• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy ranted about the loli in the X men thread aswell, it was linked that the story arc being adapted had the same characters and nothing to do with "loli quota's". He still kept going after this and only stopped once Duckroll told him to STFU.

JKTrix

So 7 of the 9 Love Stories involved some form of cuckoldry, and I think all of the 'episode' titles were references to English songs. Some of those English songs (like the Beatles' "I Want To Hold Your Hand") actually play in the show itself.

In all I liked it. It was nice and brief, had some good old fashioned hand drawn animation in spots, and was generally adult in tone as well. They all followed a similar story structure, but I guess there's only so much one guy can do with 9 stories that are about 10 minutes long each.

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
No it isn't, unless the middle-schooler in question is sexualized. As far as i know, the character in question isn't.

its more like
if they look of age
rather than the number representing fictional age
for example yoko looks a lot older than the girls from lucky star

you cant just be like "its ok, shes actually hundreds of years old" if they look like a preschooler :)

JKTrix

Uchip said:
its more like
if they look of age
rather than the number representing fictional age
for example yoko looks a lot older than the girls from lucky star

you cant just be like "its ok, shes actually hundreds of years old" if they look like a preschooler :)
This, too, is Tezuka's fault.

flawfuls

JKTrix said:
So 7 of the 9 Love Stories involved some form of cuckoldry, and I think all of the 'episode' titles were references to English songs. Some of those English songs (like the Beatles' "I Want To Hold Your Hand") actually play in the show itself.

In all I liked it. It was nice and brief, had some good old fashioned hand drawn animation in spots, and was generally adult in tone as well. They all followed a similar story structure, but I guess there's only so much one guy can do with 9 stories that are about 10 minutes long each.

I was watching this as well though I haven't finished it yet, but you've said pretty much all I would have said. That hand drawn animation was really refreshing. When was the last time they have made a car chase scene that nice that wasn't CG. Damn you Initial D.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
yes but this is an anime thread
and chances are people want to bone them
So? Chances are there's someone out there that wants to bone Tony Tony Chopper. The existence of I9 doesn't really matter. It's not like you really care, do you? I mean, you're able to look past the blatant symmetrical docking in that Madoka OP.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
So? Chances are there's someone out there that wants to bone Tony Tony Chopper. The existence of I9 doesn't really matter. It's not like you really care, do you? I mean, you're able to look past the blatant symmetrical docking in that Madoka OP.

so im obviously referring to anime fans and not the rest of the world
you tell the average joe you are attracted to lolies theyre gonna think you fuck chocolate bars

I skipped the op every time :)
seemed like it was made for a different show entirely

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
loli x-men would have probably been watchable.
XuxHV.jpg

hellclerk

Uchip said:
so im obviously referring to anime fans and not the rest of the world
you tell the average joe you are attracted to lolies theyre gonna think you fuck chocolate bars

I skipped the op every time :)
seemed like it was made for a different show entirely
Well duh, but what I'm saying is that lolicons are a minority of anime fans. Most people just don't give a shit, and you making a big deal about it is like Murderface making a big deal about how hot dogs are shaped like dicks. Makes you wonder sometimes...

Also, I liked the Madoka OP (and ED). Good music, even if the OP felt kinda standard BS.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
Well duh, but what I'm saying is that lolicons are a minority of anime fans. Most people just don't give a shit, and you making a big deal about it is like Murderface making a big deal about how hot dogs are shaped like dicks. Makes you wonder sometimes...

Also, I liked the Madoka OP (and ED). Good music, even if the OP felt kinda standard BS.

ok i lold
but im not making a big deal
ive never really had a chance to question this and it totally is NOT the minority

You make a big deal about things too you know :)
its like this was you
a-clockwork-orange-2.jpg
being forced to watch the 4kidz version of One Piece and so whimsical anime can never go without literary scrutiny

Silh

Tiger & Bunny 1-4
Decided to start this up today and now I'm asking myself why it wasn't my most anticipated this season. As a person who prefers to marathon series, I would have been bothered (in a good way) by how quickly the first episode flew by had I begun watching this when it came out. The pacing is really good throughout and does a good job of keeping me hooked. The last time I felt this way was with Eden of the East. Now that I'm on board, I am eagerly waiting for episode five.

Moshidora 1
Speaking of my most anticipated, here it is. Finally. Now that it's here though I feel like I made the mistake of watching it after T&B. I don't have so much to say about it other than I like it enough to stay tuned. The payoff will be somewhere down the road, I know it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doomed is like firehawk though, it' shis job to make a big deal of things. He studies the art of making a big deal of inconsequential things.

hellclerk

Uchip said:
ok i lold
ive never really had a chance to question this and it totally is NOT the minority

its like this was you clockwork-orange.jpg[IMG] being forced to watch the 4kidz version of One Piece and so whimsical anime can never go without literary scrutiny[/QUOTE]
Consider the circumstances behind my tag, pal. The anime consumer base is MUCH larger than the lolicon niche. In fact, I'd even say the lolicon niche is probably tiny relative to all the other sexualization niches out there. Is there some crossover? Possibly, but that crossover isn't really interested in the loli aspect so much as they are in the other crossover aspects.

Also, I look into stuff because that's what I'm planning on doing with my career, media analysis and production. Only reason I mentioned Metalocalypse was I saw that episode earlier today. It's a really funny show. Here's the clip I'm talking about: [URL="http://youtu.be/OHJSINPuOBU"]http://youtu.be/OHJSINPuOBU[/URL]

And I'd eat a hot dog... just put'n that out there...

[QUOTE=Halycon]Doomed is like firehawk though, it's his job to make a big deal of things. He [I]studies[/I] the art of making a big deal of inconsequential things.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much!

JKTrix

Silh said:
Moshidora
The payoff will be somewhere down the road, I know it.
More like next week--the show ends next week!

There are 10 episodes, 1 episode every week day for 2 weeks. The 10th/last episode will be next Friday.

Silh

Very nice. I was actually wondering why someone was already talking about the second episode earlier, haha. I'll get to that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hellsing321 said:
OreImo 14
Kuroneko is really bad at making games. And writing. And apparently anything that isn't playing games or sewing.
So when she won, she road on the coattails of nii-san and yaoi girl?!

zeroshiki

Oh god Uchip is at it again, please lets all ignore him.

His posts read like haikus and are completely devoid of rational thought anyway.

Enron

Banned
zeroshiki said:
Oh god Uchip is at it again, please lets all ignore him.

His posts read like haikus and are completely devoid of rational thought anyway.

Well, he's right about one thing. You lolicons are freaks!

Haly

Haikus tend to raise
The level of discourse
A test of terseness

Haly

Why limit yourself
break free from the conventions
of five seven five

Joule

Moshidora 2: Well it was more interesting episode than the first now that the team is expressing their concerns and such. Still very blandly animated but eh. I agree with flawfuls on the hymn bgm that pops up when Minami reads the management bible. When the coach talks I can't help but think of the teacher/narrator in BakaTest.

Showa Monogatari 1: That wasn't bad. It does bring up a sense of nostalgia though it's not something I've experienced (at least not exactly the same thing). I think I'll continue with it.

Maria†Holic Alive 3: A funny episode for the most part. Kanako's ridiculous doings were amusing. Sachi really does have everything on hand. I'm quite enjoying Father Kanae's segments in the end and well pretty much every scene he's in. God's intro was the usual God D:

Fireball Charming 3: The best comedy of the season. Drossel's mantle adorned swagger <3

OreImo Special 3: Akagi's full on homo dungeon crawler. I'm in. It was a okay episode with some fairly raunchy audio. Masamune's hilt : ( Kuroneko is still pretty good. She should of made a shmup.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
Different strokes for everyone then I guess. I don't see how having a semblance of a plot and/or characterization is useless when it complements arousal for those who seek it. If you only want to see two people bang each other and nothing more, that's fine. But like I said earlier, some people want more than a Victoria's secret catalogue or a sexual object, which is why the role-playing and romance is there for titillation.

Uchip said:
ok i lold

its like this was you http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oxbuA5BxE...1c/MOTRd8o_EbQ/s1600/a-clockwork-orange-2.jpg being forced to watch the 4kidz version of One Piece and so whimsical anime can never go without literary scrutiny
Wait, are you implying a sizable amount of anime fans are lolicons? That's getting into moe = loli levels of ridiculousness.

zeroshiki

Look guys, Uchip thinks all anime outside One Piece or Madoka, I guess, suck. We are all deviants and he's the only correct voice in the sea of depravity.

Haly

zeroshiki said:
Look guys, Uchip thinks all anime outside One Piece or Madoka, I guess, suck. We are all deviants and he's the only correct voice in the sea of depravity.
We are pretty depraved.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
Consider the circumstances behind my tag, pal. The anime consumer base is MUCH larger than the lolicon niche. In fact, I'd even say the lolicon niche is probably tiny relative to all the other sexualization niches out there. Is there some crossover? Possibly, but that crossover isn't really interested in the loli aspect so much as they are in the other crossover aspects.

Also, I look into stuff because that's what I'm planning on doing with my career, media analysis and production. Only reason I mentioned Metalocalypse was I saw that episode earlier today. It's a really funny show. Here's the clip I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/OHJSINPuOBU

And I'd eat a hot dog... just put'n that out there...

Pretty much!

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
but I think i know the part you are linking me

Uchip

Banned
zeroshiki said:

I rated One Piece a 7 I believe
its not even top10
just keep assuming though because it is entertaining

Haly

In my mind, there is an porch overlooking a garden in spring bloom. An old man in a kimono sits with a bowl of tea in his hand, reading all of Uchip's posts.

Uchip

Banned
Halycon said:
In my mind, there is an porch overlooking a garden in spring bloom. An old man in a kimono sits with a bowl of tea in his hand, reading all of Uchip's posts.

I used to post on a 14" screen :(
but ill keep this habit just for you guys
third line is always the closing statement

Kind of feels weird to say, but I'm really loving Kuragehime! I'm not the type that typically says things like this but, &#21487;&#24859;&#12356;&#12391;&#12375;&#12423;&#12358;&#65311;

Dresden

Dance In My Blood said:
The American Misadventures of Kirino.
Apparently she's all depressed and shit in America because no one likes her.

Fuck yeah, Americans not willing to deal with her bullshit. I hope she kills herself. It won't happen but a man can dream.

cosmicblizzard said:
Huh, that sucks. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom