• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Team's first DS title Famitsu scan

goodcow said:
Another Sonic Team failure in the making...

Why do you say that? It has a styleish and groovy graphic style, and could play well. Also remeber this is probaly targeted at the Japanese Market not the western market.

ferricide

whatever it is, it's not a standard "dating game" ... dating games appeal to sad-sack otaku types who like super bubbly anime girls. the visuals alone would make that target market vomit.

people who think this is sexy will not be interested in this game. obviously, there's something more going on here. i thought that astro boy (PS2) meant UGA was really dead, but there seems to be some life left in it.

personally, looking at a game with actual exciting visual aesthetics does a lot for me. i love the looks of tons of games, but rarely do i ever go "wow" just from visuals. games are too straightforward.

BuG

shuri said:
As long as it doesnt turn out into a spiritual sequel to Space Channel 5
The last two screens from this scan have one of the main characters out front in a dancing pose, and the people behind her are also dancing, possibly mimicking the main character...

Jonnyram said:
Anyway, you need to check out the sound on the website :O

Oh my GOD. The first three games that came to mind were Katamari, Drill Land, Giftpia, and most of all, Slime Mori Mori. Music in any way similar to one of those is bound to be incredible, much less all four!! I haven't heard such an infectious repeating-loop tune on a web site since this one.

I'm so in love with this game already.

BuG

Jonnyram said:
Official site is live:
http://kimishine.sega.jp/

It's a love story, but I doubt it'll end up as a dating sim. Anyway, you need to check out the sound on the website :O
Is there anything more to the site aside from the awesome looping audio and the page linked to from the little star thing?

Babelgrish has "LOVE & RUB", "Love ???? rubbing" and "Rubbing meeting to rub" in its translation of the star thing page. Maybe it is Project Rub.

Oh, and maybe the marijuana comment wasn't so out of left field, either...

Babelgrish said:
You think that it has entered.
This time
Such
While satisfying root wish
Touch panel dying
It is deep from the marijuana trench coming
Portion of love
Kind of those which you can feel
You are prepared

jdforge

Banned
Yeah - It's all very swinging sixties, groovy seventies. There is a real hippy retro feel to this title. Listening to the music I'm half expecting a few Femme Bots to appear from around the corner !!

Hans

BuG said:
Is there anything more to the site aside from the awesome looping audio and the page linked to from the little star thing?
Nothing special, but there are some additional pictures "hidden" in the Flash file.

kimis6.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ImNotLikeThem said:
thats an Ipod advertisement, not a screen for the game. hehe
He was responding to my picture of towlie, not the iPod advertisement. After towlie gets high he says "I have no idea what's going on..." ;)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
BuG said:
Oh, and maybe the marijuana comment wasn't so out of left field, either...

Ha! Unfortunately, it actually says "deeper than the Mariana Trench," the MT being the deepest part of all the world's oceans.

BuG

Scalemail Ted said:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/546/546105p1.html

There was alot of info on the title posted at IGN.
IGN said:
This is, according to Yoshinaga, one of the game's love scenes, with players required to use the pen to touch the girl as a display of affection (we're not sure of the dirty details at this point).
G4life98 said:
"girl let me touch you!!"
IGN said:
The female side of the staff contributed to the reactions the girl gives as you touch her, with the male staff apparently contributing their ideas of what they'd like to do to the girl.
Male staff said:
"girl let me touch you!!"

GDGF

Soothsayer
This game seems kinda like living in Denmark in the 60's, but with an NDS instead of a condom.

I can dig that.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm pretty sure this is project rub, myself. Too many coinkidinks...rub=love, the whole sonic team with uga working together (since the bringing together of sega's teams by sammy), and ,well is even Sega stupid enough to turn that Sonic rubbing demo into a full game?

shuri said:
Come on guys. Let's not get over excited. I find it hilarious/sad that some of you guys are praising Nintendo/Sega for such an innovative title.

Facts:
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT IS THE GAME TRUELY IS ABOUT
WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT ACTUALLY PLAYS

Lay off the innovative pipe for gods sake. It looks interesting, the graphics are intriguing, but let's not go crazy

edit: OH FUCK IT -- THIS IS THE REBIRTH OF 2D GAMING! GAMING IS SAVED! PRAISE TO <INSERT DEITY> THIS JAPANESE VIDEOGAME HAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE MY INTEREST IN VIDEOGAMES :rolleyes
Some of us like to latch onto anything that seems innovative these days. God knows it's a rare occurrence.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That'd be cool. It could be like Whack a Mole, but they could call it Slap a Ho :)

(Actually, a whack a mole game could make for a nice little NDS title with enough extras)

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Thank goodness I can save that sound file.

Top Bottom