• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I like her because she is like Iori from IM@S mixed with Dekomori from Chuu2Koi.

I like her because GAP LOVE.

Jugg6uLl.jpg

Blast of Tempest 24 (end)
tumblr_mke7e1pLkL1rpccmgo3_250.gif

Excellent swift conclusion to the battle of the trees and anime overall. So much screentime to everyone and extensive Mahiro Yoshino fun and touching moments really worked to make it one of the best anime endings in awhile. Battle was really well done with
Power of believe and being together and then even a powerful attack from Nekkimura (his clothes were blown off wow)

Easily along with K of last season's premiering anime for being right on my top 10 anime list ever and will definitely get whenever Aniplex America releases here (I guess in 2014). Mahiro was easily the best character and Yoshino too whenever they were together so much good moments. Aika must also be commended, one of the best female characters in a while. The soundtrack is also amazing with every song being memorable. 10 / 10

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Blast of Tempest 24 (end)
tumblr_mke7e1pLkL1rpccmgo3_250.gif

Excellent swift conclusion to the battle of the trees and anime overall. So much screentime to everyone and extensive Mahiro Yoshino fun and touching moments really worked to make it one of the best anime endings in awhile. Battle was really well done with
Power of believe and being together and then even a powerful attack from Nekkimura (his clothes were blown off wow)

Easily along with K of last season's premiering anime for being right on my top 10 anime list ever and will definitely get whenever Aniplex America releases here (I guess in 2014). Mahiro was easily the best character and Yoshino too whenever they were together so much good moments. Aika must also be commended, one of the best female characters in a while. The soundtrack is also amazing with every song being memorable. 10 / 10

Glad we can agree on some of these points.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Friends Club Fin

Xb3d7jHl.jpg

No, just no. I'm not letting you get away with this Sorata/Pet Girl level bullshit, light novel author-san.

You can only earn a cathartic moment if I trust you to actually evolve your characters beyond their original premise. You can only lampshade yourself and be self-aware if I believe that you are, to use an overused hashtag, committing to a #gamechanger.

But light novel author-san, I don't trust you. Nothing in this show indicates that you are anything other than one of hundreds of guys trying to keep a premise going for as long as possible by repeating the same cycle of bullshit over and over again.

Your moment of self-reflexive honesty didn't disarm me or make me believe that the show would finally acknowledge the problems of its premise. It disgusted me, it angered me, that you would try to manipulate me with your cheap melodramatic tricks into believing that Kodaka and the rest of the club are actually going to change.

So no, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You don't get to pretend that your characters have the emotional depth of real human beings but keep them static and in their original packaging like an obsessed otaku who buys ten copies of the same figure in order to keep nine of them in mint-condition. Despite it's absurdity, Kotoura-san earns its moment of catharsis in its finale. Despite it's banality, GJ-bu and even Seitokai no Ichizon earns their moments of catharsis in their finales. You, light novel author-san and series director-san, by trying to ride the line between the two extremes, have produced nothing by an empty shell of a series, pandering to the lowest common denominator but satisfying no one who expects even a spark of life, creativity, imagination, joie de vivre in the media that they consume.

So thank you. You managed to create something that isn't as vile as Sword Art Online, but something that feels much more empty and hollow.

Haganai NEXT 12

I like to imagine Rika is channeling her inner firehawk rage in this episode and it was awesome.

Eh, first half was pretty pointless and I still feel like the whole confrontation could have been better.
Especially how nothing was still really resolved.

Well I guess with Vol.9 being indefinitely delayed, there won't be anymore seasons of this show at least wwwwwwwwwww.

kayos90

Haganai NEXT 12

I like to imagine Rika is channeling her inner firehawk rage in this episode and it was awesome.

Eh, first half was pretty pointless and I still feel like the whole confrontation could have been better.
Especially how nothing was still really resolved.

Well I guess with Vol.9 being indefinitely delayed, there won't be anymore seasons of this show at least wwwwwwwwwww.

I guess I'm not watching this last episode. lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should have just read the manga, firehawk-san.
Unless the manga is throwing out the novels and just going in its own direction, I can't see how it would be any better.

That sounds like it's worse than SAO.
That's the thing, SAO still sets the low bar for being a piece of shit, but at the very least I believe that Kawahara has such a limited world view of humanity that this is how he sees human relations. I'm sure he's off pining for his own Asuna to save from an evil rapist anyway.

Haganai went from generic and somewhat pleasant pseudo-harem in S1 to something that was essentially plot for twelve episodes in S2.

Metrotab

Banned
Windy Tales - 12

This show nails its atmosphere every time. It's so ridiculously good. It's beyond my comprehension how enjoyable watching this show is.

The scene where granny talks about her old days is the kind of scene I consume media for. It's very short, very poignant, but everything about it is perfect.

I can't wait to see the finale next week. If it goes well, this show will have been the best thing in Backlog Season by far. Head and shoulders!

kayos90

Haganai went from generic and somewhat pleasant pseudo-harem in S1 to something that was essentially plot for twelve episodes in S2.

Isn't this what happens in almost all harem animes though? Or maybe I just don't know enough about harem show/entertainment for me to know since I don't read/watch them at all.

Jintor

But even shitty shows can be fun. This doesn't even hint at fun times. It just looks so forgettable.

Oh, I was just commenting that the entertainment market doesn't act in the same way as a traditional market does. I suppose the difference is that we shouldn't assume the entertainment market functions in the same was due to the dearth of rational economic actors (in that quality, being largely subjective for fiction, is less important to a product's success than other factors).

Isn't this what happens in almost all harem animes though? Or maybe I just don't know enough about harem show/entertainment for me to know since I don't read/watch them at all.

Well S1 was basically best girl wars.

S2 is instead discovering the protag is useless and the show doing nothing to solve any of that.

7Th

But Kamille went against the villains and immediately joined up with the heroic freedom fighters.

You can't blame him for going against the Titans.

Kamille = best Gundam protagonist. (With apologies to Domon and Amuro)

Loran is less neurotic. And looks better in a dress. He clearly is the best Gundam protagonist.

wonzo

Banned
Ai-Mai-Mi 13 END

aimaimi13.jpg

This time, it wasn't a screw in the tuna. ;_;

Puchimas 64 END

puchimasu64.jpg

scrubmade 'till the very end. eternally owned

cajunator

Banned
That sounds like it's worse than SAO.

Nothing is worse than SAO.

Clearly you need to watch all the harem animes before commenting, little mascot-kun.

Oh, I was just commenting that the entertainment market doesn't act in the same way as a traditional market does. I suppose the difference is that we shouldn't assume the entertainment market functions in the same was due to the dearth of rational economic actors (in that quality, being largely subjective for fiction, is less important to a product's success than other factors).

Anime is a very special (and completely broken) market. It exists on the precipice, waiting for someone to simply give it a flick into the abyss.

Haganai NEXT 12 (END)

iksVLGFJzPeNx.jpg

Here's Rikka in nekomimi...I guess. Fuck this show.

This show is just a disappointment, I really don't have much to say since a lot has already been said. It could have been much better if it stayed as the tasteless but somewhat humorous comedy-harem whatever.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Haganai Next 12:

RIP firehawk12, killed by the neighbor's club by unwanted penetration into his yaoi hole.

So it was
''please buy next light novel'' ending.
Predictable but sad. Well maybe we will get third season sometime in billion years.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 27: First Battle

~ In truth, it's hereafter that his talent will be tested. ~

This episode was all about Julian, who apparently has a knack for space combat. Him blowing up a cruiser was pretty impressive.
I liked seeing Merkatz simply observe Yang Wenli's leading style. I have a sense this will be important.
On the Imperial side, Premier Reinhard has been enacting several societal reforms, Lenin-style. To be honest, if there was ANY character who could replace Kircheis, it's Hildegard. Will be interesting to see her interactions with the Premier.
Season 2 got off on a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom