• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
His
dying episode was pretty well done though. Made me tear up little bit despite that I had hated him for whole season before that.

Hmm, I don't remember it very well so we'll see.
Euphemia's death is probably the one I felt was the most sad :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Here's the way I see it:

- Rolo was a warning to everyone about how silly R2 was going to be. He is a harbinger. This is a good thing.

- Mao was a slap in the face to everyone enjoying Geass up until that point because he came out of nowhere, added nothing to the story, and just basically ruin a part of the season. That is a bad thing!

How did Akito ever turn out? I haven't gotten a chance to watch that yet.

Hmm, I don't remember it very well so we'll see.
Euphemia's death is probably the one I felt was the most sad :(

Yeah
Euphie's death was saddest one in Geass. She just wanted that everyone gets along =( . Not to mention that it was practically accident.

duckroll

There wasn't much story in the first episode. It was a lot of set up and stuff. Pretty different from LOLCodeGeassLOL even though it's set in the same world. More traditional and series. The CG mecha action is amazing because Orange r0x. <3

The second episode has been delayed to some undetermined date in Summer. Maybe Orange is too busy with Majestic Prince!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Nay Nay Anime-GAF what are you doing?

HIY8xMb.gif

ZOMGGHJIWNGIOGNO!!!!

@%&*-+((/&##&&!';;'/--%#":-+:"!/6+8*'::7-"8; !// ++*!'--------------................ ... . .

Cajun, speak to me! SPEAK TO ME!

It was as boring and bland as you'd fear a Lelouchless Geass could be. If anything it was too similar to Geass, they tried to replicate the same themes and conflicts in Europe that were in Japan, making the setting change pretty much irrelevant. The CG mechs were fine, well other than the choreography that turned them into acrobats on roller-skates.

Aquarion Evol End

Oh god I was dying of laughter at the end there. Crying robots and that title reveal. This whole thing was amazing. I have no idea what Kawamori was thinking, but I can say for certain that he is a genius.

The ridiculousness of this series had to have been intentional, right? I can't imagine Kawamori with straight face as he is writing some of stuff in this show.

Also the greatest reveal of the show aside from the really dumb title reveal.
FUDO X MIKAGE

I'm getting so excited talking about it...I might just have to rewatch it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Okay, I could keep messing around with this, adding and removing questions trying to make the perfect survey, and it wouldn't get anywhere fast, so:

THE SECOND ANIMEGAF SURVEY -- ANIMEGAF THREAD ACTIVITY
(quote to see link)

As before, I'll be reposting the link every handful of hours to make sure that people in different time zones, on different schedules, etc. have a chance to see it. Let's give this one a couple more days than the last survey, so... until around Friday, I guess. I promise to be faster with the posting the results this time around too.

Filled!

The ridiculousness of this series had to have been intentional, right? I can't imagine Kawamori with straight face as he is writing some of stuff in this show.

Also the greatest reveal of the show aside from the really dumb title reveal.
FUDO X MIKAGE

I'm getting so excited talking about it...I might just have to rewatch it.

ibkhZF40qSC6fZ.gif

Probably just a fun project the person wanted to write, I guess, the ant stuff, the holes, the palm attacks etc. Though the story was at least memorable and such. I liked the Amata Kagura stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It was as boring and bland as you'd fear a Lelouchless Geass could be. If anything it was too similar to Geass, they tried to replicate the same themes and conflicts in Europe that were in Japan, making the setting change pretty much irrelevant. The CG mechs were fine, well other than the choreography that turned them into acrobats on roller-skates.

I don't like Lelouch though so maybe I'll enjoy it.

K-ON!! 11

You know, the thing I really love about this show is that every episode is legitimately interesting. As much as I loved Hidamari Sketch, I won't deny that every now and then I'd get a little bored with it and have to pause halfway through an episode and go do something else for a bit. But that doesn't happen with K-ON!!. Once I start an episode, I'm pretty much hooked.

Also, Mugi's eyebrows have annoyed me ever since I started noticing them. Gah.
Exactly, there's a reason K-ON!! is my favorite show.
K-ON!! 13

More like "David Lynch's K-ON!!".
Yeah, haha. That episode was weird, but pretty cool.

ibkhZF40qSC6fZ.gif

Probably just a fun project the person wanted to write, I guess, the ant stuff, the holes, the palm attacks etc. Though the story was at least memorable and such. I liked the Amata Kagura stuff.

Yeah, despite the ridiculous nature of a few things, I genuinely enjoyed the show. The characters were fun, the story was a trip. Also I thought the later developments with Andy and Mix were done really well.

It's definitely an entertaining show.

cajunator

Banned
trust me, what happened last week proved to me why the truth keeps failing. Its cute to praise people who locked a whole city down when they couldn't find some dude. Its cute to kill a kid for religion. Its cute to have parents who lost there kids to be used to convince people to grab everybody elses rights. Its cute to call Japanese girls in anime Koreans after some dude who made some anti-American screed years ago over a war that was now proven to be based on a lie (and yes, my friends lost limbs etc) made a youtube video get Justin Beiber hits. Its cute to have baby boomer bastards in both west and east run roughshod over what makes a female a female and have most females say "oh its ok, I can change him". Its cute to aceept evil and forgive it.

That's why I rather deal with the darkness.

I rather deal with both.

Somebody compiled a chart on this spring season female characters height.

Oh so THATS what that was.
It looks like a typical boob chart so who knew?

Let's play some GJ-Bu Piano Sound Board!

i9oaA47De7LKl.png

Mao

Shion

Tama

Mori

Kasumi

Hmmm....I like this. It crashes my computer though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Code Geass Rewatch 3-4

I forgot about that one scene that was censored when it aired on Adult Swim. Hilariously that S1 is much more.... liberal than S2 in this regard. Also, episode 4 was pretty lulz.

Brother's Conflict has good designs and cast, cant wait

Daisuke Hirakawa (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls' Yagyuu Muneakira)
Daisuke Namikawa (Sh&#333;ta Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke, Waver Velvet in Fate/Zero).
Daisuke Ono (Black Butler's Sebastian Michaelis, Saiz&#333; Kirigakure from Brave 10)
Hiroshi Kamiya (Mephisto Pheles in Blue Exorcist, Takashi Natsume from Natsume Y&#363;jin-ch&#333; San)
Junichi Suwabe (Fate/stay night's Archer, Fullmetal Alchemist's Greed)
Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Jonathan Joestar)
Ken Takeuchi (KissxSis' Keita Suminoe)
Kenichi Suzumura (Gintama's Okita Sougo)
Kenn (Space Brothers' Hibito Nanba)
Kousuke Toriumi (Haku&#333;ki's Hajime Sait&#333;)
Nobuhiko Okamoto (Bakuman's Eiji Niizuma)
Rina Satou (Raildex's Mikoto Misaka)
Tomoaki Maeno (Amagami SS' Jun'ichi Tachibana)
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Chihayafuru's Arata Wataya)
Yuuki Kaji (Star Driver's Takeo Takumi)

kayos90

Brother's Conflict has good designs and cast, cant wait

Daisuke Hirakawa (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls' Yagyuu Muneakira)
Daisuke Namikawa (Sh&#333;ta Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke, Waver Velvet in Fate/Zero).
Daisuke Ono (Black Butler's Sebastian Michaelis, Saiz&#333; Kirigakure from Brave 10)
Hiroshi Kamiya (Mephisto Pheles in Blue Exorcist, Takashi Natsume from Natsume Y&#363;jin-ch&#333; San)
Junichi Suwabe (Fate/stay night's Archer, Fullmetal Alchemist's Greed)
Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Jonathan Joestar)
Ken Takeuchi (KissxSis' Keita Suminoe)
Kenichi Suzumura (Gintama's Okita Sougo)
Kenn (Space Brothers' Hibito Nanba)
Kousuke Toriumi (Haku&#333;ki's Hajime Sait&#333;)
Nobuhiko Okamoto (Bakuman's Eiji Niizuma)
Rina Satou (Raildex's Mikoto Misaka)
Tomoaki Maeno (Amagami SS' Jun'ichi Tachibana)
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Chihayafuru's Arata Wataya)
Yuuki Kaji (Star Driver's Takeo Takumi)

Horrible character designs.

7Th

The character designer for Red Garden and Kurenai is doing the character designs for Brother's Conflict. Poor Brain Base.

Horrible character designs.

The girl is cute, I guess? I really don't know why DTL likes such shows; the girl always gets a lot more screentime than any of the guys.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Code Geass Rewatch 3-4

I forgot about that one scene that was censored when it aired on Adult Swim. Hilariously that S1 is much more.... liberal than S2 in this regard. Also, episode 4 was pretty lulz.

The uh... home video release has a bit more uncensoring than the original Japanese broadcast version as well.

She's great. Kenshin probably has the most fanart of any character introduced in Sengoku Rance and she still doesn't even have that much! Very slim pickings for avatars.
Loving kenshin.
My favorite character too.
Somuch that i got a nice fig of her.

Bishamonten give me your divine protection !!

The character designer for Red Garden and Kurenai is doing the character designs for Brother's Conflict. Poor Brain Base.

The girl is cute, I guess? I really don't know why DTL likes such shows; the girl always gets a lot more screentime than any of the guys.

I guess I just like them cause they have good designed guys and personalities.

kayos90

lol. I kind of want to read the Geass manga since apparently it has some massive differences - not to mention the several alternate universe stories out there.

I believe the Nunally in the Nighmare or something like that is the most drastic one.

faridmon

Red Data Girl Ep.2

One one hand, this show is reminding me of Ghost Hound which I adored, minus the psychological terminology of course, but on the other hand, I really don't like where its heading to in terms of its fantasy based mystery. By this Episode, I couldn't understand the ending where
the main character was possessed
but I have feeling where this is going. Also, I honestly don't like where the romantic element is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom