• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Akibaranger S2 4

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
iZm37KuxWzlXZ.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

We'll get more glorious ass and boobs shots.

And Red posing for the BL doujin of Yellow... *dead*
The whole episode was fantastic.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1-8
I wasn't sure how I'd respond to this, but I'm enjoying it. Obviously it is still early, but I like it more than Penguindrum so far. The repetition and reused animation is actually less tiresome than Penguindrum's poor structure and obnoxious overuse of flashbacks. The pacing is slow, but I don't mind it thus far, and am eager to see how wacky this gets. I don't really think this is a show to marathon, so I'll probably take it slow.

BluWacky

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1-8
I wasn't sure how I'd respond to this, but I'm enjoying it. Obviously it is still early, but I like it more than Penguindrum so far. The repetition and reused animation is actually less tiresome than Penguindrum's poor structure and obnoxious overuse of flashbacks.

Utena uses a lot of flashbacks, but I suppose it doesn't signpost them like Penguindrum's train bulletin boards did.

Structurally, of course, Utena adheres to a fairly repetitive template, rather than Penguindrum's more longform narrative. It's a much tighter show as a result.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 40-53

RIP Arlong.....Park. As for Arlong himself....as long as I don't that see that motherfucker for like another 50-100 episodes, then I'll be fine with the fact that he wasn't killed. And now Luffy finally has a bounty on his head. And what a large bounty it is. At least that bit of news managed to bring back some old faces for only a brief moment. Except for Jango....where's Jango, dammit?!

As for the return of Buggy and the pirate chick whose name I couldn't even spell right if I tried, I gladly welcome their presence in the current story line, especially Buggy. I really do like him and his desire for revenge against Luffy. And a good thing that the pirate chick ate a Devil Fruit so she wouldn't look like an annoying, fat bitch. Now she can be a smooth, hot bitch :p

And there's finally a Marine that actually sounds awesome in the form of Captain Smoker. And I love his Devil Fruit power. Just wish I saw more of it in action when he fought Luffy. That Dragon fella, I'm sure it won't be long before I know more about him.

Regarding the female swordsman....hope she has an interesting backstory cause I find her to be pretty meh at the present moment.

And what the hell kind of a name is Apis anyway? I'm sure it will all makes sense as the gang heads to the Grand Line with the Marines and enemy pirates hot on their trail.

Also, I'm not really digging the 2nd OP

You should really skip the Apis arc. It's filler and even creates a minor plot hole. Just jump right to episode 60.

Defuser

Akibaranger season 2 ep 4

h93PUPV.png

My god, another excellent episode.
I kinda guess right Yumeria got married when she appear in episode 2 and her interrupted announcements she wanted to make. Poor Akagi will never find love except for Aoi-tan. The bondage scene is funny and with super akiba red is glorious. Interesting way to put a spin on the armor lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Majestic Prince 5

This really is a dumb show. I suppose it's not insane like Valverave, so by that measure it's also the worse of the shounen mecha boy nerd shows this season.

I hope Yoshida is just doing this for the paycheck and is busy working on something else anyway, because god damn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I must admit its more the latter haha, clipping at the actual manipulation software ain't this easy.

Its less smoother though, but really ideal for such like anime or funny vids.
Well seeing as the best results from the usual methods required more work than people would want to put into it (btw I've been playing around and I think I've improved on my quick mask method) so something like this is ideal. I've always been willing to help people put gifs together so it's nice to see something so user friendly available.

BUT!

Most people don't realise that they are posting 569MB gifs and GIFCam doesn't exactly offer many options. Without any editing whatsoever resaving that 7.6MB Hidamari Sketch gif that was posted yesterday with pattern dither knocked off over 1MB and reducing the colours to 128 2MB. Reducing it to 500 pixel in width will help even more and Bob's your uncle with little effort the GIF is becoming more manageable, but GIFCam doesn't have these features.

When you look at the GIFCam thread you'll see many who don't see the problem with a 12+MB GIF. But they are narrow minded and only considering the one file. They don't consider the fact that it isn't the problem with the one GIF but the fact that it can be multiplied by over 100 (every person posting a GIF or two with 100ppp) depending on the thread so you could end up with over a gig in GIFs potentially if people don't keep their sizes down.

I digress sorry.

Jex

Ah, my DVD has finally arrived. What America can teach Japan about honor:

This is a movie for which spoilers should be avoided at all cost. Just plunge in head first with no prior knowledge.

Narag

Well seeing as the best results from the usual methods required more work than people would want to put into it (btw I've been playing around and I think I've improved on my quick mask method) so something like this is ideal. I've always been willing to help people put gifs together so it's nice to see something so user friendly available.

BUT!

Most people don't realise that they are posting 569MB gifs and GIFCam doesn't exactly offer many options. Without any editing whatsoever resaving that 7.6MB Hidamari Sketch gif that was posted yesterday with pattern dither knocked off over 1MB and reducing the colours to 128 2MB. Reducing it to 500 pixel in width will help even more and Bob's your uncle with little effort the GIF is becoming more manageable, but GIFCam doesn't have these features.

When you look at the GIFCam thread you'll see many who don't see the problem with a 12+MB GIF. But they are narrow minded and only considering the one file. They don't consider the fact that it isn't the problem with the one GIF but the fact that it can be multiplied by over 100 (every person posting a GIF or two with 100ppp) depending on the thread so you could end up with over a gig in GIFs potentially if people don't keep their sizes down.

I digress sorry.

Post should be in the next OP along with other tips to reduce file sizes.

Thoraxes

I'm kinda horrified. :(
I hate all of you. :(
Yes... Yeeeeessssssss-

It's either me or Thoraxes. I haven't changed mine in years now.
Thoraxes had the reflected mouth version for a time.
oh yeah I remembered but its still the same bear.
I actually have two bear ones too, but he never changes.

We gotta keep fighting the good fight Defuser!

Nazuna is my favorite because she integrates all of my favorite things, including Goddess Chiaki Omigawa, into one character.

There's an image I wanted to post here from Honeycomb of max cuteness, but I feel like you need to experience it first to keep the impact the same.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ah, my DVD has finally arrived. What America can teach Japan about honor:

This is a movie for which spoilers should be avoided at all cost. Just plunge in head first with no prior knowledge.

I may just not know the words, but the katakana on the cover looks like jibberish.

ZetaEpyon

So apparently episode 11 of Sentai's Kids on the Slope release has only the left-channel of the Japanese audio track, and they have no plans to fix it or replace discs.

Fair warning to anyone thinking of buying it, I guess...

So apparently episode 11 of Sentai's Kids on the Slope release has only the left-channel of the Japanese audio track, and they have no plans to fix it or replace discs.

Every time I feel tempted to buy a Sentai release because they've got something I really want, something like this happens. Oh, why did they have to be the ones to license Colorful?

Narag

What a shit company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom