• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God |OT| Delicious Flat Curry on the Vita

Tailzo

Experience can be gained in dungeons but upon leaving, Pupuru's level returns to one making it essential to upgrade equipment.

So like Time Stalkers / Climax Landers :(

Rarutos

this game is kind of hard and cruel lol. not much luck with weapon crafting. my barbed spear+2 got turned into pickled onions. :(

Haha, well it can be cruel about items yes. I was sad when my Ivy Sword +6 got involved in a random item shuffle. Never using those red glyphs again!

Ken

Haha, well it can be cruel about items yes. I was sad when my Ivy Sword +6 got involved in a random item shuffle. Never using those red glyphs again!

my pickled onion thing was set up! i equipped a sword to assay it but it turned out to be cursed and weak so i couldnt reequip my barbed spear which meant it was free to be pickled onionized!

i only got saved by opening a trap chest that unequips your weapons before the boss floor. threw that cursed weapon at kuu asap.

Ken

Oh this game. Opened a treasure chest that gave -3 to all equipped weapons.

And then I got sniped by Phoenix monster off screen. ;_;

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
That's true. I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit but my biggest issue has been the awful framerate and sluggish menus, which is worse when I'm checking my menu every couple of minutes.

Im trying to remember if I had issues with menus. The framerate thing is usually a given with games like these. lol

Ken

Im trying to remember if I had issues with menus. The framerate thing is usually a given with games like these. lol

The menu seems really unresponsive and kind of slow but it might just be me.

Do you know if the skills Kuu gains are random? I could really use Crafting Smarts during dungeons. D:

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The menu seems really unresponsive and kind of slow but it might just be me.

Do you know if the skills Kuu gains are random? I could really use Crafting Smarts during dungeons. D:

All I remember about Kuu was the system with him drove me insane... I would have to go back to the game to play it over since I pretty much forgot mostly everything about it at this point, besides the crashing and simplified gameplay.

Also do feel your pain about all the traps and other stuff lost so many good items that way D:

Ken

All I remember about Kuu was the system with him drove me insane... I would have to go back to the game to play it over since I pretty much forgot mostly everything about it at this point, besides the crashing and simplified gameplay.

Also do feel your pain about all the traps and other stuff lost so many good items that way D:

"You like that +3 shield huh."
CHANGED TO PICKLED ONIONS.

I think Kuu's kind of an interesting take on a stamina system without just being a simple stamina bar. Will have to play more before I decide for sure though.

Rarutos

Yeah, I wish there was a way to make sure Kuu got Crafting Smarts too. They spoiled us with the first chapter guaranteeing it, and now he seems to never get it. D8

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
They haven't even shipped my copy yet, what's up with that.
Yeah, mine is still in "Packaging" on this day.
Seems that there is a storm at their warehouse in some state and my bib is stuck there. Sucks for me since I am going back home for a month for break, so I won't be able to play it until February. :(

Ken

ibgyKi3kqpoK4r.jpg

iFCKJ5cWcZ6zn.jpg

MY RICE.

Rarutos

It's kind of sad how little attention this game seems to be getting, it may not be the best game ever, but it's pretty charming and addictive!

The rarities of the trophies on PSNprofiles are interesting, lots of 0%s.

Hubb

It's kind of sad how little attention this game seems to be getting, it may not be the best game ever, but it's pretty charming and addictive!

I'll be getting it eventually. It just hard for me to buy anything around this time of the year. It gives me stuff to ask for, for Christmas. I just can't justify buying this game now when I know it'll be on sale before I even get a chance to look at it.

RpgN

It would help if we get impressions from the people who are playing the game, you hardly read anything about it!

Ken

so gaf, how's this game. Yay or nay?

I think it's a game with a lot of charm in the visuals, dialogue, and acting, and a rogue-like that has been surprisingly rogue-like where RNG can really screw you over. Picking up ?gear and appraising it is also surprisingly addictive. Unfortunately there's some pretty gross framerate issues and a rather sluggish menu system that's made worse by having to visit it so often to appraise items, feed Kuu, and stuff. I might be missing a shortcut so I don't have to visit the menu so often but I'm not sure.

Overall it's not a terrible game, and if you set your expectations on a $40 Compile Heart game appropriately, it's surprisingly okay.

HawthorneKitty

Is the Limited Edition only available on Amazon and Newegg?
So it seems.
If anyone is not interested in the awesome LE for some dumb reason, ordering from the AKSYS store with the CURRY code will net you $5 shipping credit and a 17x10 poster.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the game fun and easy?

Shingro

I enjoy roguelikes a ton, I enjoy anime a ton, I have a weakness for moe...

......................... and I do like this game!

........ but Azure Dreams was still better :/ more monsters, partner AI control, plus town building and dating D:

Shingro

Oh god some of these equips are amazing.

I will definitely say it wins over Azure Dreams in humor and translation quality in spades. The events and back and forth of some of the characters is great.

Translation team also did an amazing job with a bunch of stuff that just screams 'very careful word humor' which usually doesn't translate well

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I love me some Curry and moe artstyle... no idea that this was a followup to the Madou Monogatari series either!

Elvick

Banned
Any tips on what to sell vs keep?

