• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Moondrop

Banned
What do you guys think of the Lunar Blaster Neo? I thought i was dead set on longer range blasters like the N-Zap or the Splattershots now but then this guy absolutely annihilated me just now with a Lunar Blaster Neo so i've been rethinking the whole thing... It's sort of like a shotgun at close range right?
Well it depends on how you define a "shotgun" effect. The Luna can kill in one hit, but it's pretty tough to depend on that with the extremely short range. The basic Luna strategy is to dominate at close range with two hits, such that opponents must flee as soon as they're tagged or get wrecked. Its specialty is Tower Control.

That said, there are other close range weapons that can also lay claim to the shotgun effect. Rollers, in particularly the carbon, are more reliable for one hit KOs. The normal blaster has a bit more range than the Luna and can be more reliable for one hit KOs if you can aim, while retaining solid area control abilities with two hit KOs. And my baby, the tri-slosher, requires two hits but has great spread and firing rate.

The flavor variety is one of the things that makes Splatoon so great. And I concur that swim speed is really helpful for close range weapons, for approaching, flanking, and retreating.

Eh the Lunar Blaster is not for me... I did try the Tri-Slosher now though and...well, i managed to constantly have the most kills but also almost the same amount of DEATHS LOL :( Whenever i see someone i take them down but they saw me as well and take me down with em. Any way around that?

ffdgh

Eh the Lunar Blaster is not for me... I did try the Tri-Slosher now though and...well, i managed to constantly have the most kills but also almost the same amount of DEATHS LOL :( Whenever i see someone i take them down but they saw me as well and take me down with em. Any way around that?

Been a while since I've used the vanilla tri slosher since zink mini exists. Only thing I can suggest is to make use of those disruptors and bubblers when going in for a kill with the green bucket.

Moondrop

Banned
Any way around that?
If you go head to head with a shooter, yeah, you'll probably trade. You need to do some combination of:
1) Strike first if you have a better firing rate and/or they're underestimating your range.
2) Flank from a funny angle and use your spread.
3) Throw paint over/around cover when they think they're safe.
4) Hit 'em with a disruptor to disable/panic your foe.
5) Bubble bubble bubble.

It's a funny weapon that's not for everyone.

Ogodei

I've felt that the blasters are at their best when used for suppressing fire and area denial. I remember first using the Luna Blaster on the old Urchin Underpass map, you could stand there at the chokepoint, fire over the little hump and just completely stonewall the enemy unless they went the long way around or hit you with an inkstrike.

If you go head to head with a shooter, yeah, you'll probably trade. You need to do some combination of:
1) Strike first if you have a better firing rate and/or they're underestimating your range.
2) Flank from a funny angle and use your spread.
3) Throw paint over/around cover when they think they're safe.
4) Hit 'em with a disruptor to disable/panic your foe.
5) Bubble bubble bubble.

It's a funny weapon that's not for everyone.

Thanks, i'll try some of those... Yeah i noticed with Bubble shield you're pretty much OP for a limited time.

Moondrop

Banned
Yeah i noticed with Bubble shield you're pretty much OP for a limited time.
Absolutely, but note that with the Bubbler you receive increased knockback, so smart foes with a decent rate of fire will simply push you out of range. Or more hilariously push you into the abyss to your death.

Speaking of hilarious splats, it doesn't get much better than disrupting someone as they're attempting a Mahi Mahi jump, as I did yesterday. But I was on the receiving end today when someone apparently threw a suction bomb directly into my splash wall, detonating it, and I was somehow caught in the explosion.

Sorry for dumb question, but can anyone tell me what time the splatfest is in CST/Central time? Reason I ask is because ingame it says 12AM tonight, but in the previous splatfests its always said 11PM and its always has been right for my timezone. Did they just start doing them an hour later for some reason or did my game glitch out give me incorrect info?

Considering I always strive for Queen I wanna start asap.

Geg

Yeah it'll be midnight for central time. It's an hour later than usual probably because the splatfest is happening simultaneously for all regions

Also the results will be showed 10hrs after splatfests end, unlike normal 1hr.

Anyway, Splatoon server will be splatted in
t1455915600z0.png

Yeah it'll be midnight for central time. It's an hour later than usual probably because the splatfest is happening simultaneously for all regions
Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks! I'm AbbyVamp so hope to see yall. I play alot (171 hours atm) but never post here. XD.

L95

Oh, hm.1AM... I'll start splatfests at midnight sometimes but I need to start sleeping like a normal person lol

Blues1990

I'm currently contacting Nintendo Support to help me with my problem, so here's hoping I can get back onto the Blue Team for today's Splatfest.

EDIT: Welp. There's no way they can reset it for me, so I'm stuck on the Red Team, despite voting for Pokemon Blue when the Splatfest voting booth went live.

Moondrop

Banned
abd and I just tested Ninja Squid with chargers. My results were that it absolutely does prevent the targeting reticle from changing while hiding.

Thank you so much, fellow squid scientist!

I'm not saying this makes Ninja Squid viable, but it's certainly interesting and notable.

ChrisD

I forgot the Fest was tonight/tomorrow. Waking up four hours early, playing the new Fire Emblem, playing with friends, my mind was occupied all day. Not a BAD thing, but I'm probably going to miss out on the one time Marie finally wins again. D:

Hackworth

So like, does Splatoon change the ranking system for Splatfests? I keep getting the highest personal scores I've ever gotten on the available maps, but I'm on an eight game loss streak and I want an excuse to blame my teammates.

atr0cious

So like, does Splatoon change the ranking system for Splatfests? I keep getting the highest personal scores I've ever gotten on the available maps, but I'm on an eight game loss streak and I want an excuse to blame my teammates.
Half you teammates think killing will win the game. Blame away.

abd

Does any Charger users find the 1 Minute Remaining warning bothersome? It has never bothered me when I use a shooter or roller, but tonight I am finding it in the way.

Geg

The 1 minute remaining thing showing up in the middle of the screen has always bothered me, though I'm not a charger

Well, that was actually really fun.

Didn't have any huge losing streaks and paired up with some great teams. Didn't have many one-sided matches, except the ones where a teammate would disconnect mid-match or the team got overwhelmed. Even managed to win a 3v4 match. Most of my losses were by one percent, so the matches were pretty close.

Top Bottom