• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

The creators of South Park talked about a sequel in a recent IGN interview. I think they will do it. Lets be cereal here. The ground work is already laid out and they can reuse many assets. With the story they can rip locations and stories from the show and mix it in with some video game references just like they did with this game. Also the superhero theme
is hinted at all over the game
. Too many characters didn't make an appearance. So much boss potential

Boss potential
barbra streisand
Mel Gibson
Succabus
Scott Tennerman
Satan
Saddam
Giant Tetsuo Blob Cartman
Thats just the tip of the iceberg. So much potential is to be had

Hollycat

Rented this yesterday for $2, beat it, and returned it this morning.

It was pretty good, but the last boss fight was kind of... stupid.

My favorite part was
what happens if you refuse to go into mr slaves butthole

Edit: also, I'd like the choice to play as a girl in the next game. Queef magic away!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
How do you make Cartman say (beginning Easter egg [?] dialogue spoiler)
"Oh look, he checked out everything in my backyard, hard core gamer"

I did it my first time and I can't make it happen again for some reason
thats what she said

How do you make Cartman say (beginning Easter egg [?] dialogue spoiler)
"Oh look, he checked out everything in my backyard, hard core gamer"

I did it my first time and I can't make it happen again for some reason
thats what she said

I think he only says it if you idle long enough.

Hollycat

So im inside
Mr Slaves Anus,
please tell me I can still go back and do all the sidemissions.

afterwards they mention going and taking a shower, but I don't think you can actually do it.

besides, it's already night time.

The game keeps going after the end though, so you might be able to do it then. I was already at 100% by the time I got there, so I don't know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my favorite moment in the whole game is still
breaking Craig out of detention. Just for Mackey reactions. Kind of surprised at the lack of Garrison in this game tbh

I am a die hard South Park fan, but I hate RPGs (turned based fighting specifically). Can I still have fun with this game even though the fighting style isnt my thing?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am a die hard South Park fan, but I hate RPGs (turned based fighting specifically). Can I still have fun with this game even though the fighting style isnt my thing?

Maybe. The fighting mechanics are a big part of the game. You can probably trudge through it once and enjoy the story.

Definitely. The turn-based fighting is actually more interactive than usual, but even if you absolutely hate it the rest of the game is so worth it. I can't see any die-hard South Park fan not loving the shit out of this game.

-MD-

The 30 FPS lock on PC is starting to get to me.

I play all my games at 60fps and didn't even notice the game was locked at 30 until someone told me. Not sure how it could possibly bother you since it looks and feels totally authentic to the show.

Alpha_eX

Got this and loving it so far though something seems odd, after playing about 2 hours and having near enough finished Cartman's initial quests and done a few mini bosses, I am still level 2.

How do I level up or see my progress? Not sure what's going on here but this doesn't feel right for a JRPG.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got this and loving it so far though something seems odd, after playing about 2 hours and having near enough finished Cartman's initial quests and done a few mini bosses, I am still level 2.

How do I level up or see my progress? Not sure what's going on here but this doesn't feel right for a JRPG.

In the menu with maps and inventory and such you can see your profile on the left hand side with a level progress bar.

Hollycat

Most of the exp for leveling up comes from completing quests. beating bosses and completing days/ nights is basically guaranteed to make you level up.

Also did anyone else think this game was bit tame for what we've come to expect from southpark? I mean, other than the part where you
have a battle underneath your parents bodies while they are doing the dirty and the horribly nasty bit where you have to enter mr/ slaves dungeon, the game felt like a normal rpg with south park references.

Edit: I also felt money was a bit too plentiful. I bought enough stuff to get almost all the outfits and weapons and still ended the game with $700.

Grief.exe

I play all my games at 60fps and didn't even notice the game was locked at 30 until someone told me. Not sure how it could possibly bother you since it looks and feels totally authentic to the show.

I don't watch the show at all so that probably effects my perception.

It is most jarring for me when I am moving sideways, exploring the town or houses. In battles or cut scenes, I hardly notice it.

Also did anyone else think this game was bit tame for what we've come to expect from southpark? I mean, other than the part where you
have a battle underneath your parents bodies while they are doing the dirty and the horribly nasty bit where you have to enter mr/ slaves dungeon, the game felt like a normal rpg with south park references.

I don't know man. The things you mentioned plus the
alien anal probing, pedophilia, abortions, zombie nazi fetuses, and myriad dick shots
put the game comfortably out of "tame" territory in my view.

It's Nintendo-style turn-based fighting, so it's actually still fun and engaging, requiring quick reflexes and timed button presses. If you are a die hard fan you will love this game.

Recall

So I finished my Jew playthrough or at least to the point the story was finished and had done enough side stuff, though not all of it. Started a Mage playthrough and Dragon Breath is one incredible ability. With this playthrough I'll be doing the other branching options from the story just to get a few more trophies.

Vibranium

Banned
I really love Jimmy in this game, he's such a bro. Bards kick ass.

I finally took down
Al Gore and ManBearPig AKA Gore
Matt and Trey just skewered him, love how his Global Warming Presentation can put you to sleep haha. Wonder what all those teachers who show his crap would think haha.

I don't watch the show at all so that probably effects my perception.

It is most jarring for me when I am moving sideways, exploring the town or houses. In battles or cut scenes, I hardly notice it.

When screen is moving sideways it's almost painfull to eyes.

Also I strongly dislike the combat system due to those timed inputs.

But still so far it's fun so i can live with it.

Eusis

In my experience, when you are used to see the game at 30 FPS, then double the frame rate the game looks 'strange' until your brain fully adjusts.

Seeing a lot of that with Resident Evil 4's recent Steam release. Its the first time seeing that game at 60 FPS and people just aren't used to the experience.
It's probably also why 30 FPS can be unacceptable to people who mostly game on PC, certainly when I go play a console version of a PC game I played through (thanks PS+!) it just doesn't look as smooth as I think it should, but when I get adjusted it's OK. Usually, mostly when a game is actually a stable 30 FPS rather than all over the place anyway.

bunbun777

Beat the game, then went through a second time for the complete clean up. Was a fun game though every time it auto saved things would slow way down, was not cool. Loved all the junk.

Clydefrog

I really love Jimmy in this game, he's such a bro. Bards kick ass.

I finally took down
Al Gore and ManBearPig AKA Gore
Matt and Trey just skewered him, love how his Global Warming Presentation can put you to sleep haha. Wonder what all those teachers who show his crap would think haha.

Yeah, Jimmy is my go-to buddy.

There once was a maiden from St-st-stonebury Hollow!

Hubble

The game is marketed towards South Park fans who necessarily may not be the everyday gamer. I recommend playing the game on hard for a better experience. You can always change it.

South-Park-DSDW-Packshots.jpg

Well, that would at least explain why they cut the console versions in Germany but not the PC version. Still pretty strange move from Ubisoft
Do the different versions also have different ratings in other EU countries?

Finished the game yesterday, it was amazing, havent been this sad about finishing a game in a while.

Yet, the final boss
was really lame, they did run out of time or something, having to kill Kenny 5 times in a row was just not fun.

Even though they cover so much of the South Park Universe, I still think they have plenty of material for a sequel.

My favorite moment was
going to Canada, the whole thing was amazing.

Stupid question. Early game spoilers, just past Day 1:

I've just cleared Day 1, and then I decided to do the Mongorians mission. However, after beating the Mongorians, I am prompted to return to City Sushi and I find it's destroyed. Am I missing something here?

adj_noun

I've just cleared Day 1, and then I decided to do the Mongorians mission. However, after beating the Mongorians, I am prompted to return to City Sushi and I find it's destroyed. Am I missing something here?

Go to City Wok, not City Sushi.
Keep going left, you'll find it right next to the tower.

Wasp

You have to go to City Wok which is to the left of the Tower of Peace, the destroyed City Sushi is to the right.

Finally finished this. Well worth the money.

Only issue I had was some absolutely horrible framerate drops. Sometimes it would happen in combat which was extremely frustrating. Friend has digital version and didn't have those problems.

oatmeal

Banned
Into Day 3 now...and then I found the sewers...so I spent some time going through there.

Man, this game...THIS FUCKING GAME.

Seriously one of the best experiences I've had in years and years. I love it.

I will probably hit 20 hours on it. Is there a clock?

Recall

The fully levelled up Mage's Dragon Breath continues to wreck everything.

When can you get a side quest from the police station as the detective keeps telling me to visit later?

On day 2 and
Al Gore
is way harder than he should be. That or I just suck.

I had to wait till I got
Jimmy
as a buddy.

Got Gore and his guards Bleeding stacked up to 5 and used Jimmy to keep putting them to sleep every turn. They'd wake up because of the bleeding but they still wouldn't get to act that turn and eventually everyone just bled to death. I don't think Gore would fall asleep though but he's not too big a problem on his own.

It sucks that he spams your inbox the whole time until you fight him, but it can't really be helped.

Top Bottom