I figure, I should keep an extra weapon/shield or two stored in case I lose what I have equipped, right?

But what else? I have a bunch of scrolls I don't know what to do with. Are those like one time use attack items mostly? Restore is self explanatory, but 'SMASH!' says 'Reading it will turn you from princess to pauper' what does that mean? :\

Should I just sell most of these? Or is it worth keeping a few for dungeons later on?

And do I need to worry about keeping rice (or other food-ish items) and such in storage? Or can I just feed them to Kuu?

I'm only on Chapter 1, so don't want to be selling things that are used later. Or better used some other way than selling them.

HawthorneKitty

Any tips on what to sell vs keep?

I figure, I should keep an extra weapon/shield or two stored in case I lose what I have equipped, right?

But what else? I have a bunch of scrolls I don't know what to do with. Are those like one time use attack items mostly? Restore is self explanatory, but 'SMASH!' says 'Reading it will turn you from princess to pauper' what does that mean? :\

Should I just sell most of these? Or is it worth keeping a few for dungeons later on?

And do I need to worry about keeping rice (or other food-ish items) and such in storage? Or can I just feed them to Kuu?

I'm only on Chapter 1, so don't want to be selling things that are used later. Or better used some other way than selling them.
It feels like 90% of what you find is useless; just toss it them over to Kuu and level it up for skills. The things you should keep are items with a + or - modifier/ items with skills you like. Invincible and those item-level-up scrolls are the only ones I care about. I haven't come across any situation where I spend money, so I throw it all in the bank and keep all "use" items.

Elvick

Banned
It feels like 90% of what you find is useless; just toss it them over to Kuu and level it up for skills. The things you should keep are items with a + or - modifier/ items with skills you like. Invincible and those item-level-up scrolls are the only ones I care about.
Thanks. :D

So it's better to level Kuu vs selling then?

Shingro

Many things have unusual advantages though, for example: if you combine a secret scroll onto a weapon/shield with a free slot it'll gain +8 to all stats. Similarly things like the revive water can give +10 health or so, items have unusual uses too. Science Power restores hp, Magic Compact turns 1 item into something else. Most of the green orb items seem to be throwables? haven't tested stuff like curry bomb but there is a fair amount of creative you can get up to with some of this stuff.

HawthorneKitty

Oh wow, good to know bout the Secret Scroll! That means that You could potentially make any item a beast; now to find an item (like that cat paw) that looks ridiculous and make it awesome. Forgot to mention that the ID Scroll is awesome too.

Wish there was like a book guide or something.

Ken

Many things have unusual advantages though, for example: if you combine a secret scroll onto a weapon/shield with a free slot it'll gain +8 to all stats. Similarly things like the revive water can give +10 health or so, items have unusual uses too. Science Power restores hp, Magic Compact turns 1 item into something else. Most of the green orb items seem to be throwables? haven't tested stuff like curry bomb but there is a fair amount of creative you can get up to with some of this stuff.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

the green orbs i think you can sell for about 300 each so I take them back. i tried feeding them to kuu once lol.

Rarutos

I........ but Azure Dreams was still better :/ more monsters, partner AI control, plus town building and dating D:

I feel like I need to find a copy of Azure Dreams eventually. I have wanted it for a while though!

I just beat the game tonight! Sadly when you have super powerful weapons it seems like the game is pretty easy, I beat the last dungeon with no problems in the first run. I hope the post-game dungeons are tougher!

Overall, I ended up enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm not sure why I liked the music so much, but I did. It's just a fun game to play. I definitely would say that it is probably easy for a roguelike. I think I had more difficulty with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, if I remember correctly.

Shingro

I feel like I need to find a copy of Azure Dreams eventually. I have wanted it for a while though!

I just beat the game tonight! Sadly when you have super powerful weapons it seems like the game is pretty easy, I beat the last dungeon with no problems in the first run. I hope the post-game dungeons are tougher!

Overall, I ended up enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm not sure why I liked the music so much, but I did. It's just a fun game to play. I definitely would say that it is probably easy for a roguelike. I think I had more difficulty with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, if I remember correctly.

I do think this skews a bit easy in the story at least. Perhaps the extra dungeons will be a bit more intense.

Bleh, I was going to offer my twitch tv archives for past broadcasts of my Lets Play of Azure Dreams.... but apparently are not kept in perpetuity.... or something? Either way they're gone :/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Azure Dreams is awesome :)! Played and beat the PS1 version when it came out back in the day.

I even enjoyed playing the Game Boy Color version as well ;)

HawthorneKitty

Wow, headed into what I think is the final (main story) dungeon maybe and there are a ton of unidentified items. After a dozen or so floors Kuu got the skill to automatically reveal them so I should be good for the rest of the dungeon hopefully.

Rarutos

Azure Dreams is awesome :)! Played and beat the PS1 version when it came out back in the day.

I even enjoyed playing the Game Boy Color version as well ;)

I didn't even know there was a GBC version! D:

HawthorneKitty said:
Wow, headed into what I think is the final (main story) dungeon maybe and there are a ton of unidentified items. After a dozen or so floors Kuu got the skill to automatically reveal them so I should be good for the rest of the dungeon hopefully.

I was hoping for that the whole time I was going through it and never got it. *sobs*

Top Bottom