• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorcery |OT| What sorcery is this?

vazel

Banned
Wow, seriously. After all the hype for this game and this is how it's going to end. I expected more activity and reactions.

NIN90

5103cwo9ixL_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

YOU'LL NEED THESE MOTHERFUCKER

Goldrusher

Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden and the Vatican City

... only pay €30 from Amazon.co.uk.

patsu

Oh-kay, I bought it over lunch. Now I should find time to play the game; some time this century would be superb.

Loudninja

Eurogamer Portugal 8/10
Eurogamer Sweden 8/10
Eurogamer 7/10
Eurogamer Italy 6/10

I didn't know Eurogamer had all those sites.

Wayy too short for 40 euro's. Pc gaming has spoiled me.
I think its fine length for this game, they shoudl had a newgame + though.

Agent X

I gotta tell you, I've never seen Sony's marketing machine kick it into overdrive like they've done with the release of Sorcery.

Remember all the early or day-one demos that they released for nearly every other major Move-required game? Games like Start the Party, Kung Fu Rider, TV Superstars, PlayStation Move Heroes, and Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest all had demos out alongside the game, or even ahead of time in some cases. I remember getting the PlayStation Move Heroes demo weeks before the game came out.

On the other hand, you've got Sorcery...without question, the most highly anticipated "Move required" game since Move was first officially announced to the public. This is the one game that was really going to save the Move. Apparently the anticipation (and thus the preorders) must be soaring off the freakin' charts, since Sony figured they'd just skip out on releasing a demo for this one. (It makes sense, since everyone's already preordered it, why would they need a demo now?)

The game is also too cool for any kind of TV commercials. It's evident that the PS Vita must need all the help that it can get, since they insist on running the same commercial over and over repeatedly within the course of a single two-hour show. Clearly, there is no need to break up the monotony by using a different commercial for some other PlayStation-related product, such as Sorcery.

This game might be about wizardry, but the real wizards are the Sony marketing mavens. Their sacred craft is surely beyond comprehension.

Agent X

I'd love to get it, but money's tight, reviews are mixed, and there's no demo. Even at only $40, I'd still need a demo to judge it for myself before I could pull the trigger on the purchase.

FYI, if anyone was planning on getting a Move controller starting on Wednesday Gamestop will offer ALL preowned Move accessories 50% off.

I'm dipping for Sorcery and Epic Mickey 2

Mileena

Banned
I gotta tell you, I've never seen Sony's marketing machine kick it into overdrive like they've done with the release of Sorcery.

Remember all the early or day-one demos that they released for nearly every other major Move-required game? Games like Start the Party, Kung Fu Rider, TV Superstars, PlayStation Move Heroes, and Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest all had demos out alongside the game, or even ahead of time in some cases. I remember getting the PlayStation Move Heroes demo weeks before the game came out.

On the other hand, you've got Sorcery...without question, the most highly anticipated "Move required" game since Move was first officially announced to the public. This is the one game that was really going to save the Move. Apparently the anticipation (and thus the preorders) must be soaring off the freakin' charts, since Sony figured they'd just skip out on releasing a demo for this one. (It makes sense, since everyone's already preordered it, why would they need a demo now?)

The game is also too cool for any kind of TV commercials. It's evident that the PS Vita must need all the help that it can get, since they insist on running the same commercial over and over repeatedly within the course of a single two-hour show. Clearly, there is no need to break up the monotony by using a different commercial for some other PlayStation-related product, such as Sorcery.

This game might be about wizardry, but the real wizards are the Sony marketing mavens. Their sacred craft is surely beyond comprehension.
is this a serious post?

Amagon

How much are you getting paid for this post?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Jesus dude.

RPGCrazied

I don't have a move, this game looked interesting until I saw the GT review. Is the tearing *that* bad? Looks hideous. 10 hours with absolutely nothing else to do afterwards is the main killer.

T-0800

Played the demo earlier. Seems pretty solid. Controls work well which is important.

7 out 10 seems about right from what I played.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Played the demo, I enjoyed.

Shaking the move, then tilting it up and over to your mouth to drink a potion is the best use of motion control to date.

I am not even kidding. There needs to be a cocktail drinking action adventure or something where an alcoholic drinks constant brews for innovative power ups.

I was going to skip this, but the sheer thought put into the controls and how intuitive they are has relegated Skyward Sword as a distant clumsy memory.

EGM1966

Tried demo. Seemed fun but light in depth. The impression I was left with was that this started as a small title for Move, got the best feedback and Sony delayed it for 18 months to overhaul engine and improve the look (I was surprised to see the Unreal logo which also got me thinking they shifted it quickly to that to try and save time).

Controls are actually good although I think the following are missing:
  • player ability to control lock on - it's automatic and seems to work well but a player override would give just that bit better feeling of full control
  • ability to stand still and flip on a mouse look - the game works okay without mouse look but I still think it should be there

I'd also guess, based on demo, that it's a bit too combat / shooting gallery focused. The ability to bend spells, etc. is cool but the use of magic outside combat feels too little - more puzzles and more depths mixed with combat would shift this from 7 or 8 out of 10 to 8 to 9 out of 10 territory.

TBH - and again remember this is based on demo only - Sony are silly for not sticking in some coop and even a simple MP. I can imagine kids would get a blast out of running around with their friends both sitting next to them on the couch and online with this.

Still - finally a game that uses the navi controller and shows the Move tech could easily power fantastic games - if someone would just invest that extra level of effort to deliver one : 'cause while Sorcery is good (and TBH well ahead of most other Move/Kinect/Wii motion stuff of past last 12 months or so) it just isn't quite as good as it good easily be.

May buy though - might as well feel I've got enough games to justify my navi controller.

I tried the demo and was pretty pleased with the Move controls, pretty intuative and responsive. Camera was ok but as mentioned above would have liked some better lock on controls. Also would have liked to see more spell, combat, and enviroment variation in the demo; like the wind and fire spell mixing and transforming into the mouse.

It's already £21 on Amazon (RRP £30) and I'm sure it will drop pretty quickly, so will pick it up at some point. My 6yo will enjoy it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
[*]ability to stand still and flip on a mouse look - the game works okay without mouse look but I still think it should be there
[/LIST]

Keep L1 held down and orientate the Move around. You can do this while moving, too.

Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden and the Vatican City

... only pay €30 from Amazon.co.uk.

You left out Cyprus, dude :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
IF you are having trouble with higher enemies put the PSeye on top of the tv.

I hit them everytime now.

Hm... you sure you are not simply getting closer to them? (Assist is distance-based. The closer you are the easier).

Top Bottom