• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the one that takes the form of a series of lucid dreams, as told by Azusa? Yeah, I like that one. Probably one of my favourites.

Yes.
mv8M6Xjl.jpg

When is Akito ep 2 even coming,.

I wasnt going to rewatch Geass until the BD's leave Europe, its pretty unfair that they got them while we get nothing.

I have a few volumes of the spinoffs, though thanks to Bandai's demise, they will all remain unfinished in my collection (Suzaku Counterattack, and one other one).

Kurita

Wait...
Yusuke Nakamura did the character design of Tatami Galaxy? The guy who does the CD covers of Asian Kung-Fu Generation?!!!!
Must watch it now!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When is Akito ep 2 even coming,.

I wasnt going to rewatch Geass until the BD's leave Europe, its pretty unfair that they got them while we get nothing.

I have a few volumes of the spinoffs, though thanks to Bandai's demise, they will all remain unfinished in my collection (Suzaku Counterattack, and one other one).

Time to learn Japanese.

Theonik

Re Cutie Honey 03 ENDE
This episode was BEYOND LEWD* once again. Redeemed the previous episode tenfold! *
no pics for you you pervs, go watch it!
My SDBurtometer is off the charts. We can't handle yuri of this magnitude, the visuals also returned to a level closer to the awesome we had on the first episode though for a much more limited time, though the supplementary stuff was great and it had one of the better Itano Circus sequences I've seen.
Overal I had a ton of fun watching this. Should I check the older series too after this? Am I to expect a similar experience to this?

Staff and cast for the upcoming Yowamushi Pedal anime:

Director: Osamu Nabeshima (D. Gray-man, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (K-ON!, Girls und Panzer)
Character Design: Takahiko Yoshida (Big Windup, Welcome to the NHK)

Sakamichi Onoda: Daisuke Yamashita
Shunsuke Imaizumi: Kosuke Toriumi
Shokichi Naruko: Jun Fukushima

Reminder on what this is:

yspI2ro.jpg

Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?

The 3-cour adaptation starts in the fall.

Jex

I'm not sure if you changed your mind later, or what the responses were, because I'm lazy and there's too much to read, but this is mostly right and unbelievers should go die. Not that it's completely realistic, but it's certainly justifiable.

Typical liberalGAF spreading their propoganda!

Looks good and hyped for this, and I guess a baseball manga may be getting an anime too, for sports this year?

survivor

Banned

The MC's design pisses me off for some reason.

Three cour? Must be based on a shounen manga.
And with a massive 27 volumes count and still going.

Jex

If I'm not mistaken, those bicycles look like CG.

Just because someone had to say it.

Crunchyroll's 1st catalog title (of four) is Little Witch Academia

Little Witch Academia will be available to Crunchyroll audiences TODAY at 10am Pacific Time in the following territories: North America, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Demark, Netherlands, Turkey, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean)

Jex

Aku no Hana

I fucking love this show. First episode was so dull I had to stop halfway through. Then I started it up again where I left off. Thank god. Part 2 of the episode hits and I'm slowly warming up to it.
When she tells the teacher to STFU I fell in love
. Then episode 2 gave me a sort of curiosity. With it's events, I wanted to see where everything was going to go. After episode 3, I was sold. There is something seriously fucked up with these two, and the fact that one of them is the MC has me all sorts of excited. This show went from bottom to top of my list in three episodes. Screw the haters, I hope this becomes a great show and inspires a cult following or even a subtle change in anime. I want imperfect, messed up characters. I want dark, I want twisted.
Welcome, my rotoscoped brother, to the beautiful future of anime.

Jex

Lewd 10 minute Mermaid Crap - Episode 1

I... don't think this is for me. Really stupid. Pretty annoying to watch. Awful song too.

You say it's really stupid like that's a knock on the show! It's clearly meant to be stupid.

Not that I'm trying to disagree with you here, few things are more subjective than comedy. Either it works for you or it doesn't.

K-ON!! 11

You know, the thing I really love about this show is that every episode is legitimately interesting. As much as I loved Hidamari Sketch, I won't deny that every now and then I'd get a little bored with it and have to pause halfway through an episode and go do something else for a bit. But that doesn't happen with K-ON!!. Once I start an episode, I'm pretty much hooked.

Also, Mugi's eyebrows have annoyed me ever since I started noticing them. Gah.

K-ON is right above Hidamari Sketch on my very favorite anime list, so I can't really complain about this. K-ON will always hold a special place in my heart considering it was one of the first shows I really watched.

Okay, I could keep messing around with this, adding and removing questions trying to make the perfect survey, and it wouldn't get anywhere fast, so:

THE SECOND ANIMEGAF SURVEY -- ANIMEGAF THREAD ACTIVITY
(quote to see link)

As before, I'll be reposting the link every handful of hours to make sure that people in different time zones, on different schedules, etc. have a chance to see it. Let's give this one a couple more days than the last survey, so... until around Friday, I guess. I promise to be faster with the posting the results this time around too.
Done. I didn't know this was a thing, but awesome work on it.

Jex

Heartcatch Precure 9-26

Sorry about how long this post is, I thought that would end up smaller than it turned out. But yeah generally things got better compared to the really early episodes with some higher stakes in some fights and more interesting character drama.

Ha, no need to apologies, we've had people write posts that exceed the character limit!

Jex

Here's the way I see it:

- Rolo was a warning to everyone about how silly R2 was going to be. He is a harbinger. This is a good thing.

- Mao was a slap in the face to everyone enjoying Geass up until that point because he came out of nowhere, added nothing to the story, and just basically ruin a part of the season. That is a bad thing!
This is the only way to look at it.

flawfuls

I've read a few volumes of the manga. It's okay, but it's no overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom