• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

In all honesty all the characters in Haganai are detestable. Rikka is the closest person that I would come to enjoy being in the show.

Well, Rikka is the one that notices that things are stagnating and also that tries too hard.

They really overdid Sena x Kobato and some of the bullying so Meat went down. Yoroza, well Yoroza has always been evil.

Naruto Shippuden 306
tumblr_mke16eD0vM1rkcpjvo1_500.gif

The feelings of nostalgia with all of team seven. Even just the other characters when they were all fun and stuff back then, well they still are. Neji and his odd personality issues and such, so much difference between part 1 before the Sasuke Retrieval and what not to the current Shippuden place in this great war. Naruto was absolutely hilarious this episode and both he and Sakura going behind Neji's back made me laugh. Good filler flashback.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 016
Hypocrites. All of you. So much for toying with a maiden's heart when you manipulate a gentleman's soul.
If I were SDBurton I would believe Toei is trying to tell me something.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 27: First Battle

This episode was all about Julian, who apparently has a knack for space combat. Him blowing up a cruiser was pretty impressive.
The thing about Julian is that he's basically the goddamn Batman of LotGH.

CorvoSol

GTO 35

This episode is the source of that one GIF you've all seen of the bride smiling and having horrible teeth. It comes as a terrible gag at the end of the episode. The rest of it is a heartwarming tale of the child of hot teen mom coming to grips with the fact that his mom is now a hot 20-30 something and might still get married. It's kinda nice seeing how Onizuka's cast grow up under his ostensible tutelage. Actually, Onizuka himself doesn't always do teaching, sometimes he's just along for the antics.

Theonik

Sailor Moon 23
This episode delivered on faces again unlike the previous one, though not the best of the series so far. Sulk Usagi is bound to be useful in the near future. This episode also proves that
Jadeite does indeed have a heart after all!
Way to explain things Usagi!

This is only tangentially related, but seeing the word "America" and "Sailor Moon" in the same paragraph made me think of the wonder that was the proposed American version of Sailor Moon.

Watch. Enjoy.
Be sure to also look at those in case you are curious about it. Basically some leaked cells from that pilot that made their way to eBay a while ago.
http://sailormoonnews.com/category/toon-makers-sailor-moon/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Girls and Panzer 3

Yukari is awesome. New driver is awesome. Everyone else sucks.

This show is hilariously weird and awesome at the same time. Hyped about the fight.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 03

Random attacks? In my garden? Kuroko and co are on the case!

I have to say I did feel bad for the culprit as this all came about from
a shallow, dickish boy who played with her fragile maiden heart. Fear not young one, find the true path and enjoy eternal happiness! Your days of mistakes are over!

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar 35

So in this episode, the kindly Japanese Govt. has imparted their Super Robot Technology to well, everyone. It doesn't sound like a good idea, but I suppose that it was part of the deal with the UN to get approval for the Space Station. The Security Council probably saw to it that not actually everyone got that tech anyway.

Unfortunately, China DID get it, and being Communist China, they go and weaponize the damn things. More than they already are. Granted, if I were China and I knew about America having the Mic Sounders unit, poised to attack anywhere on Earth from space at any time, I would probably be in a rush to develop some weaponized super robots of my own.

Oh, and Mamoru spent most of this episode in a funk because he thought he wouldn't be much help to GGG anymore. Volfogg busted him out of that funk and then DROVE OVER THE SEA OF JAPAN.

jbug617

Banned
Haganai Next 12

What kind of BS ending was that. It's not even a normal harem ending. I enjoy this show but this is basically asking for more episodes. I'm not aware of the material so I guess they didn't have any answers yet.

Rika establishes herself as the best girl.

Kotoura San 12
Well its over, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. It ended on such a great note for the characters.

I guess the mother wasnt so bad afterall

Nafe

Well, the Germans tried blimp cruise liners... until one of them blew up into a ball of fire and killed everyone on board. lol

I do find it funny though... someone wants to rebuild the Titanic and start cruises... but would anyone redo the Hindenberg?

Oh yeah, the Titanic II I think it's called right? Talking about how things fly reminds me of those big planes, I think called the Airbus A380 from looking it up, and they can hold like 550 people and have a dual layered cabin. It kind of makes you wonder how something like that could fly or just how powerful the engines must be. Not to mention the fuel costs...

I skipped the first podcast for now but listened to all of the second one because it was about what you guys were watching. Some stuff I could follow along with such as Tamako Market or Vivired Operation but others I had no clue what you were talking about since I'm not watching them. With you guys talking about Saki I'm surprised you didn't bring up Chihayafuru as far as the shows you wanted to quickly touch on. Unless you felt there wasn't much to discuss or already knew the other guys weren't into the show or something.

I kind of want to go to the fourth one now based on the quick written preview where it ends with firehawk learns something so shocking it almost stops the show! haha.

Yay!

Is no one else looking forward to this, even a little? :(

I'll probably end up watching it.

Anyone else think Rika is awesome

beside being cute?

Nipaa. Haha.

I do actually. I kind of like where the show went with her character.

No, Aika is the best character. Trolling all the way to the end.

Haha, exactly. duckroll gets it.

FUCK I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT HER. Yes. Aika is the best character. Then Yoshino. I don't know how the hell I forgot.

Me neither. :(
Even if she wasn't present, she's technically been one of the main plot points of the entire show.

Hakkenden Eight Dogs of the East 12
hakkenden_by_tristtrist-d5zm6zh.gif

Amazing episode on multiple fronts. This whole Kohaku arc was really well done and worked good for emotions, developing backstory and showing new sides to multiple characters. Shino is so good in both normal and 18yo form, struggle to decide which is better, and everyone falls for him, Genpachi still and Sousuke as usual. Too bad Genpachi didnt see.
So glad he got back to his normal form, and we saw the human forms of the fox spirits, great.

7Th

@Neo-Ranga 1-11

Actually better than I expected; the concept is interesting, the direction is consistently solid and the visuals are pretty inspired. It's also filled with 2D car animation.

He dropped it in ep 14 in there, but I remember he had like a two page long diatribe about the finale that was some of the funniest shit I'd ever read. At least I think that was hawk.

Try looking in one of the winter threads. Just look up when an episode aired and hunt around for posts on that day.

CorvoSol

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 66

Stop trying to fool everyone.

This is basically top decking expect you had to raid one of the Saint Seiya's closets and give the act of drawing a card a cool name.

A cool name you stole from G Gundam.

Mobile Fighter God Gundam 35

MY GUNDAM HAS A HORSE, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. I mean, SERIOUSLY, could Master Asia be any more over the top awesome? His name is MASTER. People call him "The Undefeated of the East." HIS GUNDAM HAS A HORSE. A HORSE. No wonder Neo Hong Kong cheers for him every moment he's around. The man is just AMAZING. DID YOU SEE HIS MUSTACHE?

Oh my gosh, and then it was Neo MURICA vs Domon, and Domon pulled some crazy Split Image Slice out of his butt to counter Chibodee's Falcon Machine Gun Punch. AND CHIBODEE WENT SUPER SAIYAN. YES. The only bad thing was in this episode I realized Allenby's Mobile Trace Suit has Tidus pants and HIGH HEELS built into it. Nevermind the Sailor Moon bow. Guh, I hate you Allenby, why couldn't you be cool, like Rain? Or Bunny?

Speaking of Bunny, I'm almost certain there was a metaphor for sex during Chibodee's training sequence this episode. The girls faces were shown one by one, praising Chibodee, and then between each one it would flash back to Chibodee arching backward in bliss. Then, at the climactic moment, he shot fire from his hands. Long, hot streams of it.

I'm not saying the whole scene was a euphemism for the girls having sex with Chibodee to get him out of his funk, but the whole scene was a euphemism for the girls having sex with Chibodee to get him out of his funk.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
He dropped it in ep 14 in there, but I remember he had like a two page long diatribe about the finale that was some of the funniest shit I'd ever read. At least I think that was hawk.

You should just ask him. He probably has it archived.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12
Man, that really didnt feel like an ending to a series. Its practically screaming Season 3.

Vividred Operation 12 (END)

It'll either be the greatest or the worst thing of all time.
Vivid Red will totally be made with Akane kissing Rei in some sort of weird "darkness plane" inside of the final boss
. I need this shit immediately.

I know this was absolutely predictable, but I called it!

There was no better way to end what was such an entertaining yet completely dumb show. Vividred had a lot of issues such as awful pacing, lack of decent character development, a fair amount of QUALITY, and a very limited soundtrack (though the ones that are used in battles are totally sweet). But that didn't stop it from being an absolute joy to watch every week (except episode 9) while also putting butts in your face.

Now all I want is my Strike Witches S3, hurry up!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12
Man, that really didnt feel like an ending to a series. Its practically screaming Season 3.

And it'll happen probably. Well... maybe. Weren't the sales not so good?

From what I hear they're near where the source material currently is stopped. I don't know for sure because I haven't read it, but I hear this went through book 7 or 8.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A cool name you stole from G Gundam.

Mobile Fighter God Gundam 35

MY GUNDAM HAS A HORSE, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. I mean, SERIOUSLY, could Master Asia be any more over the top awesome? His name is MASTER. People call him "The Undefeated of the East." HIS GUNDAM HAS A HORSE. A HORSE. No wonder Neo Hong Kong cheers for him every moment he's around. The man is just AMAZING. DID YOU SEE HIS MUSTACHE?

Oh my gosh, and then it was Neo MURICA vs Domon, and Domon pulled some crazy Split Image Slice out of his butt to counter Chibodee's Falcon Machine Gun Punch. AND CHIBODEE WENT SUPER SAIYAN. YES. The only bad thing was in this episode I realized Allenby's Mobile Trace Suit has Tidus pants and HIGH HEELS built into it. Nevermind the Sailor Moon bow. Guh, I hate you Allenby, why couldn't you be cool, like Rain? Or Bunny?

Speaking of Bunny, I'm almost certain there was a metaphor for sex during Chibodee's training sequence this episode. The girls faces were shown one by one, praising Chibodee, and then between each one it would flash back to Chibodee arching backward in bliss. Then, at the climactic moment, he shot fire from his hands. Long, hot streams of it.

I'm not saying the whole scene was a euphemism for the girls having sex with Chibodee to get him out of his funk, but the whole scene was a euphemism for the girls having sex with Chibodee to get him out of his funk.

If you think that's all that makes Master Asia awesome, boy are you in for a shock. Also Master Asia's Gundam's Horse is piloted by a horse if I remember right. Dude's the godfather of modern swag.

CorvoSol

If you think that's all that makes Master Asia awesome, boy are you in for a shock. Also Master Asia's Gundam's Horse is piloted by a horse if I remember right. Dude's the godfather of modern swag.

Yo dawg, I heard you like horses, so I put a horse in your horse?

Gundam 00 S2 10

OH COME ON. Anew Returner? WHY CAN'T THEY NAME ANYBODY IN THIS SHOW? Anyway, Sweel is apparently a nation. And also Princess Marina Ismail! Is like, the laziest Gundam Princess ever. Like, seriously. Soooo lazy. And all this Sumeragi back-story better be leading up to an awesome naval battle. Oh, and I'd say Tieria is into Ribbons, except I don't even know anymore if either of them are the same sex, or opposite sexes, or have sexes at all.

SAJI STAY THE EFF AWAY FROM SOMA. SHE'S TOO GOOD FOR YOU, BAD HAIR-DO ASIDE.

Patrick Kholisour is the most underrated guy on the show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Girls und Panzer] 11
Drama, tension, and more importantly a real sense of conflict. Basically, everything that Ginga e Kickoff! has failed to do with a real sport.

Also, I don't know if it's just the three extra months of production time, but even the CGI tanks have stopped being distracting aside from a few shots involving Miho sticking her head out of the goddamn vehicle. You stupid girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom