've had to explain

250px-Sonic_Mean_Bean_Machine.jpg

To seven different people today loved that game!

ToD_

Just finished the first four zones. The amount of detail and creativity on display here is amazing. I can tell a lot of love went into this one. If the quality holds up this may just be my favorite 2D Sonic game.

Rhapsody

Banned
Chemical Plant's boss was really cool. Sadly moment was slightly ruined when the game got stuck after beating it. Had to press start and restart. Eventually died and had to start from Act 1 all over again. Thankfully after I beat the boss, it didn't glitch this time.

I didn't have any game breaking bugs yet.

But I did encounter one in PGZ where the level finish music came on randomly and then the level music just stopped and never came back on.

dr_mario

I was having a rough day (kinda planned) and looked forward for steamy sonicy fun in the evening. Now I come home and my hypeis completely gone. Since when has it been known that Sonic doesnt release today for PC? :(

The Hermit

I was really afraid this would feel like a Rom-hack of the old games.

It's far from it. The desert and TV stages feels like they belonged to older games.

The new special stage is great and not too hard ( so far).

Blue spheres is still addictive and frustrating, and the focus on coins is nice ( two times I got perfect and died afterwards)

Onto Zone 5's second act and wow, just wow. So far I'm really enjoying the new special stages, although finding the entrances seems to be really hard as I've only encountered 2 so far. The boss of Zone 2 blew me away, I was actually screaming "oh my god" at the screen when I realised what it was.

Not all roses though, so far I think the blue spheres stages are absolutely terrible as you can't sight read them and they have no logical paths through them, something even the hardest S3&K spheres stages always adhered to. I've barely completed any and probably won't even go back to attempt it, they just suck.

It's not bad as such. But when all the older zones have an act 2 that adds more elements and feels significantly different, Hydrocity is more of the same and suffers for it.

I think in Hydrocity's case they did it backwards. Act 1 has all the new mechanics plus included classic Act 2's most infamous obstacle
moving wall
. The huge draw back to Act 1 is unlike the classic, they force you underwater whereas you can largely avoid it in the classic.

Act 2 is just classic Hydrocity Act 2 fare with Act 1s background, even Tee Lopes barely changed the music. But personally, I really don't have a problem with it. I needed something a little easier after the bullshit this game put me through already xD

Ferr986

For all the folks having trouble
bouncing Silver Sonic into Metal Sonic
in the Stardust Speedway Act 2 boss, I've created a handy GIF.

reminder, spoiler pics are shown on mobile, maybe you could put it as a simple link (I already cleared that , but it was a nice eastern egg boss IMO).

Kinsei

Banned
I think in Hydrocity's case they did it backwards. Act 1 has all the new mechanics plus included classic Act 2's most infamous obstacle
moving wall
. The huge draw back to Act 1 is unlike the classic, they force you underwater whereas you can largely avoid it in the classic.

Act 2 is just classic Hydrocity Act 2 fare with Act 1s background, even Tee Lopes barely changed the music. But personally, I really don't have a problem with it. I needed something a little easier after the bullshit this game put me through already xD

In regards to your spoiler: It did? I guess not all paths through the level have it since I never encountered it.

In regards to your spoiler: It did? I guess not all paths through the level have it since I never encountered it.

I could've swore it was right before the Act 1 boss. Rather than it coming from the left side like classic Act 2, it's much like classic Marble Garden where it comes from below.

Unless you consider it a totally different thing of course.

Kinsei

Banned
I could've swore it was right before the Act 1 boss. Rather than it coming from the left side like classic Act 2, it's much like classic Marble Garden where it comes from below.

Unless you consider it a totally different thing of course.

I do. During that part I was thinking of the Labrynth Zone boss, not the wall.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else feel some input delay on the Sonic 3 bonus rounds? Particularly when the speed gets really high, turning can be too sluggish and delayed that my mistakes come from not being overtly early on hitting the button rather than something actively going wrong.

Top Bottom