• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Team's first DS title Famitsu scan

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The play looks to involve the interactions of a couple helping one another through the graphic adventure, with the player participating in those actions by using the touch screen in corresponding ways. With a title like "I Would Die For You", it may include helping them save each other from a series of deadly scenarios like those attacking scorpions. Seems to be built in the dating sim framework and require such strategy in order to succeed.

Whether or not the play turns out novel, the graphical approach and presentation they did for the DS with this game is certainly creative.

aku:jiki

This game looks hott.

I'm not sure I think it's a dating game. The screens have some kind of life bar (it seems), and what looks to be extra life slots. And one screen has a timer in the upper left corner.

Graphically, this game looks amazing. It also seems to be using the DS' cell shading capabilities. The style is great :)

However, I'm personally skeptical about the actual game part. Same thing goes for titles like Killer 7. Great style, but we need more proof that the game won't be a dating sim or graphic novel.

hirokazu

by the looks of the heart meter and stuff, it looks like a dating sim of some sort to me, and also it has "Memories" or smthing in the main menu. still, a very odd choice of art style nontheless.

This is a good surprise I must say. I love the visual style, which does remind me of UGA's previous titles. Could this be the title "Rub"?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
*sniff* it looks like the old sega i used to know and love ;-(

DONT TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS

I'm intrigued! And I wish I knew how to read the text of those scans! :/

fennec fox said:
Perhaps they're too busy sitting around, watching DVDs and eating corn chips ever since UGA moved in with their marijuana setup.

Hahahaha :D

That shit is hot. I'm expecting another Rez... awesome gameplay that is misunderstood and mislabeled as "simplistic" and only a few hardcore will talk about, driving others to seek the game out way after it's been out of print, and making many eBayers very rich.

ge-man

FortNinety said:
That shit is hot. I'm expecting another Rez... awesome gameplay that is misunderstood and mislabeled as "simplistic" and only a few hardcore will talk about, driving others to seek the game out way after it's been out of print, and making many eBayers very rich.

I hope it doesn't become another REZ. I think the portable market is the kind of place where these kinds of quirky games can get their time to shine. The DS seems to be getting its fair share of exotic titles already.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
silhouettes.jpg

WordofGod

Banned
ge-man said:
The DS seems to be getting its fair share of exotic titles already.

I presume these first innovative titles to appear on DS are just a small, small taste of what Revolution games will be like. I am @ a point in my gaming life that I only really want original and innovative titles. I am glad that Nintendo is leading the way into the real future of videogames.

An update on ''I would die for you'' from C & VG.com:

Thursday 9th September 2004

Well, kinda... Sonic Team found to be developing dating game for the Nintendo handheld. Leisure Suit Sonic perhaps?

12:38 Bemoaning a distinct lack of love in the air? Sad that Lara Croft won't be around until next year? Then alas, do not fret oh lonely ones, for Sega's legendary Sonic Team is reportedly working on a totally original dating game from Nintendo DS that could see you cop off with a number of enviable lovelies.

Going under the very French arthouse name of I Would Die For You, this unusual game appears to feature a premise vaguely similar to Leisure Suit Larry. You basically play a young man whose aim in life is to woo the ladies, with a number of tricks and (probably) tacky chat-up lines ("get your coat, you've pulled"; "did it hurt... When you fell from Heaven?" ) available in your quest.

Although the game is definitely set for Japan, Sega of Europe issued the customary "no comment" when asked earlier today whether it was also planned for home territories. Hopefully we'll have some confirmation either way soon, plus a few more gaming details. After all, some of us could really do with a few new tips on the old dating game.

You basically play a young man whose aim in life is to woo the ladies, with a number of tricks and (probably) tacky chat-up lines ("get your coat, you've pulled"; "did it hurt... When you fell from Heaven?" ) available in your quest.

This is so fucking retarded. C&VG didn't even READ this article. If they had they would have learned that the developer clearly states that the game will be extremly light on dialogue (text or spoken). God, they'll print anything. I'm surprised they even got the name of the game right.

shuri

Banned
Come on guys. Let's not get over excited. I find it hilarious/sad that some of you guys are praising Nintendo/Sega for such an innovative title.

Facts:
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT IS THE GAME TRUELY IS ABOUT
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT ACTUALLY PLAYS

Lay off the innovative pipe for gods sake. It looks interesting, the graphics are intriguing, but let's not go crazy

edit: OH FUCK IT -- THIS IS THE REBIRTH OF 2D GAMING! GAMING IS SAVED! PRAISE TO <INSERT DEITY> THIS JAPANESE VIDEOGAME HAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE MY INTEREST IN VIDEOGAMES :rolleyes

Kon Tiki

Banned
shuri said:
Come on guys. Let's not get over excited. I find it hilarious/sad that some of you guys are praising Nintendo/Sega for such an innovative title.

Facts:
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT IS THE GAME TRUELY IS ABOUT
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT ACTUALLY PLAYS

Lay off the innovative pipe for gods sake. It looks interesting, the graphics are intriguing, but let's not go crazy

edit: OH FUCK IT -- THIS IS THE REBIRTH OF 2D GAMING! GAMING IS SAVED! PRAISE TO <INSERT DEITY> THIS JAPANESE VIDEOGAME HAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE MY INTEREST IN VIDEOGAMES :rolleyes

For most Nintendo/Sega fans, the act of picking up chicks is innovative.

jarrod

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Let me guess: The official unveiling of "Project Rub".
I don't think so actually, Project Rub is coming from Naka himself afaik. It's somehow related to the Sonic E3 demo (which wasn't Sonic DS btw, which will be a traditional platformer). :/

Top Bottom