• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majestic Prince Episode 11 – Operation: Ares

It was fun and all but it seems like there is always just something missing to give it that extra bit to make all the events fantastic and what not. Its still worth watching and entertaining but it feels as if something more could be added. I dont know what it is. Regardless, the whole mission and the feelings of suspense regarding it was good. Maybe if they had detailed more of what was acquired or had a bit more bells and whistles going on?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DD Hokuto no Ken 1

I almost can't believe this is a full-length show. But I'm glad it is. Haven't watched this sort of comedy anime in quite a while. First ep was pretty good, and I'm glad I played Hokuto Musou so I at least have an idea of who all the characters are (I'll watch HnK one of these days, I swear).

Metrotab

Banned
Golden Boy - 3

The OP always makes me wanna drive the shit out of my bike.

I love how Mr. Bigshot crosses his legs. Hilarious.
That's a nice Mercedes-Benz he has.

Kentarou sure gets beat up a lot.

"I don't think so." PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT HAHAHAHAHA How deadpan he said that!

wonzo

Banned
Look at her, just lording her thin privilege over us.

tumblr_mo917bE9du1qkl96ao1_1280.png
This is p. hilarious after some of the stuff recently posted in the Awesome Fanart Thread.

PsionBolt

Dokidoki Precure - 20

- Yotsuba Corp. and Sebas-chan are hacked as always. They even have
a dragon radar. Not to mention the helicopter.

- Dokidoki's plot levels continue to surpass all previous series. This kind of plot would be a movie in any other Precure, seriously.
New loction, side-character who infodumps backstory about local legend which will surely be true, extra badass transformation music and sequence before the monster appears. It's all here.

- Jonathan continues to amuse me.
So he gets magical armor, but it's heavy? Ha. And people feared he would be significantly competent.

- Mana... You're supposed to be Godai Yusuke, not Emiya Shirou.
Regina can fly. You've seen this happen. You don't need to grab her hand to stop her fall.

-
Regina confirmed for not being An. As expected, but still. And hugs and handholding from Mana can acheive anything, it seems - Regina is back to normal, presumably for good. Powers lost, but she was too hacked to turn good otherwise, I guess.

- And the episode ends with
An and Regina being kidnapped by the Bowling Trio.
Not exactly what I expected, but I am still loving the ongoing plot. It's such a nice departure from the pure episodic style Precure usually has. Next episode
we're off to the Trump Kingdom again to rescue them. I don't think anyone will die in magma, but it's a little too much to have a silhouette of Ace in the preview, isn't it, Toei? Geez.

Good episode.

Midonin

Doki Doki Precure 20

I like it when they use non-stock music for the transformation sequence, though you'd think the winter weather outfits they were in before would provide more warmth than their magical girl garb. Also, Rikka can create ice stairs. Who knew? So it wasn't the Arctic, but a snowy mountain. Gotta keep it in Tokyo. The evidence that Regina is going to become Ace is really piling on, including changing her spot in the credits and the actual hyping of Ace they were doing at the end of the episode. Also, Mana/Regina forever! There's evidence to ship Mana with anyone short of Alice, really. Because Alice just likes to watch. And she can when her car is the goddam Batmobile.

cajunator

Banned
LttP Doki Doki Precure 19

Come on, doujin makers! This shit writes itself! Following up the second part of Game Show Precure 5!, It's gambling for crystals with the power of cheating and incompetence, along with Regina's wavering resolve. How in the fuck do they not notice her pupils changing colors? Are people that blind or something?

There needs to be a figure of Regina in her bowling outfit. It's begging to be made. Seriously, someone make it.

Rather ho-hum episode. Ai still coo' with Regina, and more alone time confirmed with her beloved Mana. Seriously this writes itself to the point that I know I'll be really disappointed because there won't be an implied kiss like in YPC5!.

Next time, we're going to Alaska.

Regina definitely seems like bestcure. Cant wait to start Dokidoki.
probably around the end of the year.

People hyperventilating in the Smash thread to anything resembling tits.

Whats so great about them?

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 9

Well that's one way to wake up in the morning.

"But it was fun and thrilling." Hiro to become a gambling addict confirmed.

That was really weird with Miyako using Yuno's bathroom and awkward to look at and I wish I didn't have to but...whatever.

CorvoSol

People hyperventilating in the Smash thread to anything resembling tits.

Have they seen your avatar, then?

Also, might I politely ask what sane person would ever go into an anime thread and not expect tits? I mean, most of my friends, if I were to ask them what they knew about anime, would say "that's the cartoons where chicks with giant breasts get molested by tentacles, right?"

Also, to anyone who says that anime is always better than cartoons, allow me to point to Batman Beyond and Spectacular Spider-Man, AKA the best super hero cartoons ever.

CorvoSol

No, I said sane person. Not that I expect sane people to be watching something as bad as Majestic Prince, but it serves as a fair example of what I'm getting at: Yes, there's a so-called plot to discuss and paper characters we can compare, but there's no ignoring the stupid large breasts in that show because they're shoved in your face the way Chara Soon shoves her breasts into Judau's face again and again.

Not all shows are going to be HOTD or Godannar about stuffing fanservice down your throat, but to walk into a thread about anime and honestly expect that people aren't going to be talking about fanservice in it at all? I find that hard to believe.

jgminto

Attack on Titan 10 - 11

That was some entertaining melodrama chatter. But it'll be good to get back into the action next week.

Gurren Lagann 17 - 21

Fuck Rossiu

Finally seems to be returning to the Gurren Lagann that I know and love! The Yoko
teacher
part was pretty fun. Viral really is a great character. Love his design and he's been such an awesome rival for Kamina and Simon.

Dokidoki Precure - 20
I don't think anyone will die in magma, but it's a little too much to have a silhouette of Ace in the preview, isn't it, Toei? Geez.

Well, to be fair, they were a lot less subtle about Passion (they didn't even bother showing a silhouette, just her design to the back of the camera).

Dokidoki Precure 20

And so the Mana x Regina shippers will be in heaven this episode. I'm... really confused on who Ace will be. All flags point to Regina, but her facial features really don't match. And Ace is too short to be the Queen... it's weird. We'll have to see come July. In any case, it was very odd to see the transformation scene without the normal music, especially since it wasn't during a battle or anything. But it worked at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom