• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Korea: N. Korea fired banned ballistic missiles into ocean off its east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Associated Press‏ @AP

BREAKING: South Korea: North Korea fired several banned ballistic missiles that flew about 1,000 km into ocean off its east coast.

Link.

North Korea on Monday fired a projectile into the waters off its east coast, South Korea's military said, in an apparent missile test that comes days after Washington and Seoul began huge military drills that Pyongyang insists are an invasion rehearsal.

It was not immediately clear what was fired, but Pyongyang has staged a series of missile test-launches of various range in recent months. The ramped-up tests come as leader Kim Jong Un pushes for a nuclear and missile program that can deter what he calls U.S. and South Korean hostility toward the North.

North Korea test-launched a new intermediate-range missile in February and conducted two nuclear tests last year. There has also been widespread worry that the North will conduct an ICBM test that, when perfected, could in theory reach U.S. shores. Washington would consider such a capability a major threat.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
China needs to quit enabling them, they took baby steps but it's obviously not enough.

Keasar

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this was in response to China's recent punitive measures.

11951940_10107036906125594_3210546251536532391_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom