• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Pillville

On day 2 and
Al Gore
is way harder than he should be. That or I just suck.

This was the only battle I had to do multiple times to win.

I used Butters and every turn used a Power Potion (Red Bull) then used Professor Chaos. Then on my turn made sure we were healed/alive and attacked
Agents
Once the agents are dead, it's easy.

Into Day 3 now...and then I found the sewers...so I spent some time going through there.

Man, this game...THIS FUCKING GAME.

Seriously one of the best experiences I've had in years and years. I love it.

I will probably hit 20 hours on it. Is there a clock?

When you save, the save should tell you how long you've played.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
On day 2 and
Al Gore
is way harder than he should be. That or I just suck.

No, he's one of the only battles in the game that's actually the correct difficulty. Especially if you fight him at an early level. Beating him before you unlock Jimmy is the most satisfying thing about this game in terms of gameplay.

Toadette

Banned
man i totally forgot that pip died in episode 201

when the saw the school board of those who died like chef etc

i was like whatttttt

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
well maybe people still playing think he may be in the game like i did

Yeah but to be honest I think those people would rather be put out of their misery rather than be disappointed when they beat the game and realise he isn't in. Like I was with Towelie. I wish somebody would have just told be before I played the game that he wasn't in the game rather than allowing my hopes to be crushed slowly and painfully.

Toadette

Banned
Yeah but to be honest I think those people would rather be put out of their misery rather than be disappointed when they beat the game and realise he isn't in. Like I was with Towelie. I wish somebody would have just told be before I played the game that he wasn't in the game rather than allowing my hopes to be crushed slowly and painfully.

didnt cartman kill all his stuff animals cas i just become friends with polly prissypants ?

gray_fox224

What about those who are not South Park fans, but have a general understanding of the characters, etc. - still worth to go out and spend 60$?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What about those who are not South Park fans, but have a general understanding of the characters, etc. - still worth to go out and spend 60$?

Probably not. The gameplay is actually pretty poor and unbalanced. If you like South Park then you'll enjoy the game just for the humour and fan service. If you don't like South Park then all you're left with is a very poor Paper Mario.

With that said, are you sure you're not a South Park fan? It could be that you just haven't seen enough of South Park to know whether you could really be a fan or not. You might enjoy it anyway. Just don't expect that enjoyment to come from the gameplay.

fwiw I don't watch South Park very much at all and I thoroughly enjoy the game. Bought it for the full 60 and don't regret it at all. I also don't feel like the gameplay is bad at all but I didn't go in expecting a particularly deep and difficult combat system. It's actually more complex than I thought it was.

People are making the comparisons to Paper Mario but I really feel like a closer comparison would be the combat in the first two Penny Arcade games by Hothead.

RPS37

I'm stuck.
I can't make my fart detonate behind Randy.
I don't understand what the game is asking me to do.

Kurod

Banned
I really love Jimmy in this game, he's such a bro. Bards kick ass.

I finally took down
Al Gore and ManBearPig AKA Gore
Matt and Trey just skewered him, love how his Global Warming Presentation can put you to sleep haha. Wonder what all those teachers who show his crap would think haha.

The best part to me was
The "Global Warming" debuff. If you examine it you'll see it will kill your character but only after 99 of your turns.

-MD-

If you find the show funny, yes. If you're in it purely for the gameplay then no.

I personally loved the combat, I found it to be really satisfying timing attacks and blocking, the problem is that the game is a bit easy and fights don't last more than a couple minutes.

It's definitely not "poor" as the dude above me said, but it's not worth $60 if you aren't interested in South Park. From a pure gameplay perspective, wait for $20-30 but if you're in it for a mixture of the combat & South Park, go for it now imo.

I'm stuck.
I can't make my fart detonate behind Randy.
I don't understand what the game is asking me to do.
f

Hold the left stick where its vibrating hardest, and at the top of the screen it will prompt you to flick the right stick up. Once you're controlling the fart, steer it over randy and detonate it behind him

RPS37

f

Hold the left stick where its vibrating hardest, and at the top of the screen it will prompt you to flick the right stick up. Once you're controlling the fart, steer it over randy and detonate it behind him
Thanks. I guess I just wasn't waiting long enough for the right stick up button prompt.

I beat the game last night. Questions and general impression

1. Does Kyle even have a buddy command? I never used him in battle either, once I got Cartman he was my main with Butters as my secondary for Professor Chaos. Sorry everyone else

2. What is a Snuke? I must have missed the episode if it's from the show. I was expecting it to be a Snook, meaning Snooki. It just looked like a nuke

3. The battle against Chef made me a little sad. I didn't want to fight him. I guess the kids didn't either

4. Can you Summon Mr. Slave in battle while in Mr. Slave's ass? I haven't checked my missed achievements but I suspect this may be one.

5. During the final fight with Princess Kenny, she does these auto kill attacks that are specific to your partner. I only saw 2 and failed both, wasn't expecting the mash command to come up so I fell short. I saw Stan's, where a unicorn charges him, and Butters', where the Grim Reaper attacks. What are the rest of them?

6. Al Gore fight was the hardest in the game. I must have died 10x to him. I was level 12, used Butters/Cartman, and could only do it after I bought a beefy sword from the Elf Camp. Sword of something.

