• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpiderMan2 and Asphalt UrbanGT DS pics and info.

Kon Tiki

Banned
ds_spiderman_ss_01.jpg
[
ds_spiderman_ss_02.jpg

Asphalt_UrbanGT_DS_Cuba.jpg

Asphalt Urban GT™

Product Description
Asphalt Urban GT™ combines the virtues of both simulation and arcade racing for the Nintendo DS™. Players will be in the driver’s seat while hitting the streets in a wide range of licensed high-performance cars on tracks from all over the world.

Winning races, collecting prize money, and then purchasing new cars and/or tweaking current ones is key to success. Asphalt Urban GT is a solid game for both sports car enthusiast and racing fans.

Key Features

More than 20 Licensed Dream Cars
The most recognized and well-respected racing cars in the world, including Lamborghini, Jaguar, Hummer, VW, Audi and many more.

Eight Tracks Inspired by Real Locations
Driving through the recognizable streets of New York City, Miami, Paris and Tokyo.

Dual Screen, Dual Approach
Players will have the advantage of watching their progress turn-by-turn on the bottom display of the Nintendo DS.
Spy on opponents and gauge when to take risks and when to proceed with caution.

Build, Tune, Shape
More than thirty options for tuning, engine maintenance and bodywork.

Graphics and Gameplay
Outstanding 3D graphics are accentuated by realistic engine sounds and original music that complement the urban environments.
Five gameplay modes with three camera angles and a replay feature create a dynamic and immersive racing experience.

Multiplayer Racing
Up to four players can race against each other through each twisting turn in three different multiplayer game modes:
o Single Race allows up to four players to race head-to-head.
o Championship mode allows up to four players to play some of the championship tracks from the solo evolution mode.
o Cop Chase is a two player cat and mouse mode where the cops attempt to capture and “lock on” their opponent for five seconds to claim victory.

Deg

Banned
Looking very good. Asphalt GT is mine. I like how the bottom screen is used :) Touch screen to change music tracks.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
So spiderman 2 is closer to the GBA version than the console version?

man the 3rd parties really are rushing out these DS titles :-/

At least the 1st party stuff is looking cool (as always)

Where did these pics come from?

I'm surprised by Spider-Man 2 - I had expected a straight port of the GBA version with a tacked-on touchscreen web-slinging minigame or two. It'll probably suck, but it's nice to know that they're putting more effort into it than that.

BTW, I thought that it wasn't possible for DS to use the ARM9 (or whatever the more powerful processor is called) for simultaneous 3D on both screens.

GDJustin said:
AGT looks much much better than RRDS...

If that one shot is any indication, definitely looking pretty darn nice, yeah. I'll have to check reviews on it when both games come out and buy one of them.

GBA pics for comparison
spider-man-2-20040618055011388.jpg

spider-man-2-20040618055009654.jpg

spider-man-2-20040618055009154.jpg

The GBA version is clearly sprite-based, while the DS version seems to be entirely polygonal. So it's probably a different game.

snapty00

Banned
Spiderman looks like crap, but that racing game looks pretty good. It actually looks very refined and polished, unlike practically every other DS game shown so far.

I don't see how Spiderman looks like crap, it looks pretty solid in those shots, compared to other games we've seen in screens.

But yeah, that racer looks very nice for a DS game. Ilike it. Hopefully it looks just as well in motion.

Musashi Wins! said:
I can't believe how crappy the graphics are for these games.

Guess you never played PSone..........

It goes like this

GB---->Nes
GBA--->Snes
DS----->N64/PS1

It seems to be the natural Evolution........

Chittagong

Gold Member
This is an insane world.

I'll attribute it to the fact that I'm f'n wasted, but what my blurry vision is seeing is that NDS is a Ngage prot machine?? Sure, both have ARM9, but seriously? Sorry guys, no sell for these games. It's the first-party and Jap stuff I'll buy.

There is a TOUCH PAD, WLAN, 3D PROCESSING, MICROPHONE, TWO SCREENS in the Nintendo DS you douchebags! Do something innovative! Look at the Jap titles and be ashamed!

Asphalton ngage:
asphalt03.gif
asphalt02.gif
img_asphalt_20.jpg

spiderman 2 on ngage:

spiderman6.jpg
spider04.jpg

Deg

Banned
Asphalt i dont mind. Looking forward to it. WLAN really needs to be used however. I havent heard much about wireless today...

Spiderman 2 is a little late but i guess it'll sell afew on name alone like many other DS games.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Chittagong said:
This is an insane world.

I'll attribute it to the fact that I'm f'n wasted, but what my blurry vision is seeing is that NDS is a Ngage prot machine?? Sure, both have ARM9, but seriously? Sorry guys, no sell for these games. It's the first-party and Jap stuff I'll buy.

There is a TOUCH PAD, WLAN, 3D PROCESSING, MICROPHONE, TWO SCREENS in the Nintendo DS you douchebags! Do something innovative! Look at the Jap titles and be ashamed!

Erm....Spider-Man 2 seems to have some pretty unique DS controls going on looking at the screens.

I guess you really are wasted.

eso76

Asphalt GT looks *slightly* better than RR imo.
Btw, the first pic exhibits a horrible dithered shadow for the car...it looks like a saturn game...no transparencies for nintendo ds ??

Deg

Banned
eso76 said:
Asphalt GT looks *slightly* better than RR imo.

slightly my arse. The car and the scenery is way ahead of RR. I doubt people will even be that interested in RR nowadays anyway.

ign said spiderman 2 is great.... They said it is the most graphically impressive game at gamers summit... and reggie said it was his favorite...

I'm buying this at launch.

Falch

Spiderman 2 sounds a lot better now. Too bad there are so few gameplay movies of DS games, I've only seen SM64 DS and Metroid Prime First Hunt in motion.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
why do i get the feeling that the DS and PSP are the beginning of the end for 2D gaming? :(

aoi tsuki

Deg said:
Looking very good. Asphalt GT is mine. I like how the bottom screen is used :) Touch screen to change music tracks.
But the icons for the track selection look incredibly small. Too small to be switched by finger. i'd much rather have a pause screen track selector and just use the extra 10 or so pixel rows for the map or whatever.

Scrow said:
why do i get the feeling that the DS and PSP are the beginning of the end for 2D gaming? :(
Face it, 3D gaming was the beginning of the end of 2D gaming. i think this comment has come up with every system with the exception of Dreamcast and GBA.

Soul4ger

I just thought of something kinda neat...

What if the top screen was the side-scrolling portion, but the bottom screen, the first-person one, allowed you to aim at body parts and shoot web at them, with the touch panel? Would that be neat, or have I convinced myself of that in my head?

Top Bottom