• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/x7E7LcgCQ=kSwygQb6/browse/item/97974/4/0/0

Another was licensed too? Could the industry finally be licensing all the fun stuff again? Is this happy squee fun time for all? I can't keep up with all the licensing and release news anymore.

Another was licensed while it was airing. Too bad we dont get
81yODwBU6ML._AA1500_.jpg

The interesting point is that it serves as a moment of self-signification.
Considering it's only children that refer to themselves in the third person, having Rika use some form of "I" should be a form of earth shattering character development/growth.
Instead, I don't believe anything has changed whatsoever... to the point where I didn't even notice that "drop" at all.

And, we'll never know now either way wwwwwwwwww

I like how it's rating TV-M... also, I'm curious to see what Viz's releases are like.

The fact that they couldn't even dump in the OVAs makes me think that they aren't interested in trying either though.

Well, it doesn't look like they are tossing in the specials either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/x7E7LcgCQ=kSwygQb6/browse/item/97974/4/0/0

Another was licensed too? Could the industry finally be licensing all the fun stuff again? Is this happy squee fun time for all? I can't keep up with all the licensing and release news anymore.

Not until [insert a hundred different series here] get a release.

Who the hell gets a boner for EA?

There's a first 1st time for everything.

cajunator

Banned
Easy way to keep up with all of the licensing news:

Assume Sentai has licensed everything.

I think you're onto something sir.
I've no idea HOW they can afford all this shit and I don't care. but I will support it!
Sentai you clumsy stupid lazy crazy fuckers, I love you. Even if you are too ashamed to admit you are still ADV at heart. Be my waifu.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 017
Sailor Moon did it first probably applies to every fucking anime premise ever.
This is the kind of toy that doesn't make much sense in this world full of cellphones and other electronic gadgets.
That awkward moment when you realise that Mercury's left glove is wrongly-coloured for a few frames during the Bubble Spray stock footage. Now I'll never unsee it! >___<

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear's Cafe 50 END

polarbear50.jpg

It ended just as it began, in an incredibly relaxed and heartfelt way. I'm really gonna miss how relaxing this is each and every week, from the nice and upbeat music to the inoffensive single-tone-shading for all the characters and how that mixes with the idyllic backgrounds. Oh, and I can't forget the wonderful bunch of OP's and ED's which really put most other series to shame with just how varied and creative they all are. It'd be a real shame if the new project doesn't turn out to be a new season as this is without a doubt, one of the most refreshing and unique anime series I've seen in quite some time.

Watch it.

cajunator

Banned
What a terrible world we live in.

At the very least, we should see Crunchyroll/Sentai stream/license everything again.

There's nothing wrong with licensing a ton of shit as long as they don't overspend to do it.

Sailor Moon did it first probably applies to every fucking anime premise ever.

This is the kind of toy that doesn't make much sense in this world full of cellphones and other electronic gadgets.

That awkward moment when you realise that Mercury's left glove is wrongly-coloured for a few frames during the Bubble Spray stock footage. Now I'll never unsee it! >___<

Mad Pierrot pointed this out and I never noticed it before that.
His punishment should be making the Precure OT.

HYOUKA FINALLY

girllockholmes.jpg

They will license everything EXCEPT Hyouka.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Utena]
This is as bad as when I noticed Anthy's glasses disappear for a few frames when she's
pulling a sword out of Utena's chest
in the Akio Ohtori/Apocalypse sagas! Now I can't watch the fucking thing without getting distracted by it every single time!

cajunator

Banned
This is as bad as when I noticed Anthy's glasses disappear for a few frames when she's
pulling a sword out of Utena's chest
in the Akio Ohtori/Apocalypse sagas! Now I can't watch the fucking thing without noticing it every single time!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nafe

You know, I remember when those Airbuses were in the news, but I haven't really heard anything about them since. The market for premium flying probably just doesn't exist these days, considering how much space you must be losing if you want to throw in a dining lounge and other amenities.

They're also not really designed for long term travel in mind though. Transatlantic flights took around a week for the Hindenburg, and I don't know what kind of person would want to spend that amount of time on a plane without being paid to do so. lol

I know we talk about Chihayafuru in a later episode, although I don't remember which one.

The shocking reveal is really silly though. I think it was something I must have subconsciously known but never thought about and when it came up, my brain just popped. lol

Season 3 in 5 years. lol

Yeah, I haven't heard anything really about them for awhile either. I think some 747s were dual layered but have since scaled back to one or are still in use but used for cargo instead of passengers to make better use of the space.

The 15 or 16 hour flights sound bad enough that I don't know if I want to even think about a week.

