• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell 3: Best Xbox texture mapping ever?

Rhindle

I think so ...

24982.jpg

24989.jpg

24996.jpg

25002.jpg

25003.jpg

25017.jpg

25012.jpg

25005.jpg

Lots more here: http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/5654/

Looks pretty good but to me the games lighting is the show piece. Now a game like Conker,thats some of ther best texturing around.

conker-live-and-reloaded-200405110218323.jpg

jedimike

One of the few new series of games that I'm addicted too. Congrats to Ubi... definitely pumpin out those graphics.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
It looks quite impressive. Moreso than any other Box title excluding Halo 2. Although these pics are doctored (& look identical to the PC captures) it does easily showcase the best texture mapping thus seen on the Box.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They look like the PC version to me, just because they have the same HUD, and Ubi seems to like changing the huds on its different platforms.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Insertia said:
Are we sure these aren't from the PC version?
Considering how blurry the HUD looks it's certainly the PC version. But the Xbox screens from Gameinformer had the exact same HUD :
SCCT-5.jpg

tenchir

Blimblim said:
Considering how blurry the HUD looks it's certainly the PC version. But the Xbox screens from Gameinformer had the exact same HUD :
SCCT-5.jpg

It is possible that GI is also using PC version of the game as XBOX screenshots. I haven't seen the GI screens to be sure though.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
tenchir said:
It is possible that GI is also using PC version of the game as XBOX screenshots. I haven't seen the GI screens to be sure though.
Nah, they especially said that the Xbox version would have a green border (see the scan) and the PC one a yellow border (none on that page).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
T-1000_Model3 said:
Looks pretty good but to me the games lighting is the show piece. Now a game like Conker,thats some of ther best texturing around.

conker-live-and-reloaded-200405110218323.jpg

this is a joke right.

I was going to say these don't look as good as the PC version pics I remember.... But then again, they look way too anti-aliased for something that's outputted for 640x480. XBox version would be busy doing all the new FXs todo any AA routines.....

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Playable XB Splinter Cell 3 will be at Game Convention(19 August) btw.

I think some of the screens are from Game Informer xbox preview.

Phoenix

Shogmaster said:
I was going to say these don't look as good as the PC version pics I remember.... But then again, they look way too anti-aliased for something that's outputted for 640x480. XBox version would be busy doing all the new FXs todo any AA routines.....

That's what I was looking at. The images look way too sharp and AA to be Xbox - though if the gameplay is slow enough (and it isn't in this case) you could certainly use the extra time to reblend the frame buffer a few times.

BuddyC

m0dus said:
erm--actually, I'm pretty sure both are slated for x-mas 04, yo...
I'm just repeating what I heard at E3. Judging from a bit of research though, it's fair to say I was wrong.

Fatalah

Fatalah appreciates your liking of Conker, but he still finds Conker's textures to be "bended" and "stretched" out. With Splinter, Fatalah notices that every little tile on the floor is detailed and not bended nor stretched. Conker still has some N64-Blurring issues says Fatalah.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
LOL. There's no way that's a Geforce 3 running. It has to be running on decent PC hardware.

teh_pwn said:
LOL. There's no way that's a Geforce 3 running. It has to be running on decent PC hardware.

Technically, XBox has a GF4 Ti 4200 without local memory. GF4Ti = 2X vertex shader of GF3 Ti.

Regardless, yeah, those look like PC shots.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The textures are of a high quality, but within each scene there doesn't appear to be too much variety (lots of repetition in tiling, flooring, walls etc.). That's possibly how those that are there look so good,

Top Bottom