7. When fighting the gnome on your parents' bed, what happens if you fail the nutsack dodge?

I think that's all I have for now. Overall I really liked it. Getting the timing down for block can be a little rough for the first hour or so, it seemed like such a short window back then but I was blocking like a champ by the end of the game

CassSept

2. What is a Snuke? I must have missed the episode if it's from the show. I was expecting it to be a Snook, meaning Snooki. It just looked like a nuke
It's from season 11 episode Snuke. Snuke is a nuke. In a snatch. Pretty funny episode actually, it's a 24 parody.

Clydefrog

I'm still mad that this is the only one I missed, and I can't go back to pick it up. I was so close to getting that achievement, and now I'll have to play the game again to get it.

I just found it last night :D woohoo all chinpokomon on my first playthrough!

Canada
was awesome! You do know what a
dire bear
is, right?

Toa TAK

Banned
I just befriended the goths, just like everyone else playing this game. lol

Taking my time with this game, it's a lot of fun and the humor is fantastic.

jamsy

So I've never followed the show, although I have watched some clips here and there and found it pretty humorous. But I'm kinda interested in trying this...

Would I be lost if I play this without knowing the background story/characters?

TheGamer

Just saw this awesome gif from the Gamestop Email

I7MQ700.gif

Clydefrog

I thought I was going to beat the game last night but had to turn it off after this happened

"there's a snuke in mr. slave's ass! gee, i wonder who can become really small and is familiar with abortions?" I simply walked out of the room and it fucking exploded instantly

I was laughing too much. "ahahaha... ahah.. oh, i'll just finish you later"

MazeHaze

Banned
I just defeated
the bishop in canada, and the cutscene plays where he gives me his balls
and right when the cutscene ends, my game goes to loading screen and stays there. Tried reloading earlier saves. Game breaking bug 11 hours in. This blows pretty hard.

Andrew.

Banned
Already know this will be one of my GsOTY.

On my way to the Plat, just a few more to go.

I was a shoe-in for finding all of the clothes, but I missed two pieces of the Knight outfit which I know is in
Clydes
fortress but I just couldnt find them for some fucked up reason.

To collect everything in this you have to be meticulous as fuck, but it's all good and I love it. Im already on my third run.

Jew class is the way to roll. Jew-Jitsu alone is a godsend early on because of stun and dont get me started on the Bar Darts which are so damn overpowered it isnt funny.

Bleed and Fire damage is everything in this game. Gore is a complete pushover.

aka_bueno

so, what are the chances of a next-gen port, slim to none? I really want to play this on my TV but got rid of the 360 when I got the One. Sad panda.

Do exactly what the screen tells you to do, don't make any assumptions or do anything else, do the exact prompts that show on the screen.
I've tried this literally a hundred times and can't seem to get the timing down. Ugh what a roadblock.

Aaaaand I got it. Thanks.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I've tried this literally a hundred times and can't seem to get the timing down. Ugh what a roadblock.

Aaaaand I got it. Thanks.

What fucked me up about the tutorials is that I was trying to do it on my own. Once I started mimicing the on screen directions a split second after it displays, then I got them perfectly every time.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So, I know how next season has to start.

Open on: Bus stop
Momentary silence
Kyle: Hey, has anybody heard from the new kid? I haven't seen him in a while.
Cartman: The new kid? He's dead.
Pause
Cartman: Yeah. Got hit by a car.
Pause
Stan: Well, that's why you don't play in the road.

Proceed with episode :p

Cromat

The ending was great. Lots of funny moments in this game and it really represented the show well.

I think in a year this game will be ported to mobile/tablets, it's a good fit.

yamo

So i'm playing this on the PS3 and just defeated
Manbearpig
and I can neither save or load a game at the moment. When I try to save I just get the confirmation prompt then straight back to the pause menu. When I try to load I get a prompt saying "The game was unable to load that level".
Is this a know bug, and is there anything I can do about it? Should I just quit the game and restart?

I had quite a few bugs earlier as well with the game freezing and forcing me to reload. Pity as it is a fun game otherwise.

Edit: I restarted the game and now everything seem fine again. Had to replay some but not too much fortunately.

Vitacat

The ending was great. Lots of funny moments in this game and it really represented the show well.

I think in a year this game will be ported to mobile/tablets, it's a good fit.

That could be interesting. If they could change it up a little so it's not the exact same game on mobile, I bet many would double-dip.

breadtruck

wtf how do you win the
fart battle against Cartmen?
I've been pressing "A" for 10 minutes now.

I just let
Cartmen hit me during those attacks. My hands cant take that punishment. Heck, I even had a hard time "pooping in the toilets"

Im really enjoying this game, which is surprising since I always shy away from RPGs otherwise. The fan-service to the show more than makes up for it, and I can play a genre I normally dont care for. Hilarious.
The framerate slowdown is pretty annoying though.

Just started this tonight. Combat is much more involving than I expected , really fun stuff. I picked Jew, I wish they had given a little info on each classes strengths and weaknesses before making you choose.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Looking back at the announcement thread, it's amazing how much things have changed given how negative the general consensus was back then:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453997

That wasn't a negative consensus. That was a bunch of idiots shitting up a thread because they overhyped a gameinformer reveal and expected/wanted that reveal to be something different. They did the same thing when Evolve was revealed a few months ago.

Top Bottom