Haha, yeah I figured it would probably be something silly, like say you might read here in the thread.

wonzo

Banned

I actually noticed this for the first time a couple of days ago. lol

cajunator

Banned
If that's what it would take for it to gain widespread appeal, give it a stupid name!

I would appreciate hidef Misaki and Chitanda in a yukata. NOt really sure what the holdup is, but I suspect it has to do with its marketability and the cost of licensing it since it is relatively high profile KyoAni.

Aqua Lion EVOL 16

SUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

So this show somehow found a way to show some character the events of the original Aquarion which I'm only vaguely familiar with. Needless to say, it was one of the most ridiculous things ever.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rated M for Maru.
Or upside-down M for Wan?

And, we'll never know now either way wwwwwwwwww
Oh, I'm fairly confident that the author wanted that to be an emotional megaton. lol
But I just expect 0 payoff. The fact that there isn't even another book means it probably doesn't matter anyway I suppose.

Well, it doesn't look like they are tossing in the specials either.
I think I'm done with barebones releases at this point unless it's something extremely special.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything really about them for awhile either. I think some 747s were dual layered but have since scaled back to one or are still in use but used for cargo instead of passengers to make better use of the space.

The 15 or 16 hour flights sound bad enough that I don't know if I want to even think about a week.
That's the thing, if they could provide the cruise experience but on an air vehicle, some people might enjoy that. Who knows. lol

Haha, yeah I figured it would probably be something silly, like say you might read here in the thread.
It's not anime related at least!

----

Vividred Operation fin
I liked the show a lot more when I thought it was Fringe and not crazy existential space alien baby jesus... and of course it just ended in a very bland way, much like Rinne's ending come to think of it.

But hey, at least that battle/transformation theme is pretty good, so that's something?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Actually not true; I think I went through the whole first season without noticing :lol

This is possibly due to me reflexively falling asleep for a few seconds whenever anything Sabão Spray-related would occur.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 3

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG HOLY COW. So the Titans are like, blatantly evil, and it's depressing to see BRIGHT NOA lick their boots, but man, I gotta hand it to them for coming up with an incredibly devious plan. Put the kid's mom in a pod, and tell the soldier firing at the pod it's a bomb. DANG. HOT. DANG.

So Kamile has just signed up for like, ten to thirty episodes of insanity, based on Gundam Law. Kid is a total ass, though, and I don't feel any sympathy for him at all. I mean, your poor mother is in a pod with a thin layer of glass between her and the abyss of space, and do you say anything kind? No, you whine because mom is "following" you, even though she's there against her will. And all this happened because you picked a fight, then stole a Gundam, then GAVE THE GUNDAM TO CHAR AZNABLE. Well, okay, I mean, Char is understandable, he's CHAR, but the rest? COME ON. Your mom is dead, and it is entirely your fault, Kamille. Your arrogance, foolishness, and just all around being a prick lead to this. THREE EPISODES IN.

The most haunting part is that we see her talking, screaming, and we'll never know what she was saying.

Oh, and can we talk about how silly it is, momentarily, that EVERYONE knows it's Char? It was one thing for Amuro to think that, since he'd run into Char several times and it had ALWAYS been that way, but for every damn person out there to see a fast-moving, red mecha and think it's Char is kinda silly. I mean, has no one ever painted their mecha red aside from Char? Jeez, I mean, if I were a Zeon remnant the FIRST thing I'd do would be paint my Zaku red and strap some boosters onto it. I mean, really. I know he's famous, but COME ON.

Still, show is off to a really good start here, and I'm anxious to see how this whole Titan's thing blows out of proportion.

Haganai Next end Da Fuck?

How the hell am I supposed to take this ending? Let's count the oddities that shouldn't have formed into coherent developments.

-Rika turns into a last boss, complete with a typical back and forth between friends-turned enemies
-In addition, this really is a last boss. There's fuckin action with a degree (albeit small) of physical malicious intent from one side.
-An incredibly important (for character development) past event that involves a living, regular character was compared to a current event of a DIFFERENT, rival character. The way this was highlighted in the ED was even more nuts. YOU DON'T DO THAT WITH LIVING CHARACTERS.
-Yozora, originally the front-runner for winning girl, up and leaves. The end!
-Kodaka still doesn't have a yaoi hole.

I don't know what happened, but clearly the LN author is just fuckin around at this point. He/she isn't only trying to subvert harem tropes, but also shuffle them around to the point where our expectations have been ground up and sprinkled over every dense harem protagonist out there.

Will watch another season.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've wanted to watch it for years because it looks like the sort of bizarre, obscure bad-sci-fi millennium-era show I really dig. Simulwatch pact?

Y'know what? Let's do it. I've been putting this off for over a decade, and honestly watching something 10+ years old will be a nice change of pace.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Y'know what? Let's do it. I've been putting this off for over a decade, and honestly watching something 10+ years old will be a nice change of pace.

Cool. I should be able to start some time Sunday, possibly before.

Come to think of it I could have gotten all of the volumes of this series at a dollar store when I was a teenager (the sign of an ULTIMATE BOMBA) but I passed. I always kind of regretted that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Cool. I should be able to start some time Sunday, possibly before.

Come to think of it I could have gotten all of the volumes of this series at a dollar store when I was a teenager (the sign of an ULTIMATE BOMBA) but I passed. I always kind of regretted that.

Cool, Sunday it is, then.

Also, random bit of trivia, apparently Betterman takes place in the GaoGaiGar universe. Kinda weird.

I completely forgot about Betterman after episode 7. Kind of want to go back and finish it, but it got REALLY boring at points. Didn't help that I was having more and more trouble going back to pre-digital era stuff at that point. Don't know what I'd think of it now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Cool, Sunday it is, then.

Also, random bit of trivia, apparently Betterman takes place in the GaoGaiGar universe. Kinda weird.

Every now and again I'll begin watching something without knowing that it's a spinoff of something else and it's always an interesting surprise. For instance, I watched the first episode of Ray: The Animation a couple of months ago, and it apparently takes place in the Black Jack universe. Bizarre stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Actually not true; I think I went through the whole first season without noticing :lol

This is possibly due to me reflexively falling asleep for a few seconds whenever anything Sabão Spray-related would occur.

I was pretty sure it was you who pointed it out. May have been someone else but I'm almost certain.

Only Americans like the dub better than the sub.

I like the dubbed version, just not the voice actor himself because he's a dirtbag IRL. but thats stuff between him and some of my friends so I wont bother discussing it lol.

I've wanted to watch it for years because it looks like the sort of bizarre, obscure bad-sci-fi millennium-era show I really dig. Simulwatch pact?

Have you watched Kiddy Grade? Because you damn sure should watch Kiddy Grade.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haganai Next end Da Fuck?

How the hell am I supposed to take this ending? Let's count the oddities that shouldn't have formed into coherent developments.

-Rika turns into a last boss, complete with a typical back and forth between friends-turned enemies
-In addition, this really is a last boss. There's fuckin action with a degree (albeit small) of physical malicious intent from one side.
-An incredibly important (for character development) past event that involves a living, regular character was compared to a current event of a DIFFERENT, rival character. The way this was highlighted in the ED was even more nuts. YOU DON'T DO THAT WITH LIVING CHARACTERS.
-Yozora, originally the front-runner for winning girl, up and leaves. The end!
-Kodaka still doesn't have a yaoi hole.

I don't know what happened, but clearly the LN author is just fuckin around at this point. He/she isn't only trying to subvert harem tropes, but also shuffle them around to the point where our expectations have been ground up and sprinkled over every dense harem protagonist out there.

Will watch another season.

I really have no idea how to take your reaction to the episode. lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OH SNAP. Does it reference any elements of GaoGaiGar, or is that just trivia?

Apparently they both share some recurring characters. At least, that's what Wikipedia tells me.

Also, the only worry I have with watching Betterman is that it's definitely not the kind of thing I'm into these days. I tend to gravitate more towards the comedy/slice of life kind of stuff these days (as if anyone hadn't noticed that :lol). So I really hope I don't get bored with it. I'll try my best though. Here's hoping it's good (or at least enjoyably bad)!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Have you watched Kiddy Grade? Because you damn sure should watch Kiddy Grade.

It's about a thousand places back in the backlog. I'm actually mostly interested in it just to get to the recent Kiddy Girl -and, whose very existence seems so anachronistic given that the sub-genre niche that it panders to died out years ago that I kind of want to see it just for that
and, of course, because it's probably entertainingly awful

cajunator

Banned
I remember an advert for that in my Cowboy Bebop DVD's I got around a decade ago.

I think that is on my old CB DVDs too. Probably the same incredibly old set. Not that awesome set with the CDs though. Still kicking myself to this day for not getting that. But it was a good while ago before I built up any substantial savings. If it were released today I would buy it without thinking twice.

cajunator

Banned
It's about a thousand places back in the backlog. I'm actually mostly interested in it just to get to the recent Kiddy Girl -and, whose very existence seems so anachronistic given that the sub-genre niche that it panders to died out years ago that I kind of want to see it just for that
and, of course, because it's probably entertainingly awful

Please don't watch Kiddy Girl And. I like you too much to allow you to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom