• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I will have this game in a week or so. Was interested in the E3 promo for Blacklisted. Never played a SC game before.

SMH. Part of the problem. etc. etc. etc.

I implore you: Please play SC/PT/CT/DA X-box before this and then weep at this and Blacklist.

malfcn

Looks like I won't get it. I had a coupon, talked to a CS..tell told me they would take care of it. Now they want $20 for this game. And that if I want to return it I have to drive 20 miles, and shipping isn't refundable.

malfcn

Looks like I won't get it. I had a coupon, talked to a CS..tell told me they would take care of it. Now they want $20 for this game. And that if I want to return it I have to drive 20 miles, and shipping isn't refundable.

Now I think I may still be getting it? Played the demo. Was kind of cool, but too short.

Well, they cancelled my order after they told me they were sending it out. No wonder Kmart is going down.

Fry

Got this yesterday for 19.99. Started on realistic, loving it already. Great graphics, and the gameplay is delicious.

I admit I went with really low expectations, but nevertheless, it looks like it'll be a great ride.

Fry

It hasn't been such a great ride. :(The game started off very exciting, but I'm halfway through and sometimes I just want to turn off the console out of boredom.

It's a good stealth game, though nothing comparable to the previous games. But when it demands you to go Rambo on your enemies asses, you realise how average this is.

panty

OMG I bought it in the steam sale for 3 euro and I fear it's a total fluke isn't it? The PC performance alone is horrible.

My friend and I both bought this and the co-op is dead, it doesn't work. "Server is not available" and what it seems people have been having this exact problem for two years now.

Ports are open, every other game works just fine so the problem here is UBISOFT. We bought this to play co-op but we should've known, Ubisoft is still shit.

Do not buy this.

malfcn

Meh. Got it through Blockbuster. Didn't think it was that great. Some of the music was cool. The execution system is broken, being able to execute people through geometry if the indicator was red when started.

I don't know the series or universe, but I thought the story was kind of chaotic. A bad habit is playing games during exhaustion, so that may have been it. I'd say it was like a 7. Not bad enough to put down, but glad I never bought it.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead.

Recently re-installed this since getting my new PC, brute force power finally runs this game as it should :) Single player is smooth as butter, however multiplayer is another story .....

The frame rate seems to jump around like crazy, seemingly 15-30 FPS depending no how it feels. I get the feeling its down to my co-op players system having an affect on things, such as if it runs like shit for them, it tries to match it on my system to keep everything in time.

Does anyone know if this is the case ? Or is it just borked ?

Top Bottom