• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy |OT| "You bought the wrong collection!"

Cudder

6184069502_9a1f860198_b.jpg

Go.

I know I'm not the only one who skipped on over the ICO/SOTC collection to get some hardcore stealth gaming in. Discuss.

Cudder

BlazingDarkness said:
Thread title + Broken Image in OP + First post with the word 'tittle' = lol
Image is broken in the OP? lol it's not like that for me! Can someone else confirm?

YOU FIEND!

Look I absolutely love SOTC, but I was more in the mood for some stealth action!

I actually wanted to just get Chaos Theory as the only version I've played was on PS2 (lol). I remember being SO incredibly disappointed I couldn't play the superior version, but alas, I stuck with the PS2 version and played it through like 20 times!

I so wanted to just skip right so CT in the collection, but decided I better play the other ones too or I won't want to go back after playing it!

Jigsaw

Banned
i will pick this up but it's a shame that the superior version of double agent isn't included

how did the ports turn out btw?i've read something about missing lighting effects in splinter cell 1 when it was released on psn

I was thinking of making a joke OP because of the lack of one.

I heard the reviews about the handling of the first two, but i cant help myself. I fucking loved all 3 of these and now i get three platinums? Fuck yes.

Mr_Moogle

Can I ask peeps is Splinter Cell 2 any good? I played the first one which is awesome and Chaos Theory blew my skull but I never got around to playing the second one.

Ordered it yesterday because it was only £16 at thehut.co.uk. At that price I figured why not, it's half the PSN price (for all three). Even if I do end up putting them behind a few others in the backlog, I'll get around to them eventually.

Mr_Moogle said:
Can I ask peeps is Splinter Cell 2 any good? I played the first one which is awesome and Chaos Theory blew my skull but I never got around to playing the second one.

It's also good. Its the consensus least favorite of the three (i think), but 1-3 are still pretty much god tier gaming.

Troidal

LOL at the thread title.

So is that simply a joke, or is the HD conversion not so good? Cuz I wouldnt be surprised if it was bad if Prince of Persia was any indication...

God I miss playing the first 3, but I imagine it plays a bit too archaic compared to more recent games.

Sec0nd

I would kill for this on my Xbox. I've got a PS3 but I really want to play this on the xbox on which I played all the Splinter Cell games :(

Troidal said:
LOL at the thread title.

So is that simply a joke, or is the HD conversion not so good? Cuz I wouldnt be surprised if it was bad if Prince of Persia was any indication...

God I miss playing the first 3, but I imagine it plays a bit too archaic compared to more recent games.

Its fine. Its literally the originals in HD, with no extra fluff.

And you are right about the archaic bit. Going back to the less evolved mechanics takes getting use to. Luckily, i heard Chaos Theory hold us the best port and design wise, which it seems obvious and is great to hear none the less.

When I played the first game for the first time, I think my old 22" tube had gamma problems. I never needed to use the night vision because I could see everything in the dark areas even without them, it made the game easy.

I will get this collection eventually, but not until I clear more of my backlog.

Top Bottom