• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Articalys said:
I almost feel like this phrase is a summation of a large number of the Spring 2011 shows. Well, the ones that have ended so far, at least.

Same here, promising shows with a limp ending... well there were hints of the shows waning towards the end.

jman2050 said:
I look forward to HanaIro's turn in this respect.

Hell at this rate the second half of Steins;Gate is going to be a major dud.

Surely we can retcon those 2 as summer shows, Denpa has no luxury lol.

Although I wonder what this means for shows like Hidan no Aria which has been trash since the PV's. o_O

bathala

Banned
finally caught up with the recent episode. The beginning was hard to follow, but over all I like the anime.
With the recent episode. I wonder if time leap is go

trejo

I've been slowly making my way through Gosick, against my better judgment. Honestly, it's not as bad as the first episode made it out to be but it's still not something I'd go out of my way to recommend to anyone. On episode 18 at the moment.

And really, the fact that both Victorique and her mom look like twelve year olds is nothing short of ridiculous.

Izayoi

Banned
Of course the Siberian girls are the best.

q63XN.png

Steroyd

jman2050 said:
But Denpa is still awesome!

And that is why it's already failed?

Sailormoon - 31

Tuxedo fat cat.

Zoicite screaming like a bitch.

Tuxedo Mask: Hi, yoink, BYE!

Gotta love this show.

Nah, Tiger and Bunnyis still going strong!

We can retcon that as a summer show.

Jex

Sai Mecha FINALE

Evangelion Unit-01 vs. Zaku II

Winner: Evangelion Unit-01.

Predictable? Yes. But it's still nice to hear people complain that Evangelion shouldn't even be in the competition because it's not robotic enough. Whatever.

Dresden said:
Lol, Ghibli.
Blu-ray
*1, 36,667 *36,667 Karigurashi no Arrietty
*2, *4,653 **4,653 Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Fusion Ultra! Bond Over Time and Space
*3, *2,339 **2,339 Asobi ni Iku yo! OVA Limited Edition
*4, *1,558 **1,558 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru vol.6
*5, **,627 *58,890 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.2 Limited Edition
*6, **,599 **1,798 Tiger & Bunny vol.1 Standard Edition
*7, **,464 *64,431 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*8, **,454 106,262 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*9, **,380 *26,704 Castle in the Sky
10, **,234 112,791 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.2
God Sunrise is so stupid for not printing more of the limited edition of Tiger and Bunny. There are people who pre-ordered who never got their copy.

Cwarrior

Ano Hana 11

Such a huge mix bag for me, good ending that ties up all the loose ends but done at the very last minute which could have been done better by doing it earlier(poppo backstory), but the show was too busy wasting time on angst love triangle crap. The goodbye overstayed it's welcome for me going from sad to turning stupid.

Music was very fitting and emotional(ending theme)

Katanagatari ep1

trollface.jpg

aagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh fucking ninjatroll

I came in expecting some sort of ninja/samurai action what I got was 58min of talking heads going on about how awesome there ninja skills are and any minute now they’re going to fight it out to the death. What I really got was just blue balls for action.

Articalys

Jexhius said:
Sai Mecha FINALE

Predictable? Yes. But it's still nice to hear people complain that Evangelion shouldn't even be in the competition because it's not robotic enough. Whatever.
Out of curiosity, did they ever report how many people ended up voting in the contest?

Instro

Jexhius said:
Sai Mecha FINALE

Meh, I lost interest after Big O was knocked out.

Branduil

Izayoi said:
Speaking of [C] crossovers, here's one for Madoka fans:

http://www.abload.de/img/tumblr_lmk0ibsd3b1qbwo6tot.jpg

I will agree on that. I thought the scene was rather well-done.

I really just wish that they
had skipped the whole daughter thing entirely
. Why bring it up at all if you're just going to throw it out the window in the end? Not complaining, I'm happy things ended up the way they did, but they didn't need to go and get me all distraught over it in the first place.
It turns out the world economy is driven by the creepy affection of Japanese business men for their family members. Who knew?

Izayoi

Banned
Branduil said:
It turns out the world economy is driven by the creepy affection of Japanese business men for their family members. Who knew?
Hahaha.

Also, suddenly men. What are these things doing in this show?

Instro

So now that C and Ano Hana are over, what should i catch up on? Tiger and Bunny, Steins Gate, Aria, or Dog Days? I've seen like 1 of each, except Steins which i watched up to episode 4 I think.

Articalys

Instro said:
So now that C and Ano Hana are over, what should i catch up on? Tiger and Bunny, Steins Gate, Aria, or Dog Days? I've seen like 1 of each, except Steins which i watched up to episode 4 I think.
Depends if you want action/bromance, mind screw, action/wtf, or action/fanservice.

Actually, I wouldn't know. I've only watched T&B out of those and based the rest on the reactions I've seen here. I do plan myself on catching up with Steins;Gate soon, though.

Steroyd

Instro said:

Tiger and Bunny & Steins Gate should be top of the list.

Hidan no Aria if you want to melt your brain from retardation.

trejo

Instro said:
All of the above. No, really.

On second thought, Dawg Dayz is safely skippable.

Instro said:
Tiger and Bunny!

Izayoi

Banned
Instro said:
T&B and Steins are a must, at the very least.

Yo, what the fuck at the "twist" in episode 8? Are you fucking me?

lol this show

iavi

Valkyria Chronicles 10-12

They are really amping the AliciaxFaldioxWelkin angst up. I knew that jealousy was going to play into Faldio's revised character, but they're not even being subtle about it. I also find it kind of funny that they cut the technician, from the game, that looked up to Isara, only to replace him with a lovey-dovey Ramal, who... I don't remember ever being in the game.

Jaeger, and Isara are still as awesome as ever, and when Selveria isn't lusting for some regal pipe, she's not as bad a character.

They made a ton of alterations to the narrative though.

Steroyd

Miri said:
Valkyria Chronicles 10-12

They are really amping the AliciaxFaldioxWelkin angst up. I knew that jealousy was going to play into Faldio's revised character, but they're not even being subtle about it. I also find it kind of funny that they cut the technician, from the game, that looked up to Isara, only to replace him with a lovey-dovey Ramal, who... I don't remember ever being in the game.

Jaeger, and Isara are still as awesome as ever, and when Selveria isn't lusting for some regal pipe, she's not as bad a character.

They made a ton of alterations to the narrative though.

How far into the game did you get to?

I ask this because the 2nd half of the anime is very loosely based on the game.

Instro

Steroyd said:
Tiger and Bunny & Steins Gate should be top of the list.

Hidan no Aria if you want to melt your brain from retardation.
I think i already melted my brain by watching Hoshizora this season. I enjoy watching shitty shows clearly, so I'll probably have to watch Aria at some point. I'll hold off on Steins Gate for a little while longer, Tiger and Bunny seems like a good bet.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ano Hana 11 - What I took from this series is that death is the ultimate hiding place unlike, for example, standing next to a tree on top of a cliff.

Geneijin

Instro said:
I think i already melted my brain by watching Hoshizora this season. I enjoy watching shitty shows clearly, so I'll probably have to watch Aria at some point. I'll hold off on Steins Gate for a little while longer, Tiger and Bunny seems like a good bet.
Then you should watch We Without Wings or A-Channel.

Instro said:
You want to watch some bad shows from this season? Then watch Aria and Softenni! A-Channel is just too boring to recommend.

Instro

Geneijin said:
Then you should watch We Without Wings or A-Channel.
Haha man the episodes I did see of that were fucking weird and confusing, surely that's the king of bad shows this season.

Averon

Anyone who dropped this series needs to pick it up again. The second half is great. It's like it's a completely different show now.

trejo

Principal VS Deer is still the best damn thing to come out of that show. If only the rest of it were like that but nooo.

Quacking

trejo said:
Principal VS Deer is still the best damn thing to come out of that show. If only the rest of it were like that but nooo.
That ahow is awesome to me. Maybe just because I love so much the no-sense things.

Izayoi

Banned
Strike Witches 1-12 - All PLOT, no plot.

Woah, artstyle change for the OVA. That's always really jarring. Was this a pilot or something? I'm so confused.

Branduil

I hope no one says something like [C] looks better than Mononoke because that would be literally the craziest thing said in an anime thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom