• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
i just cant see the PS3's eyetoy replicating the wiimote + attachment functions. It just isn't practical using a camera, and there hasn't been the slightest rumour out of developers that the PS3 will be doing what the wiimote does.

I'm just hoping that the PS3 controller has some tilt functions in it for racers, because Sony can't make analogue sticks for shit

Yamaha98

I think Sony is gonna thread carefully on what will be available to show/ or any other general announcement for this year's E3. Something like not showing all your goods cards at once. We will probably get the already-announced goodies (ie MGS4, Warhawk, Resistance, etc) & save the rest for another show (GT5, Socom, FF, etc).

Ponn

Banned
Yamaha98 said:
I think Sony is gonna thread carefully on what will be available to show/ or any other general announcement for this year's E3. Something like not showing all your goods cards at once. We will probably get the already-announced goodies (ie MGS4, Warhawk, Resistance, etc) & save the rest for another show (GT5, Socom, FF, etc).

Yes, because E3 isn't big enough. :)

They got a good 4 or 5 months to get this hype train rolling and E3 is where it starts with a bang.

xaosslug

These really should be stickied or something as Nintendo's Official E3 thread dropped to page 2 and MS' sank to page 3. lol That says a lot, IMO.

Midas

xaosslug said:
These really should be stickied or something as Nintendo's Official E3 thread dropped to page 2 and MS' sank to page 3. lol That says a lot, IMO.

Yeah, no one cares about them. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mckmas8808 said:
So how many people here actually believes that the HDD will OFFICALLY be announced to be included with every retail PS3?

I'm doubtful. Harrisons comments at GDC when pushed on it kind of sounded a little suspicious - "well all our games will definitely use it anyway" (to paraphrase). When push comes to shove between price and HDD, I think price will win.

They might heavily encourage its purchase through various incentives though, such that there's a very high uptake of it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Brosa said:
Jak and Daxter MMO !?!? How.... @_O

Just a rumor though.
kawaii.gif

Amir0x

Banned
llTll said:
Amir0x
why you dont put this, nintendo and MS thread to sticky. ?

it would be much better

Each one will in advance of their conferences, stickying all three will make the upstairs uh-glay.

mr_nothin

Banned
Amir0x said:
I don't think it will crush anything, but I think we will end up with two phenomenal racing sims that hold their own each unique ways. I'm pretty content with that, really. COMPETITION BREEDS AWESOME.
I think GT5 will have better physics since its on PS3 (CELL):D
aaaaannnnnddddd physics is what matters. Forza is fun though :)

Yoboman

mr_nothin said:
I think GT5 will have better physics since its on PS3 (CELL):D
aaaaannnnnddddd physics is what matters. Forza is fun though :)
GT4 had better physics than Forza.. It certainly wasn't the better game

mr_nothin

Banned
Yoboman said:
That was kind of what i said. :)
GT4 gameplay was funner, IMO. But Forza just had more stuff you could do and better AI.

gofreak said:
Yeah, this was the slide:

ps3dualscreen5bl.jpg

I think point number two, or a mix of two and three, would be more likely for any game, including GT5, though.
Maybe you connect 2 Ps3's up to get tha panoramic view. You know how they were talking about the whole connected-ps3-powerhouse idea???
Have 1 ps3 render 1 screen and the other render the other screen.
Now i know what you're thinking but dual HDMI wouldn't be useless. You still have the multi applications and game display thing.

Or maybe they will use the panoramic view for Ps2 games. You know, as one of the "enhancements" that they speak of. And also low end ps3 games.

Yoboman said:

Not to get into this argument and derail the thread, but it was an incredibly better game. Better depth, better control. No online hurt and the graphics were a push at best.

But, IMO, it was the better game.

Mrbob

sonycowboy said:
Not to get into this argument and derail the thread, but it was an incredibly better game. Better depth, better control. No online hurt and the graphics were a push at best.

From what Shane said on the 1up podcast, he has heard GT5 ownz0000000000rz Forza 2 (Sorry Che :/)!

Yoboman

sonycowboy said:

And you're entitled to it. I'm too tired to make a point, so we'll leave it there

X26

Banned
All Forza had on GT4 was online, visual customization, and damage. Overall I found GT4 to be MUCH better.

If GT5 can implement these features and keep their selection of cars intact (and hopefully adding a few more manufacturers...ferrari anyone?) I think Forza 2 will have a next to impossible time trying to surpass it

Amir0x

Banned
Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Amir0x, you should sticky all the conference threads, so that they stay in the same place during the conferences.

They WILL be stickied, in advance of their conferences. It's not time yet, don't worry.

Yoboman

X26 said:
All Forza had on GT4 was online, visual customization, and damage. Overall I found GT4 to be MUCH better.

If GT5 can implement these features and keep their selection of cars intact (and hopefully adding a few more manufacturers...ferrari anyone?) I think Forza 2 will have a next to impossible time trying to surpass it
No way will GT5 have the same level of cars

Elios83

tsp_gatmog said:
So, the MGS4 trailer will be shown first at the Konami Press Conference, not Sony's?

Probably there will be a short version at Sony conference and 10 minutes version at the Konami conference.

RaijinFY

Elios83 said:
Probably there will be a short version at Sony conference and 10 minutes version at the Konami conference.

Yeah It would make sense, Sony cant dedicate a 10 minutes only for MGS4 and only 1-2 minutes for the other games at their conference. So I suppose they are going to let Kojima and his team to present the full trailer.

mr_nothin

Banned
RaijinFY said:
Yeah It would make sense, Sony cant dedicate a 10 minutes only for MGS4 and only 1-2 minutes for the other games at their conference. So I suppose they are going to let Kojima and his team to present the full trailer.
Fight Night Presentation was longer than 1-2 mins...they even demonstrated it in real-time.

mr_nothin said:
Fight Night Presentation was longer than 1-2 mins...they even demonstrated it in real-time.

UT2k7 was even longer, but those were just demonstrations. Those can go on longer than a trailer.

Elios83

Anyway about the conference,does anyone know if Kutaragi will be there?
Of course Kaz will be there and probably Phil Harrison will be there too to show the first party lineup as the president of SWS.
Kutaragi usually attends E3 when there's something important to announce about the platforms (Sony making an handheld,PS3 specifications etc).

Elios83 said:
Anyway about the conference,does anyone know if Kutaragi will be there?
Of course Kaz will be there and probably Phil Harrison will be there too to show the first party lineup as the president of SWS.
Kutaragi usually attends E3 when there's something important to announce about the platforms (Sony making an handheld,PS3 specifications etc).

i dont know for certain, but im gonna say it's almost a guarantee

Wollan

Of course this thread can't continue without a drunk post. And Im close to balcking out now. E3 this year is going to huge.

Dahbomb

Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Tekken 6
Heavenly Sword
+1 other megat0n game announcement

I am cock'd, lock'd and ready to rock for E3!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't quite get the Heavenly Sword love.

But I am very open to getting that love. Show me some footage, Sony.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
it'll be really cool to see PSP come out of nowhere and deliver a ton of awesome games no one saw coming

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I don't quite get the Heavenly Sword love.

But I am very open to getting that love. Show me some footage, Sony.

It's a new IP, the girl is sexy looking, HDR effect is nice, it will have 4xAA, it has AF, good art, great physics, fight over 3,000 soldiers at once or fight 5 at once in another scene, and because it's just fucking hot!!

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
It's a new IP, the girl is sexy looking, HDR effect is nice, it will have 4xAA, it has AF, good art, great physics, fight over 3,000 soldiers at once or fight 5 at once in another scene, and because it's just fucking hot!!

I like how Heavenly Sword looks too, but bad image quality is a detriment, and good image quality should be an expectation, not an asset.

Mrbob

Here he is folks making his grand entrance...the king...of KINGS.

kutaragithedestroyer2jk.jpg

Amir0x feel free to add this picture to your first post after the Sony MEGATON is announced Monday night! :D

Mrbob said:
Here he is folks making his grand entrance...the king...of KINGS.

kutaragithedestroyer2jk.jpg

Amir0x feel free to add this picture to your first post after the Sony MEGATON is announced Monday night! :D

The King deserves a better screencap to be grafted on!

conankings5as.jpg

Forsete said:
Any idea how long this conference might last? It was 2 hours long last year right?

I think it'll be shorter this year, they had a lot of ground to cover last year (the Nvidia RSX presentation comes to mind).

Majmun

The last 10 minutes of last year's Sony conference were interesting. The rest was filled with boring talk. imo.

I hope they show more game footage this time around. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Last year was 1hr 50 mins. I'm thinking this year will be 1hr 15 - 1hr 30, tops. I'm kind of hoping it's an hour, since I might get to sleep at a fairly OK hour that way! (i was going to leave it all til Tues morning, but I figure I can stay up til 1am to watch it live, since GS is streaming it).

Elios83

_leech_ said:
I think it'll be shorter this year, they had a lot of ground to cover last year (the Nvidia RSX presentation comes to mind).

True,last year they had to give visibility to a lot of people involved in the project (nVidia Ceo, Masa Chatani,etc) and they had to comment on all the PS3 specs,so this year the conference will probably last less,unless they have other suprises and/or decide to show the trailers of every single game they have in store for their three platforms.(I think people have completely forgot about PSP but it will have a nice show,with HL,new MGS and FF Crisis Core unveiled at the conference).

Elios83

gofreak said:
Last year was 1hr 50 mins. I'm thinking this year will be 1hr 15 - 1hr 30, tops. I'm kind of hoping it's an hour, since I might get to sleep at a fairly OK hour that way! (i was going to leave it all til Tues morning, but I figure I can stay up til 1am to watch it live, since GS is streaming it).

Do you live in UK?
Because the conference starts at 1am for many countries in Europe.

WalkMan

Banned
Elios83 said:
True,last year they had to give visibility to a lot of people involved in the project (nVidia Ceo, Masa Chatani,etc) and they had to comment on all the PS3 specs,so this year the conference will probably last less,unless they have other suprises and/or decide to show the trailers of every single game they have in store for their three platforms.(I think people have completely forgot about PSP but it will have a nice show,with HL,new MGS and FF Crisis Core unveiled at the conference).
I'd prefer if it was straight up 2 hours. They have PS2, PSP and PS3 to present. And the online infrastructure of theirs of course.

Top Bottom