• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was beyond terrible. Probably the worst game related event in ages. There were a few cool things sure but it was completely free of big reveals. They need to put the VGA/Xs out of their misery and move Gamescom to later on in the year. That way you get a 'winter E3' for publishers to show new games and none of this crap. I've come to the conclusion that Spike/GT can't be trusted to put on a good show.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
y'know, some of you might wanna knock joels angry hermit loner remark about gamers but damn if the last 6 pages of music hate ain't proof of what he's saying. there is such a thing as muting the twitch tab if you want to.

walling off whole genres of music is a such waste, like as much as you can, you'll be happier that way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If they're going to play nothing but rap can it at least be from the west coast classics station, when that genre was good? Like I said this is mostly incomprehensible rambling set to a beat that doesn't even go with the words. It's making me wish I was deaf in both ears instead of 1.
There is more rambling and less cohesion in this post than in any of the songs performed thus far.

Well....nothing really exciting. Joel Banderas was cool, and No Man's Sky looks really cool, as does the time game that I forgot the name of. (Quantem Break?) But overall meh.

And it ends with these songs...how could a game that has these songs win Soundtrack of the year? It has words in the songs, what happened to video game music being just music? The Last of Us & Super Mario 3D World's music is so much getter than this. Yeesh. I just don't like words in my music, exceptmaybe a epic chorus like in trailers.

Dex815

Oh boy... they did everything the worst way possible in this show... terrible host, terrible band, terrible jokes, terrible winners....

Only good things: the videos of The Witcher 3, The Division, No Man's Sky and the banderas joke of ND. Oh and the end to this waste of time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having fun, I think this is cool.
ALTHOUGH, I think to add legitimacy to the VGX they need to a monthly thing throughout the year.. so that this end of the year thing doesnt seem so random.

If they want to appeal to whatever audience this appeals to, just create its own program and air this shit there.

There is absolutely no reason to have a 15 minute concert during this program that is supposed to be about games.

Horrendous decision making on Spike's part.

chadskin

I think Joel McHale would've been a better fit for the old format. This year they were actually trying to produce something respectable. McHale's sarcastic, uncaring attitude didn't really gel. Toned it down about halfway in though, suspect Keighley showed him those tweets he was talking about.

I think so, too.

Nudull

Banned
Well, aside from Borderlands, GoT, No Man's Sky, Broken Age, Joel Banderas and this concert, this was quite the trainwreck. Maybe next year, Geoff.

it is not the event it is just that GT.TV is getting worse

PS4 ALL ACCESS - GT.TV SPIKE = meh

XBOX REVEAL - GT.TV SPIKE = double meh

VGX - GT.TV SPIKE = WTF am I watching meh

Lucent

Geoff: We are listening to your feedback and want to make the show more enjoyable for you.

Me: Listen a little harder next time, please. =(

Recon

Banned
If they're going to play nothing but rap can it at least be from the west coast classics station, when that genre was good? Like I said this is mostly incomprehensible rambling set to a beat that doesn't even go with the words. It's making me wish I was deaf in both ears instead of 1.

There are incorrect statements, and then there are just objectively fucking stupid statements. This is the latter.

CF22

So I spent 3 hours watching this shit and no GTAV on PS4? Rockstar you owe me one. And where's the good music from GTAV? All I'm hearing is this horrible rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom