• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GJ-bu 12 -END-

And so my surprise of the season comes to an end. Not a bad ending at all, really sweet, and they aren't really precluded from doing a second season since
they could just throw the three little sisters in as replacements for Kirara, Mao, and Shion
. But it wouldn't surprise me if this was all we got. Seriously though, what a fun show. So many great moments. I'll definitely miss it.

Also this makes three shows that I've finished today. It's kinda depressing. ;_;

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Ginga e Kickoff!] 37
THnRD9K.jpg
As if it could not be any more obvious that whoever is writing this crap is a huge Barcelona fan. *rolls eyes*

Delicious, delicious football sakuga. Now I understand why the previous episodes all looked so awful, this was amazing from a visual standpoint. Can't stress hard enough how good the animation is when the animators aren't skimping on good football. That said, I was surprised that
they took the route of making them lose the final like that. The entire show has been about the Momoyama Predators steamrolling over their opponents, so them falling against anti-football (somehow played by Barcelona?) was so gratifying.

cajunator

Banned
On a whim, I started watching some episodes of an anime show I haven't watched since my childhood. In the Us it was called Grimm's Fairy Tales and it aired on Nickelodeon. I'm sure someone here remembers it. Well if you don't, here was the :cajun opening for it. Now that isn't the original song, but fuck it. Its so catchy and adorable I love it to death. That said, I think the show lives up to my nostalgia of it. This show didn't fuck around either. I remember parts of it being quite sad, and true to the original fairy tales, but everything always ended happily. sometimes at the last minute. This was just one in a long line of shows from my childhood that started out as anime and then got adapted through Saban and spoonfed to kids. And we fucking LOVED IT.
Today was a good day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, but they added a total Chuunibyou character to the main cast! It's great!
Seriously, every show is doing the Chuu2 thing. It's weiiiiird. lol

The 3DS game sold over 100,000 copies; it's pretty popular.
RIP Idolmaster?

[Ginga e Kickoff!] 37

As if it could be any more obvious that whoever is writing this crap is a huge Barcelona fan. *rolls eyes*

Delicious, delicious football sakuga. Now I understand why the previous episodes all looked so awful, this was amazing from a visual standpoint. Can't stress hard enough how good the animation is when the animators aren't skimping on good football. That said, I was surprised that
they took the route of making them lose the final like that. The entire show has been about the Momoyama Predators steamrolling over their opponents, so them falling against anti-football (somehow played by Barcelona?) was so gratifying.
I'm curious to see what you think of the last two episodes, especially since I don't know shit about professional football.

cajunator

Banned
Why make a swimming anime? It will never be as good as Golden Boy's swimming episode.

The peak of swimming in animation.

This is true. couldn't believe that scene went there when I first watched it.
what a mouthful.

You want it to be warm...so you can go in the water and cool off?

Your human logic makes no sense, beep borp.

I don't swim to cool down. I swim to swim.
The only way to cool down in the summer here is to jump into a bathtub of ice. The poolwater is lukewarm as it is.

Kurita

The thing about that swimming anime is that the characters won't be as cool as Mizumachi from Eyeshield 21.
Dude used swimming techniques during football matches.

Metrotab

Banned
Mouryou no Hako - 12

Could someone please remind me whether Kanako is still presumed missing, presumed dead or confirmed dead? I honestly forgot that crucial bit of information.

I am able to follow the 'mechanical' side of the story. The things happening, and the scientific concept of the human-machine. The 'spiritual' side of the story is still a mistery to me. What does a mouryou have to do with all of this?

Kurita

Come on just think about it. Competition between schools, then training for the Olympics with your rivals and then the Olympics. We can get like over 4 seasons with this.
Sign me up. They need to have crazy old school special moves. Like Captain Tsubasa.
Swimming needs a pure hot blooded shounen.

cajunator

Banned
Come on just think about it. Competition between schools, then training for the Olympics with your rivals and then the Olympics. We can get like over 4 seasons with this.

This being anime, it would be the polar opposite of boring.
there are a million things they could do with that idea!

CorvoSol

triple post, have a Gurren Lagann-style EVA:

Thing would look terrifying without the armor on.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 2

BEST NOT G GUNDAM CONFIRMED: So many punches to the face! Like, literally every time the Titans said anything to Bright, they punctuated with physical assault, which should be illegal, except these guys are like the A-LAWS, I guess. I guess. I dunno. They're probably infinitely better than them. Bright looks kinda weird in this, what with his eyes not having sclera in a show where everyone else's eyes do.

Kamile is a damn fool who just up and allies himself with the first ride out of town or something. I'm supposing that Shinn Asuka is supposed to be based on him, what with their shared hatred for good guys and immediately joining up with the villain after a Gundamjacking.

Also, Bask Ohm. He was briefly in Stardust Memory, though I paid him no mind there because I didn't realize he was going to be a recurring villain. He was just a smug bastard there, and now he's a smug one here.

Something I like about the older Gundam shows is that not everyone is fit or beautiful. Oh, sure, there were fat guys in Gundam AGE, but they weren't like Bask here, with his multiple chins. They were just an excuse to simplify the already simple design process by putting faces on circles. Bask's gross neck is amazing in that you don't see guys like that in shows like Gundam 00 or AGE, or even SEED.

FMP! 2

Enter Gauron, the main villain of season 1. Ali Al Sachez shares his stubble, crazy eyes, and love of custom red mecha, but Gauron, unlike Sachez, is capable of speaking without growling every two seconds. One of the creepier aspects of his introduction is in fact the nonchalant way he shoots a KGB officer in the head in one scene, and walks by a little girl in another. Of course, Ali doesn't have the added depth of Gauron's creepy pedophile nature, so he doesn't ever seem to have the ability to be charming and polite.

In fact, I'm not sure Ali Al Sachez is capable of talking below a dull scream.

In any case, this episode also introduces us to one of the more interesting points of FMP: The Cold War is still in full swing. This doesn't mean much till The Second Raid, but by the point of Sigma it's an important facet of
Andrei Kalinin's character
, as well as
the incorrect timeline element of the plot.

We also get all the explanation we'll ever get out of Kyoko for her camera fetish "I guess so." There's several fourth wall breaking moments that the show will altogether ditch by the end (though in fairness, having characters glance at the viewer and smirk would be rather dissonant with The Second Raid's tone). And also several blink and you miss it moments. Namely, Chidori has a sister who is still alive according to the info-sheet Gauron and Mithril have; and one of the students in class was reading what looked to be a naughty magazine. IN CLASS.

lolmark

Has anyone preordered the Amisports Cycling jerseys off of Amiami?

Is it weird that I used to think that the dudes that rocked the anime button-up shirts in high school were dorks, yet think that cycling jerseys with your favorite waifu is cool?

Something is wrong with me.

Kamile is a damn fool who just up and allies himself with the first ride out of town or something. I'm supposing that Shinn Asuka is supposed to be based on him, what with their shared hatred for good guys and immediately joining up with the villain after a Gundamjacking.

But Kamille went against the villains and immediately joined up with the heroic freedom fighters.

You can't blame him for going against the Titans.

Kamille = best Gundam protagonist. (With apologies to Domon and Amuro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom