• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

But the point in this game is that Monokuma is trying to have them get killed off as quickly as possible so as to spring a trap on Kirigiri, Togami, and Naegi. The best way to do that is manipulation - he intended Fuyuhiko or Peko to kill, he intended basically anyone to kill in Chapter 3, etc. It's definitely different, but it's not like it's contradictory or anything. More than anything Monokuma could have done, manipulating the situation as much as he did is what suits his goals, while he did not really do much at all to manipulate the situation of the first game because the goal was for them to die, and he expected it would happen one way or another. And in fact, he did manipulate it in the first game - Mukuro gets killed, and Sakura was supposed to kill under orders of Monokuma to get the ball rolling if need be.
Yeah I can understand that Hunko was in a hurry to kill them. I was wondering if she could just have made them remember their Ultimate Despair selves and then easily kill faster, but then Makoto and the others probably wouldn't come. Technically, not killing Mukuro was against the rules. That's why Akane was about to be killed in Chapter 3. And yeah I can understand Sakura. But anyways, like I said before, I can understand why Monokuma arranged those motives and situations, but even then my point was that those lessens the game's quality (from my opinion), even if they make sense.
I just thought he was a really shallow character. 'I am a demon, I have hamsters'. That's it.
You could talk like that about almost any of the other characters.
Persona Q meets DanganRonpa

Need a Nico Nico account though. Easy to create.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

brb creating a Nico account to watch it
The play is about 3 hours long, lol
Huh, pretty interesting stuff.
My favourite character was easily Mahiru, I really appreciated how relatively normal she was and how much heart she had. The writers really hit a home run with her.
Awesome that you finished it! Glad that the best girl
along with Sonia
ended up being your favorite.

Caladrius

Yeah and the next step is talking about how Hinata is also the Ultimate Everything

image.php

Actually, where is that from?

Yeah I can understand that Hunko was in a hurry to kill them. I was wondering if she could just have made them remember their Ultimate Despair selves and then easily kill faster, but then Makoto and the others probably wouldn't come. Technically, not killing Mukuro was against the rules. That's why Akane was about to be killed in Chapter 3. And yeah I can understand Sakura. But anyways, like I said before, I can understand why Monokuma arranged those motives and situations, but even then my point was that those lessens the game's quality (from my opinion), even if they make sense.

Fair enough

You could talk like that about almost any of the other characters.

Precisely. Every character seems like a goofy shit until they get more attention in the story and from the player.

Fair enough

Precisely. Every character seems like a goofy shit until they get more attention in the story and from the player.
lol I wrote "Hunko"

Yeah that kinda sucks in a way because, if you don't like a character, you won't want to try to do their FTEs and thus you'll stay with the same opinion of them. (Though there's a possibility that you would still not like them after that.)

lol I wrote "Hunko"

Yeah that kinda sucks in a way because, if you don't like a character, you won't want to try to do their FTEs and thus you'll stay with the same opinion of them. (Though there's a possibility that you would still not like them after that.)

The randomness of the Monomono Machine really helped me with that. I started a lot of FTEs with characters I didn't plan to at the outset because I got the perfect present for them by random chance.

FluxWaveZ

Well, in reality, it was lines of code.

Speaking of which, that's some pretty advanced simulated VR the Future Foundation came up with, with the characters' avatars needing food and sleep for sustenance, as though they were in the real world. A bit weird.

LX_Theo

Banned

Speaking of which, that's some pretty advanced simulated VR the Future Foundation came up with, with the characters' avatars needing food and sleep for sustenance, as though they were in the real world. A bit weird.

If a lie is a believable lie, it can become reality. Sort of the go to when considering how everything involving the actual cast worked, I believe.

FluxWaveZ

If a lie is a believable lie, it can become reality. Sort of the go to when considering how everything involving the actual cast worked, I believe.

Well, in this case it's more about physiological effects and not psychological ones, which is what the purpose of the VR was for. Whether one believes they have to eat or not, that wouldn't impact whether it was actually necessary or not, unless the lie was so acute that a placebo effect so significant would take place that it could lead to one's demise. Then again, I guess it's never really shown that one can actually die of hunger inside the VR.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, in this case it's more about physiological effects and not psychological ones, which is what the purpose of the VR was for. Whether one believes they have to eat or not, that wouldn't impact whether it was actually necessary or not, unless the lie was so acute that a placebo effect so significant would take place that it could lead to one's demise. Then again, I guess it's never really shown that one can actually die of hunger inside the VR.

