• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Attempting 1st Stage Landing After Rocket Launch (AKA Crazy Space Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Rock? lol

Rock is go.

Solo-in-Space-Threadless-tee-shirt-apparel-clothing-designers.jpg

jchap

Don't need to fire up the tracking radar that often when your unmanned space drone sits up in space for years at a time.

Jezbollah

Today's launch window of all of one second is due in 34 minutes time. The launch range is green, however high altitude wind is currently red, so unless we find a patch of calmer weather, today's launch will be a scrub too.

Oriel

Again? If space travel is to truly become like travelling by air then it's going to have to work on punctuality and regular schedules. Yes I know flights can be delayed or cancelled by bad weather. But usually not for long. And certainly not because of gusty winds. Dammit I want regular scheduled trips to Mars already!

Rant over.

Crispy75

Again? If space travel is to truly become like travelling by air then it's going to have to work on punctuality and regular schedules. Yes I know flights can be delayed or cancelled by bad weather. But usually not for long. And certainly not because of gusty winds. Dammit I want regular scheduled trips to Mars already!

Rant over.
Don't worry. The gigantic rocket that Musk plans to build for colonising Mars won't give a damn about wind:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom