• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 76

TnTSEPy.jpg

A nice way to start the arc, the general atmosphere already switched to a more serious one, which fits the tone of the arc well. Can't wait to see how they adapt everything, I really don't remember much of the manga since the hiatuses really ruined the arc for me, so I'll enjoy this immensely.

JCG

It was as boring and bland as you'd fear a Lelouchless Geass could be. If anything it was too similar to Geass, they tried to replicate the same themes and conflicts in Europe that were in Japan, making the setting change pretty much irrelevant. The CG mechs were fine, well other than the choreography that turned them into acrobats on roller-skates.

I really don't see the choreography in Akito as a negative. It's basically a retroactive change they applied to all the Code Geass mecha, both old and new, in order to take full advantage of the use of 3DCG. In that general sense, this isn't too different from the sort of things Gundam has done with its extra stories set in or around the One Year War, where the robots don't always look or move exactly like they did in the original MSG.

As for the rest, I think the first episode was fine as a prologue/introduction. I don't see why people would expect to get exactly the same experience from a spin-off, so the lack of Lelouch isn't a big concern. I'd also question the claim that the setting change was "irrelevant" even if one theme in particular (the Japanese being mistreated) is still present. There's enough differences elsewhere.

survivor

Banned
So I'm nearly done with Hataraki Man, and I'm wondering, are there any more good slice of life anime about adults? Watching this and Otona Joshi made me realize I need to watch more anime like them.

I'm aware of Space Brothers, but I really have no strength to catch up on 40 episodes. I'd much rather read the manga at this point.

So I'm nearly done with Hataraki Man, and I'm wondering, are there any more good slice of life anime about adults? Watching this and Otona Joshi made me realize I need to watch more anime like them.

I'm aware of Space Brothers, but I really have no strength to catch up on 40 episodes. I'd much rather read the manga at this point.

Have you seen Bartender? Sadly SoL about Adults is an extremely small group.

Steroyd

Date a Live 03 - 04

nwCnBKt.gif

A silly episode about the girl wondering around like a newborn baby excited about the environment around her, and the fourth episode has shy girl in a coat that looks like a bunny rabbit with what I'm assuming is a live puppet.

The show knows what it is and it's sticking with it.

Attack on Titan - 03

Yl6Gl37.gif

Dayum Rick's bread must be TASTY!

Lolz potato girl, would have thought they'd stick with this training a little longer, so it's nice to see things moving along and getting to the point, so far only episode two seems to have handled things a little messy.

Someone made an Thread about in the OT and everyone is curious what its about.
Anime GAF is a poisonous entities.

I've always known what it was about, and didn't even know there was a thread

School Days 5

MC is Starting to Realize the situation he's in!

What a jackass MC.
Tittie Monster finally starts warming up and being more physical like he was sulking about earlier, but he's lost interest in the time span of what, a couple weeks?

It's like seeing someone with no lifelines left and no idea of what the answer is take a wild guess at the Million Dollar Question instead of walking with 750K!

Spazznid

Welcome, my rotoscoped brother, to the beautiful future of anime.

It certainly suits this show well. I'd imagine some other shows would be suitable for rotoscoped animation, like maybe Tokyo magnitude, or welcome to the NHK. Not to say they'd be better for it, but I can't imagine some of the scenes in Aku no Hana being done in an anime style.

survivor

Banned

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Does Arakawa Under the Bridge count?

faridmon

Skip Beat?

Narag

I don't think I'll continue School Days to be honest.
It's quite bad looking and I don't like the characters.

It's an experience that needs completion. It's not like some shows that blow their emotional load early. Instead we're privy to the rare complete character arc for several characters.

This is so far a good season of anime imo so I am curious to see which characters are the favourite so far.

For me the top 3 are,

Amy on a list, maybe if it were the most annoying characters of the year, Id agree. Dont see what people see in her.

Male
1. L-elf/Haruto (Valvrave)
2. Gareki (Karneval)
3. Eren (Titan) or Ledo (Gargantia)
4. Izuru/Asagi (MJPR)
5. STARISH (Syo, Ittoki)

Female (their all pretty standard this season)
1. Yukino Yukinoshita (SNAFU)
2. Tsukumo (Karneval)
3. Rin Suzukaze (MJPR)

Kurita

I think I can probably go through all the available translated chapters by the time I finish watching 10 episodes.

Maybe.
The translated chapters and the anime are at the exact same point actually :lol
I don't think that's a coincidence.

I think you're missing the point, but it's really up to you on what you want to waste your time on.

Yeah, honestly I have better things to watch.

Jex

I really don't see the choreography in Akito as a negative. It's basically a retroactive change they applied to all the Code Geass mecha, both old and new, in order to take full advantage of the use of 3DCG. In that general sense, this isn't too different from the sort of things Gundam has done with its extra stories set in or around the One Year War, where the robots don't always look or move exactly like they did in the original MSG.

I actually find this comment a little odd. The original Code Geass was filled with mecha doing acrobatic roller skating nonsense and in that regard Akito is simply following in it's footsteps. It's not like the movement of the mecha of Code Geass was ever grounded like in VOTOMs. Admittedly the CG in Akito allows for even more exaggerated movement but it's well in line with what came before.

For example, consider this video (timestamps at 0:20, 0:57 and 2;43) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8OodkBwmw

Mature

Amy on a list, maybe if it were the most annoying characters of the year, Id agree. Dont see what people see in her.

Male
1. L-elf/Haruto (Valvrave)
2. Gareki (Karneval)
3. Eren (Titan) or Ledo (Gargantia)
4. Izuru/Asagi (MJPR)
5. STARISH (Syo, Ittoki)

Female (their all pretty standard this season)
1. Yukino Yukinoshita (SNAFU)
2. Tsukumo (Karneval)
3. Rin Suzukaze (MJPR)
Surprised at the lack of Maou-sama.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Shit A Live 4

I guess I can only blame myself for hatewatching that shitfest. I'll keep the hate to a minimum and try to be... sensible. Tohka actually isn't a terrible character. She's a lot less annoying in this episode than the last. Tobiichi on the other hand is super annoying. I hate her personality and stuff. Hermit sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom