• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started my annual K-ON! rewatch since it's my birthday. I don't have any impressions anymore since this is either my fifth or sixth time so here's a Sawa-chan.

gMEN81X.jpg

Sawa-chan (Nodoka too) made me love megane.

Sora no Woto 02

So this is set in some sort of post-apocalyptic world or something? Setting is kinda weird

Yes, there's a flashback later in the show set in what seems to be a modern day city. The way they got to where they are now is open-ended as hell though.

Articalys

This sure is a lot of people who either already watched 3.0, or just don't care about light spoilers from the preview.

Anyway, I completely forgot to start an Eva rewatch before 3.33 came out, so I'm going to have to hurry up on that marathon.

Man I still need to watch 3.0. Hopefully it doesn't stray too far from the original series because 1.0, and 2.0 were pretty much remakes with some variations but nothing drastic. Looking at that 4.0 trailer something must of happened in 3.0 to lead to that shit.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
0:16 to 0:18 looks like some kind of awful cutscene that Omega Force would make for an Evangelion Musou.

Oh, and the "spoiler" in question makes me want to never watch 3.0. What is this puke?

Theonik

Jex

So I note that ToonamiGAF have reached their 4th OT. Congratulations to them! Whenever I see an anime thread on the OT it's refreshing to encounter a wide range of posters who enjoy anime but don't happen to frequent this thread.

Now, why hasn't ToonamiGAF been dragged out of the limelight and placed in Community with the rest of the so called Megathreads? I guess the same is true for a small selection of other multi-OT threads but it does feel strangely inconsistent. Surely they're even more of an independent community than this thread!

Novid

Banned
So I note that ToonamiGAF have reached their 4th OT. Congratulations to them! Whenever I see an anime thread on the OT it's refreshing to encounter a wide range of posters who enjoy anime but don't happen to frequent this thread.

Now, why hasn't ToonamiGAF been dragged out of the limelight and placed in Community with the rest of the so called Megathreads? I guess the same is true for a small selection of other multi-OT threads but it does feel strangely inconsistent. Surely they're even more of an independent community than this thread!

its considered smaller than anime gaf.

Because the Off-Topic community was made only so they could get rid of this thread and the pony thread from the main forum.

Pooya

Does ToonamiGAF post tons of questionable pics & gifs? :b

Narag

Because the Off-Topic community was made only so they could get rid of this thread and the pony thread from the main forum.

I assume it's activity is confined to mostly 1-2 days and it just falls off otherwise whereas this thread would always be up top.

Metrotab

Banned
I still have to watch Evangelion despite it being a massively influential series. It kinda feels like the "final exam" of watching anime, since I've heard the story is notoriously very difficult to follow from a certain point.

Jarmel

Banned
I still have to watch Evangelion despite it being a massively influential series. It kinda feels like the "final exam" of watching anime, since I've heard the story is notoriously very difficult to follow from a certain point.

Not so much difficult but more "What the fuck did I just watch?"

Soma

I wouldn't say 'difficult' but it is a series (movie included) that benefits from repeated viewings.

Final exam seems like the wrong word considering how many people were introduced to a "larger scope" of anime via Evangelion.

faridmon

I am so glad that I am not invested in Evangelion. I would be livid if one of my favourite franchise gotten that trailer.

My favourite franchiese don't even have a sequel :(

Jex

Nah, it's not that hard at all really.

I assume it's activity is confined to mostly 1-2 days and it just falls off otherwise whereas this thread would always be up top.
I don't think they really have any rules they follow as far as what threads go where.
Now that's more of a tinfoil theory!

Hell the Pony GAF thread got sent to the Community section before the section got split between gaming and off topic community.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
OT Community really is a forsaken dumping ground. Go back two or three pages and you'll notice that mods don't even bother to lock/move threads that were posted here by mistake.

Jex

Here are some titles that can actually be difficult to understand:

Ergo Proxy
Mouryou no Hako
Boogiepop Phantom
Serial Experiments Lain
Utena

Novid

Banned
You know what duckroll? I have been off topic for a bit. And yeah, I have grammar issues. I'm just a very angry person these days; because I don't know who I can trust - who is honest to me and so on. This anger inside me? All I have left. Nothing makes sense anymore and when I try my best to make sense of it? No dice. Nothing.

So you know what, the reason I'm here on this board before Toonami came back, or even before the Thundercats came back, was to see who was going to be the biggest world wide fad coming from japan. But the business has changed too damn much. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm not meant to be on this thread anymore. Outlived my usefulness on this particular thread. I know when I am not wanted. So im gone from this thread. Its better for my sanity and the rest of the posters here.

Sora no Woto 02

In this episode we get to meet the rest of the cast, I noticed that Rio is voiced by Yu Kobayashi pretty nice voice overall! Noel is pretty cute also and I actually like the cast so far, the whole Junior-senior relationship with the privates was pretty cool! Dat Tsun
So this is set in some sort of post-apocalyptic world or something? Setting is kinda weird
audio design was pretty cool in this episode also, got the creepy atmosphere across quite well. FUCK THAT THING

Great series.

Jarmel

Banned
Here are some titles that can actually be difficult to understand:

Ergo Proxy
Mouryou no Hako
Boogiepop Phantom
Serial Experiments Lain
Utena

I thought Lain was relatively easy to understand on a superficial level for the most part. There is a lot of themes and other stuff but the main story itself isn't that hard to follow.

Ergo Proxy was just a fucking mess.

7Th

You know what duckroll? I have been off topic for a bit. And yeah, I have grammar issues. I'm just a very angry person these days; because I don't know who I can trust - who is honest to me and so on. This anger inside me? All I have left. Nothing makes sense anymore and when I try my best to make sense of it? No dice. Nothing.

So you know what, the reason I'm here on this board before Toonami came back, or even before the Thundercats came back, was to see who was going to be the biggest world wide fad coming from japan. But the business has changed too damn much. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm not meant to be on this thread anymore. Outlived my usefulness on this particular thread. I know when I am not wanted. So im gone from this thread. Its better for my sanity and the rest of the posters here.

2233.imgcache.jpg

jgminto

I need to watch Evangelion as well.

Given Ledo has been a child soldier since birth and only awakens for combar. I don't think he's interested in a female body.

You know that's totally going to happen. This genetically enhanced soldier, programmed to fight any and all enemies of humanity, will totally discover the power of love and stop killing. And it will be terrible.

Jex

I thought Lain was relatively easy to understand on a superficial level for the most part. There is a lot of themes and other stuff but the main story itself isn't that hard to follow.

Sure, Lain is relatively easy to follow as a whole but that requires glossing over a ton of pretty bizarre and insane sequences that demand some kind of explanation.

faridmon

I could not understand Lain. Nothing made sense. Although I sort of understand where its going with its themes, Everything appeard to be pretty random.

Mouryou no Hako sounds intresting. I don't know how that escaped me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BritGAF has a small group of regulars and we were dragged kicking and screaming back to OTCommunity. I think it is more of a case that Evi-kun hasn't noticed you.

So, am I a grave anime sinner if I haven't watch Evangelion? I see I'm not the only one though.

Jarmel

Banned
Sure, Lain is relatively easy to follow as a whole but that requires glossing over a ton of pretty bizarre and insane sequences that demand some kind of explanation.

It's obviously not the most linear of storytelling cases and follows in a more abstract manner. Weirdly enough I think Blood-C actually prepped me for a lot of the stuff in Lain so I wasn't really blindsided by anything. I do agree it's not the easiest of materials though.

I do think though that when you go into a series knowing that it's going to be abstract and hard, it's easier to follow compared to a series which blindsides the fuck out of you like say Evangelion or Ergo Proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom