• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorcery |OT| What sorcery is this?

Loudninja

Hm... you sure you are not simply getting closer to them? (Assist is distance-based. The closer you are the easier).
No,not having trouble at any distance anymore, well I cant go to far way of course.

I cant get the curve shot right though.

Nasreddin

I really like the demo. They took the idea from the crappy Harry Potter Kinect game and made something decent. Going to buy Sorcery as soon as there is a deal on the Playstation Store.

Aru

Just tried the demo and found it pretty average. Move controls were not really accurate and level design was boring.
I wonder if the full game is better.

I've decided to stop buying average games, even at cheap prices. So I may not buy this game eventually.

I put an hour or so into this yesterday and have to say, I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I've owned a Move and Navi controller from day one and have enjoyed the games I've used it for before now, but it's nice to have a full game that uses both controllers. Accuracy hasn't been 100% perfect for me, but certainly not low enough to take away from the enjoyment of playing.

Loudninja

Just tried the demo and found it pretty average. Move controls were not really accurate and level design was boring.
I wonder if the full game is better.

I've decided to stop buying average games, even at cheap prices. So I may not buy this game eventually.
Only problem I had is with the curve attack, everything else work great.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yeah I think this is the best use of motion control so far.

The game has like 12 spells right?

Not really. Sony counts every shit you can do as a spell (even the shield).

Sorcery has 5 attack spells, besides the default arcane shot.

- Earth
- Ice
- Fire
- Wind
- Lightning

Of course you can say every spell counts as two since you can do two different attacks based on how you hold the controller (not with the Earth one tho - that's 1 attack only)

Loudninja

Not really. Sony counts every shit you can do as a spell (even the shield).

Sorcery has 5 attack spells, besides the default arcane shot.

- Earth
- Ice
- Fire
- Wind
- Lightning

Of course you can say every spell counts as two since you can do two different attacks based on how you hold the controller (not with the Earth one tho - that's 1 attack only)
Oh ok thats fine, thanks :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This actually looks cool, if I can snag it for $20 like Child of Eden I'm game. However I sold my Nav. earlier this year; can I play Sorcery with the Move and a regular DualShock controller?

I agree, between Datura and this game the Move has been busy. Now, give us an Okami HD remake with Move controls Sony!

Soooo, nay more impressions or anything.

I finished it yesterday, really enjoyed it. The Move stuff is, for the most part, responsive and it's nice using it with the Navi as well. The puzzles are simple but it felt good using the motion controls to solve them. Enemy design could be a bit more varied, but the bosses are great fun to fight. The whole alchemy side to the game is interesting and trying different combinations of items to see what they will create is fun.

It's not perfect, but great if you want something for Move that's not mini-games.

Nakiro

It's fun game. Controls are responsive enough that it works, specially since from my experience you tend to sacrifice speed for accuracy.
I personally haven't had many problems with the camera.

Carl

Saw an advert for this when i went to see MiB3 at the weekend. I was surprised.

Anyway, going to give it a go now :D

Loudninja

I finished it yesterday, really enjoyed it. The Move stuff is, for the most part, responsive and it's nice using it with the Navi as well. The puzzles are simple but it felt good using the motion controls to solve them. Enemy design could be a bit more varied, but the bosses are great fun to fight. The whole alchemy side to the game is interesting and trying different combinations of items to see what they will create is fun.

It's not perfect, but great if you want something for Move that's not mini-games.

It's fun game. Controls are responsive enough that it works, specially since from my experience you tend to sacrifice speed for accuracy.
I personally haven't had many problems with the camera.
Thanks sounds excellent.

Carl

5103cwo9ixL_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Did that answer your question? :p

Carl

Initial impressions...bloody hell this actually really is an absolute ton of fun :) Only played half an hour or so, so far. But wow. Some of the environments are beautiful. The shooting works well and the story seems pretty silly (in a good way).

Pretty happy with this :)

Aggelos

Be bound to remember that the official OST was released by La La Land Records, as it was Mark Mancina score (LLL have released remastered and restored Mancina film scores like Speed, Speed 2, Bad Boys and Money Train).
http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Sorcery.html

sorceryCOVER.jpg

La-La Land Records and SCEA present the original score to the new videogame SORCERY. Renowned film composer Mark Mancina (SHOOTER, SPEED, SPEED 2, TWISTER, BAD BOYS, TRAINING DAY, ASSASSINS, AUGUST RUSH) brings his cinematic musical muscle to this exciting, fantasy-based, dungeon-crawling game in which the player is a powerful sorcerer's apprentice who must master the Magick of the Faerun in order to drive back the Nightmare Queen, who has broken an age-old contract with mankind. Mancina fashions a powerful, imaginative musical score that whisks the listener into the game's fantastic world and beyond.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Sorcery 2:34
2. Blue Skies over Ordale 2:19
3. The Mothertree 3:14
4. The Nightmare Queen 2:35
5. Undead Soldiers 1:49
6. The Island of Lochbarrow 2:19
7. Big Key Big Door 1:49
8. Keymaster Battle 3:25
9. Trouble Is Brewing 2:10
10. Dash Is Defeated 2:12
11. Bogey Village 3:26
12. Magic Doors 1:05
13. Between Worlds 0:53
14. Bogeys Attack Ordale 2:29
15. Spell Nexus 0:38
16. The Endless Stair 2:28
17. Elf Assassin 0:42
18. Shadow Stalkers 1:17
19. Forest Guardian 1:34
20. Faerie Forest 2:15
21. Seven Wanderers 1:50
22. Sylphs and Spiders 2:13
23. Slumbering Palace 1:42
24. Finn to the Rescue 2:38
25. The Banshee’s Lair 2:50
26. Ice Shaman Battle 3:16
27. Finn Battles the Nightmare Queen 2:31
28. Setting Things Right 1:12

Total Album Time: 60:05

GeoramA

I loved the demo. Using a DualShock to navigate was better than I expected.

I'll probably buy it soon, but I have no time to play games right now.

hertog

just bought the game, great artwork.

But shooting enemies in the air or on higher ground is a problem sometimes

Just ordered the game as it was £7.99 so thought I would bite at that price. Remember playing the demo and quite liking it, will give me a reason to dust off the controllers too :)

Top Bottom