Well, I feel it'd work on the same principal of dying. They'd probably believe they're getting weaker/hungry and proceed to feel as they do despite their actual bodies not needing as much. Hunger and weakness, while caused by physical means, is still something you experience psychologically. If they die from it, it happens in the same way as other deaths.

PK Gaming

I wonder how their actual bodies were maintained.

If time progresses in the game world at the same rate as the real world, then that would mean their bodies would require sustenance, right? Since they were in the VR world for a prolonged period of time.

Each of the students would require a catheter and an IV drip + bedside (err, podside) care.

i still haven't done the FTEs of any of the guys, maybe i should get on that
So you haven't hung out with them yet?
Tamagotchi-ception?

Also, everyone had their own e-Handbook, right? So does that means everyone their own pet too?
I missed an "had" there, dammit.
I maded a Danganronpa thing that's not about wrestling.

Alpaca Gundham
That's pretty awesome! I still remember the Kirigiri one.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished reading Danganronpa/Zero and wow. After reading Danganronpa IF and finding it to have pretty terrible writing and an overall story, I wasn't too sure about this prequel novel going into it, but it's actually fantastic. Not only does it do a good job of filling out some of the background behind Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2, but it definitely has one of the best twists in the series. Didn't see that one coming at all, especially since I felt the novel to be plodding at times, but even some of the most minor details are used for foreshadowing and it all pays off magnificently in the end. I was impressed, since I wasn't expecting much. I'm actually surprised I wasn't spoiled on this one, seeing how crazy it is and, now that I've finished the novel, it's pretty easy to come across by searching.

It's made me anticipate Danganronpa: AE more. I wasn't really expecting much from a story that's not a "main game", but if they could pull that awesomeness with a prequel novel, I want to find out if the spin-off game could do the same. It probably won't happen, but I'd love an official localization of Danganronpa/Zero.

Also (potential DR/Zero spoilers):
It actually made me appreciate
Junko
more as a character, after DR2 had made me somewhat tired of her.

DaBoss

Yea, IF is just a fan-fiction, basically. You just want to read some portions of it. Everybody has to read Zero. It has an interesting story with a perspective of life in Hope's Peak before DR1.

I have not read IF (hopefully one of the things I have not spoiled for myself yet before I get a chance to buy myself a Vita) but I read DR0. I liked Ryouko a lot. She's so innocent and cherful ^w^

Just finished reading Danganronpa/Zero and wow. After reading Danganronpa IF and finding it to have pretty terrible writing and an overall story, I wasn't too sure about this prequel novel going into it, but it's actually fantastic. Not only does it do a good job of filling out some of the background behind Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2, but it definitely has one of the best twists in the series. Didn't see that one coming at all, especially since I felt the novel to be plodding at times, but even some of the most minor details are used for foreshadowing and it all pays off magnificently in the end. I was impressed, since I wasn't expecting much. I'm actually surprised I wasn't spoiled on this one, seeing how crazy it is and, now that I've finished the novel, it's pretty easy to come across by searching.

It's made me anticipate Danganronpa: AE more. I wasn't really expecting much from a story that's not a "main game", but if they could pull that awesomeness with a prequel novel, I want to find out if the spin-off game could do the same. It probably won't happen, but I'd love an official localization of Danganronpa/Zero.

Also (potential DR/Zero spoilers):
It actually made me appreciate
Junko
more as a character, after DR2 had made me somewhat tired of her.

Yeah, Zero was better than expected. Honestly, it would've been great if it had come out before DR2 like in Japan. Even if only so that it'd still have the mystery of "who the fuck is Izuru Kamakura" when you read it before going into 2.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, Zero was better than expected. Honestly, it would've been great if it had come out before DR2 like in Japan. Even if only so that it'd still have the mystery of "who the fuck is Izuru Kamakura" when you read it before going into 2.

The twist of Hajime being Izuru would definitely have been crazier if one read DR/Zero before playing DR2. The novel gives more context as to the character's significance, so yeah, I agree.

FluxWaveZ

Based Narita.

It could easily be an issue with the translation. Or maybe its just his writing style that people aren't used to.

I didn't like the plot, either. IF was just lame all-around, even though I had initially thought a what-if story like that could be neat.

DaBoss

It's an extended version of a Mukuro x Naegi fanfic that I could find in fanfiction.net, so no.
That part was cringe-y (and so were other parts due to writing), but I thought it was cool that Mukuro betrayed Junko and went all badass and I thought the idea that people trust Makoto due to memories was nice. They could have definitely done it a lot better though.

Top Bottom