• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Stealth games work when the AI and tools available allow for interesting scenarios that are unplanned, or when given enough tools any elaborate plan can be executed. The stuff you buy in Thief basically supplies playstyles themselves, instead of supplementing or nourishing big core elements.

Basically, the core gameplay and choices look so simple that none of what's been shown looks captivating or exciting.

Ba6ufCVCAAATaOn.jpg

They should have gotten Ryan Seacrest too.

I've just got this feeling that we arent going to get any footage from any game we havent already seen beofre. I was really hoping for at least 1 new game reveal but I dont think thats happening.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Why did Garret snap that guys neck? He may be a thief, but his not a monster. The older Thief games punished you for killing people to the point that you would fail the mission. Just been violent for the sake of being violent. Well, I guess it is a "AAA" game.

So, not asking what you want to win, but what you THINK will win:

GTA or Last of Us?

Rockstar apparently shipped a huge roster of their employees to the show...so...

Ricker

Companion app...none those apps worked for me so far...not working in AC4 etc etc...I hope this one works...

Raven77

You don't speak for everyone interested in this game so don't act so entitled. It's a stealth game, so what? People will play the way they want to play. Their actions in the game will have consequences accordingly. It beats having to play one way and one way only.

Again, so do you think I should be able to exit my car in Forza and walk around?

Honestly, I don't know where to stand on Theif. The hate seems to be reaching DmC-levels, where it's just anger for the sake of a nostalgic circlejerk. Of course, some of the criticisms seem legitimate. But I heard also heard a lot of them in the buildup to Human Revolution.

There's actually a paid version of the games' companion app? I'm surprised that hasn't happened before (that I know off), but it's still serious bullshit.

You don't speak for everyone interested in this game so don't act so entitled. It's a stealth game, so what? People will play the way they want to play. Their actions in the game will have consequences accordingly. It beats having to play one way and one way only.

A game that does one thing very well is a lot better than a game that does multiple things that are all mediocre because they have to accommodate each other.

Nemme

I’m pleasantly surprised with the quality of the stream on the Live Events Viewer (PS3). Mainly because I’m in Europe. Looks like I’ll be watching it on the big screen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom