• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utena 15

4c8uByV.jpg
Fw3P1oA.jpg

Mmm, gender based milkshakes. But what's this? Himemiya is gulping down the milkshake for boys, 100 dead boys! Not sure what to make of this but I like it.

Back to back incest themes, now featuring unrequited twincest! Maybe I'm being dense but how is the music teacher hurting Miki? Definitely something weird going on between them though but Miki never seemed like a victim, hmm. Nice touch on the new student council elevator music when Nanami is there.

k13HJ3s.jpg
X3NWHTC.jpg

Dat attention to detail. I had to go back to double check but they really bothered to draw the different stuff on top of the desks. Kudos JC Staff.

JCG

Yeah, this is where you and I differ. S2 was anything but disappointing.

Yes, and from our previous exchange I can see exactly why that's the case.

Mind you, I enjoyed a lot of the craziness and the few non-crazy parts myself, but can't really deny it should have been much better than it was.

One of the better things I can say about Code Geass S2 is that watching Valvrave now makes me miss Taniguchi's directorial abilities and quirks.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yes, and from our previous exchange I can see exactly why that's the case.

Mind you, I enjoyed a lot of the craziness and the few non-crazy parts myself, but can't really deny it should have been much better than it was.
Meanwhile, I never had hope in it being a better show and enjoyed its slide downward.

CorvoSol

Slayers 26

So wait, the one who lands the final blow is neither Lina, nor Gourry, but Sylphiel? With a cure spell? What kind of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest nonsense is this!!! Hahaha, nice to see Sylphiel's reaction to Prince Phil be exactly the same as Lina's was.

What comes next, Slayers NEXT? Or Evolution?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Slayers 26

So wait, the one who lands the final blow is neither Lina, nor Gourry, but Sylphiel? With a cure spell? What kind of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest nonsense is this!!! Hahaha, nice to see Sylphiel's reaction to Prince Phil be exactly the same as Lina's was.

It's fairly self-explanatory.

Evolution comes never.

Utena 16

Oh Ikuhara, you so silly. But oh man upcoming Juri episode, too bad its gotta wait until later. Silly life things like sleep, bah!

It's still mind-blowing that Utena is a JC Staff show.

I've always thought of JC Staff as a hit or miss studio. For every 4 or 5 kill me baby tier shows they somehow miraculously pull a Joshiraku or Azumanga Daioh or Shigofumi out of their collective asses. It's a terrible ratio but they're still worth their diamonds in the rough.

Oh... I don't think I would enjoy it then...

I just watched a whole episode about a character turning into a cow and it was fantastic. you really shouldn't let first appearances fool you with this show.

Slayers 26

Do what everyone else does.

Watch NEXT then TRY.

Then wait a few years, rewatch all three seasons and hope that they'll release a season 4 someday.

cajunator

Banned
There is only team Mikan.

Who cares about other teams.

This would be correct except that Momo is easily the best.
Team mikan is powerful, likely second best, but Team Momo cannot be stopped.

Don't tell me that Utena never changes the duel song up...

why would it need to change? Its perfect.

Porun is first into the Mascot Broiler.

Quit hatin on adorable little Porun.
he can chill at my house so you dont have to hurt him.

This would be correct except that Momo is easily the best.
Team mikan is powerful, likely second best, but Team Momo cannot be stopped.

I like both equally.

Quit hatin on adorable little Porun.
he can chill at my house so you dont have to hurt him.

Porun was a terrible mascot.... until one of his jobs was to be Mepple's cock blocker. He became alright in my book since he's an even bigger foil than Nagisa.

CorvoSol

It's fairly self-explanatory.

Evolution comes never.

I don't understand?

Do what everyone else does.

Watch NEXT then TRY.

Then wait a few years, rewatch all three seasons and hope that they'll release a season 4 someday.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Now I do.

Gun x Sword 23

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

How old IS
the Claw?
And can we please stop calling that a date? And DAYUM at Ray calling Fossilina The Claw's whore. I mean, that's what she gets for pole dance fighting and also
being his whore
. And then there's the Majora's Mask, and the Eldora Sol kickin' butt and Allenby Beardsly was there, too, but who cares about her?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW SPACE BATTLES AND BROTHERLY TEAM UPS AND THE YUKIKO AND RAY AND THEN OOOOOOH MY GOOOOOSH.

The best part of Gun x Sword is how they find a way to make the Claw creepier every single episode.

cajunator

Banned
At least we can all agree that the top tier list is:

Mikan = Kotegawa = Momo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other girls

I can agree to this.

Behold the beauty of the Garden!

This is really nice. Great art.

Not my thing, personally, but I'm all for non-traditionally-attractive female characters in anime so it's cool for that, at least.

This post just makes me realize that my sengoku power level is pretty weak outside of things that have aired in the past few years. The Basara versions of the characters are iconic to me, but that's probably only because I've never seen any quality alternate takes on the various historical figures (lol Brave10)

TEAM IEYASU from Sengoku Collection. the others can diaf.

I didn't say I'd definitely watch it!

Noir is pretty good in the second half. the first half is a bunch of exposition, episodic encounters, and flashbacks of flashbacks of flashbacks. Literally.
If you can make it to around episode 14, it will reward you the rest of the way.

Articalys

what the fuck is wrong with all of you

17 hours
807 posts
that's 47 posts/hr over the course of almost a whole day
took about 20 mins to skim through
almost nothing of substance

stepping away from this thread for extended periods of time is the easiest way to see that it's completely insane

Articalys

For gods sakes, I'm kidding around, relax. I do understand that I've been such a square for almost all my time here that it probably doesn't get taken that way unlike when others are joking, though. There was a lot of stuff today, from all the episode impressions to the new Chuunibyou news, Yuasa at AX, and more.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade 20

Hoooooooooooooooooohohohohoho! So it turns out that the reason that Lumiere always consigns herself to a child's body is because
first, she was a child when Eclair picked her up off the street, and second, the one time she chose to be an adult, she nuked an entire planet.

Also, Eclair's "OG" design trumps all others. DAT CAPE.

Seriously thought that
they were gonna off Lumiere in this one.
Still think they might do it. Also, when Eclair
fired at the ship's computer, that was pretty hardcore.

N-not that there's anything h-hardcore about a show called K-Kiddy Grade or anything, stupid!

jgminto

For gods sakes, I'm kidding around, relax. I do understand that I've been such a square for almost all my time here that it probably doesn't get taken that way unlike when others are joking, though. There was a lot of stuff today, from all the episode impressions to the new Chuunibyou news, Yuasa at AX, and more.
You forgot the Miki T spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom