• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Elios83

WalkMan said:
I'd prefer if it was straight up 2 hours. They have PS2, PSP and PS3 to present. And the online infrastructure of theirs of course.

Yeah I would also prefer that they take all the time to show all the games they have.
1 hour and half should be the minimum but we'll see.

E3 will also be when we find out just how real GT4O is. From what PSM and others have said its alot more than just GT4 with online play thrown in. They'll be adding new cars (because 700+ just wasn't enough :p) so maybe they'll be showing some new licenses they got.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
E3 will also be when we find out just how real GT4O is. From what PSM and others have said its alot more than just GT4 with online play thrown in. They'll be adding new cars (because 700+ just wasn't enough :p) so maybe they'll be showing some new licenses they got.

Sounds like a pretty quick and cheap addition to me :p

Amir0x said:
Sounds like a pretty quick and cheap addition to me :p

Well that's all I listed. You're suppose to be able to set up tournaments, upload and download replays, rankings ect. That's all that's really known as of now.

Elios83

penguinonapole said:
Is this Pre-e3 conference dedicated to the Ps3 or to all of Sony's consoles?

I think that 90% PS3, 8% PSP and 2% PS2 would be a good guess but there's no way to tell at the moment.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Chris Michael said:
I have a strong feeling PSP will have an infinitely larger presence than last year's E3. I expect tons of love from 3rd parties.

Well, judging from that PSM Definite and Probable list, it seems that 3rd party developers are going to be releasing a boatload of PSP games this year into early 07'

Lionheart

Chris Michael said:
I have a strong feeling PSP will have an infinitely larger presence than last year's E3. I expect tons of love from 3rd parties.
They'll have a larger presence at the E3 floor, but whether Sony feels like showing much of PSP at the press conference? I doubt it. Sony had quite some games they could have shown last year as well, but PSP was only briefly mentioned once. Same for PS2, though we also saw the FF XII trailer.

I just think Sony feels showing PSP games at the press conference doesn't help them as much as showing as much as possible of PS3 at the moment. And there's still lots left to reveal, I think they could fill 2 hours with 90 % PS3 again this year. Though maybe PSP fits in there as well if connectivity is going to play a role. Edit: and PSP's role in Sony's online network.

If they're going to show PSP games at the conference they'd have to be huge games like FF7:CC. They'll probably talk about the features they'll be adding and Shane mentioned they'll allow you to download PSone games to your PSP. Other than that I think its going to be mostly the PS3 and possibly some PS2 games that come out of nowhere.

Matix

Chris Michael said:

Sony has been putting a lot of emphasis on attendees to make sure they bring their PSP, for the SCE Conference. Its been rumors that the reason for this, is to allow the audience to test out the new upcoming PSP-Features (like the PSP-PS1 Emu). Also with major games like MGS, Ace Combat X, Tekken: DR, Silent Hill: OS, Lumines 2, LocoRoco, KillZone 2, FF7:CC, etc.. I'm sure the PSP is going to play a essential key role at E3-06.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Matix said:
Sony has been putting a lot of emphasis on attendees to make sure they bring their PSP, for the SCE Conference. Its been rumors that the reason for this, is to allow the audience to test out the new PSP-Features (like the upcoming PSP-PS1 Emu). Also with major games like MGS, Ace Combat X, Tekken: DR, Silent Hill: OS, Lumines 2, LocoRoco, KillZone 2, etc.. I'm sure the PSP is going to play a essential key role at E3-06.

Yah, Shane said PS1 games. Luke disapproves, lol.

Matix said:
Also with major games like MGS, Ace Combat X, Tekken: DR, Silent Hill: OS, Lumines 2, LocoRoco, KillZone 2, FF7:CC, etc.. I'm sure the PSP is going to play a essential key role at E3-06.

If any of those are downloadable to be playable then I hope Sony uploads them to their website for people to download like they did with Locoroco.

ant1532

Banned
:lol i just picture everyone playing loco roco during the conference and no one is listening to Ken, and he's demoing an awesome ps3 game but all you hear is one of those awesome loco roco songs.

Imagine LOST being on Mondays also...

And for those of you who will watch 24 over the press conference live... where are your PRIORITIES?

TIVO anyone? torrents? Its what this shit was invented for.

Amir0x

Banned
tsp_gatmog said:
and 24.
fuck.

PS3 OR 24?
KEN OR BAUER
SAD;KLFJS;KJ

Dont worry. I save you all.

Sony announces that they are giving up on PS3, becoming an exclusive Nintendo third party.

Boom, there's the conference in a nutshell.

Doesn't the press conference start at 7pm EST? Assuming it's a little over an hour long (or even 2) that won't get into 24's time at all.

Speevy

Banned
I don't get what the big decision is.

If you're crazy about a television show, watch that. It's not as if you could possibly miss one second of E3 announcements, game footage, etc. from this show if you tried. I guess it would be cool to experience the show live on the message boards, but you're competing with thousands of people trying to get in a word about whatever Kutaragi, Kojima, or whomever just said. (assuming the forum stays up that long)

My connection is probably too slow to get much out of the live conferences anyway, but as a fan of 24 I don't think I'm going to miss either show this week.

Crisis

Banned
No, but why wait for IGN to stream the PS3 conference? Hitman: Blood Money is the only game I'll EVER need again!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Matix said:
Sony has been putting a lot of emphasis on attendees to make sure they bring their PSP, for the SCE Conference. Its been rumors that the reason for this, is to allow the audience to test out the new upcoming PSP-Features (like the PSP-PS1 Emu).
I definitely hope it will be something more than just "Playstation Spot" type of thing, where user can download demo to the PSP, but the demo is downloaded using a game sharing feature and disappears as soon as you play another game or switch PSP off. At least they should give out real downloadable demos, like LocoRoco, but I'm hoping for PS1 emu or a 3.0 OS beta preview.

Speevy said:
I don't get what the big decision is.

If you're crazy about a television show, watch that. It's not as if you could possibly miss one second of E3 announcements, game footage, etc. from this show if you tried. I guess it would be cool to experience the show live on the message boards, but you're competing with thousands of people trying to get in a word about whatever Kutaragi, Kojima, or whomever just said. (assuming the forum stays up that long)

My connection is probably too slow to get much out of the live conferences anyway, but as a fan of 24 I don't think I'm going to miss either show this week.

Point is, there are a million ways to get a TV show if you miss the time it airs. If you're even mildly interested in the press conferences, why not watch them live if you have the chance? How many times does that opportunity come about? I'm an avid watcher of 24, but I know I can have a commercial free, HD quality version an hour after the episode airs.

Zen

Banned
(GMT -7:00) Mountain Time (Us & Canada)...

I hate timezones... when is the conference, my time? :(

lancubap

Midas said:
You can see it live, but why would you bother? :lol

All videogames interest me, of course. The industry is not only Microsoft, or Nintendo, or Sony: it is a combination of them. So, overall at E3, it is important to have a good idea on all the industry.

Top Bottom