• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Denpa Onna 5. MC is shameless. I love it. I was worried when they
started cutting her hair
. Nearly had a heart attack. Glad to see nothing actually happened.

Dynedom

Hot damn am I loving Cross Game. This may be one of my favorite series ever if it keeps up the quality.

I don't even like baseball (but for some reason, I've always loved baseball movies haha).

jman2050

Hidan no Aria 5

JC Staff clearly does not care. In the least. Show continues to be bad bad bad bad baaaaad.

It did have one amazing scene though that I absolutely must show once I find a GIF for it.

Izayoi

Banned
Ao no Exorcist 4. Nice to finally get a girl in the mix. Kana Hanazawa is just in everything, isn't she? MC is as bro as ever.

Branduil

I didn't notice this before, but the review of Monster on amazon is absolutely terrible.

The experiences of Dr. Kenzo Tenma, the hero of the mystery-adventure Monster (2004), prove the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished. A brilliant young Japanese surgeon working in Germany, Tenma defies his superiors to save the life of Johan, a boy with a bullet lodged in his brain. But he soon learns that the boy possesses both the power to bend others to his will and an icy disregard for human life. Tenma follows Johan's murderous career back to an orphanage in the former East Germany, where psychological experiments were performed on the children. The reptilian inspector Lunge believes Tenma is responsible for the murders and pursues him relentlessly, essentially playing Javert to Tenma's Jean Valjean. Countless anime series have focused on murderers created by misguided scientific experiments, but Monster plays like a prolonged soap opera. Everywhere Tenma goes, he meets traumatized children, unhappy adults, and strangers in need of emergency medical care. Although he stops to help everyone, he somehow stays one step ahead of Lunge. Director Masayuki Kojima's leaden pacing robs the story of the suspense it should generate. The flow of the narrative is further impeded by the endless nattering and unnecessary flashbacks. More skillful filmmakers could present the same material in half as many episodes and make it compelling. It's not clear why Monster bears a "parental advisory: explicit content" sticker. Although its suggestions of child abuse and neo-Nazi imagery reflect a regrettable lack of taste, it's far less violent than Elfen Lied, Gunslinger Girl, and other titles. (Rated M: Mature: violence, violence against children, alcohol and tobacco use, Nazi imagery) --Charles Solomon

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
[C] 5 - From episode 3 and onwards and past the first two mediocre episodes, the show seems to be getting better and better, really don't think it compares to nakamura previous efforts mostly due to the lol ugly art direction, but this is pretty entertaining and awesome to watch because it's basically economics + yu-gi-oh lulz.

Can't wait to watch the next episode, really.

flawfuls

Denpa 5

I see the girl has switched from batshit crazy retard moe to the intellect of a six year old retard moe. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

zeroshiki

Dynedom said:
Hot damn am I loving Cross Game. This may be one of my favorite series ever if it keeps up the quality.

I don't even like baseball (but for some reason, I've always loved baseball movies haha).

Cross Game kinda coasts after the initial shocking event. After that, its generic baseball romcom (without the baseball! damn you anime people). There's never any doubt who ends up with whom tbh.

Its one of my favorite series though. There's nothing wrong with a play by the numbers series. I'm such a sucker for Adachi.

Branduil

Ano Hana 4

The twist is that
Jintan actually murdered Menma. And he's planning to do it to the rest of them.

Jintan really doesn't appreciate the awesomeness of having a personal ghost. I'd be using her to pull epic pranks.

Tsuruko, like a boss.

trejo

Blue Exorcist 4

I liked the younger brother a lot better in the first episode. Sure, he was just a checklist of "awesome" traits back then too but at least he wasn't a douche.

And damn, Nessa's in everything this season.

Denpa 5

Meme's in a futon now? Well I guess everyone deals with mid-life crises differently. Licking your nephew's leg also seems to be popular now. Also, what's this about cocaine and heroin?

Anyone else notice Makoto was wearing a Pray for Japan shirt?

Izayoi

Banned
Steins;Gate 6. Whole lot of nothing this episode. Expanding on stuff we already know, really. The OP is still worth watching the episode for, though. I hope next episode picks back up and we learn some new stuff. I really want to see how this all ends.

trejo said:
Blue Exorcist 4

I liked the younger brother a lot better in the first episode. Sure, he was just a checklist of "awesome" traits back then too but at least he wasn't a douche.

And damn, Nessa's in everything this season.

I liked him in Episode 3, that gunfire.

Rin's faces just never get old. Definitely love the art design.
tumblr_lkzga8EcQK1qbs05mo1_500.png

Jex

Angry Grimace said:
Strange that his female friends all grew up to fit within obvious anime archetypes; a loli, a tsundere and a kuudere.

Well okay, one of them didn't.
Well done.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I can't trust the opinions of people who say Madoka isn't good. Actually, I don't think I can trust those people at all....... >___>

Anyways, starting Ano Hana... let's see where this goes~

Articalys

jman2050 said:
Denpa Onna 5

HNNNG: The Anime

KyoAni ain't got nothing on this.
Agreed and verified. Best show this season without a doubt.
I reeeeeeeally want that song from when they were biking past the baseball game.
"Licklicklicklickslurplickylicky +1000000": and she's really supposed to be 40? Ai Nonaka must be having a field day with this.

Hellsing321 said:
MMD is an amazing program sometimes.

trejo

Angel Cop 6

A disappointment after the previous ep and the ending was fully retarded but it did give us the banana quote so all is forgiven.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Angel Cop 4-6 - To much talking, not enough action, but hey episode 5 at least had some genuinely awesome action sequences!

The ending was a total troll though, those damn terrorists!

Angel Cop 5-6

Missed out on some of the show, but I managed to be in time to catch the superior Japanese technology. Sadly, even Japanese technology cannot defeated the communists. Truth, justice, and the Amer-er-Japanese way are the true losers.

Steroyd

Hidan no Aria - 05

Incredible, absolutely incredible, it manages to top the last episode in a mere few minutes from the start, then nosedives into the deep dark abyss of pure shite.

Angel Cop

Fuck and Piss.

Articalys

Ano Hana 5

That was also pretty good. Nice acting by Takahiro Sakurai in the opening bit, who up until this point I did not know was the voice of Cloud Strife.
Anaru really needs to ditch those 'friends' of hers.
"Saving a girl who's being taken advantage of by a man... that must have been the most stereotypical event of my life."
Still don't know what's up with Tsuruko though.

^ Yeah, as soon as she did that my first thought was the Shaft tilt as well.

jman2050

Articalys said:
Agreed and verified. Best show this season without a doubt.
I reeeeeeeally want that song from when they were biking past the baseball game.
"Licklicklicklickslurplickylicky +1000000": and she's really supposed to be 40? Ai Nonaka must be having a field day with this.

Team Denpa is growing in number!

But no seriously that episode was awesome in so many ways. Dem twintails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom