• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moretsu Pirates - 22

3RstjTa.png

Their ship is super OP. What the hell is up with that
ship's speed?
:lol

Theonik

Man, ever since I changed my avatar everybody has been avatar quoting me.
image.php

Twins are my favorite characters in the cast.
I'd have thought you'd have preferred the shota! (speaking of the shota the English dub calls him "a male lolita" *barf*"
Though I can see the twins too.

You see the girls in the club? The ones that go after class every day to get some tea? They are you. The host club is duping you.
I'm positively flabbergasted at this clever ruse.

Solune

OOooo. Looks like:

TWGOK S3
Monogatari
Blood Lad
Inu to Hasami
Silver Spoon
Danganronpa
Brothers Conflict
Genshiken
Kimi no Iru Machi AKA Suzuka 2 (should I wait for this or even think of picking the manga back up after putting it on hold?)
maybe some of the movies (still reading through them)
maybe Brother Conflict cause idkidgaf

Hype level: XBox One

Kimi no Iru Machi is bad, but if you'd like to subject yourself to Seo, sure.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade 8

A CHARACTER IS NAMED TWEEDLE DEE.

Cajun I can't take seriously a guy named Tweedle Dum. I can deal with a dude named Cesario, and ladies named like, Lumiere and such, but Tweedle Dum? Iunno. So the guy's getting called Tweed and the girl is now Dee. Awwwww, Lumiere's little drones are adorable!

Gasp is the Chief in on it!?

Ships in this show remind me of the Gekko from Eureka Seven.

BLADE WOLF!!!!! RAIDEN MUST BE HERE, TOO!!

Question! Are Tweed and Dee meant to be Chinese? They're wearing stereotypical Chinese clothes, and they both have black hair and red eyes. Which is question number two: are Chinese always red eyed in anime? Sai Saichi of G Gundam was, and the Assassin Sisters of FMP!. Gauron wasn't, but he wasn't actually Chinese.

Jintor

Much Ado About Nothing

A Midsummer's Night Dream, I love it because of how out there it is compared to his other works and also nostalgia since it's one of the first plays I had seen.

I don't think novel is the right term for them. "Romeo and Juliet" (kinda why I'm watching Romeo x Juliet right now) and "the Comedy of Errors" for me, if you don't mind me picking a tragedy and a comedy of his.

In retrospect, I should probably have linked to the post I was referencing.

Personally though I love The Tempest. Mainly because of Propsero's speech near the end. Midsummers has a fucking excellent Puck monologue though.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Tenumi

Banned
Yuyushiki: 07

Some butts were harmed in the making of this episode

So much yuri this episode. This show is truely the sleeper hit of the season, especially for anyone who like slice-of-life series.

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 6

Uh, no, girl, Captain Bright's offer was the exact OPPOSITE of "you can travel with us in space." I believe he made it very clear that this was only until "we leave the colony." Don't you listen?

"So you'd hit a man's face!?" Uh, Judau, usually its considered bad form for a man to hit a woman. Fa, awful as she is, slapped you, which is okay because you were being a bitch and also this is a mecha show and you are the protagonist. You get to pilot awesome mecha, but you also have to be hit in the face with some regularity. THESE ARE THE RULES.

Here's why Char's and basically every Spacenoid's craptacular "Gravity Shackles the Soul" rhetoric doesn't make sense: without gravity, the human body grows funky as hell. How is it that these people have never even felt gravity? Zeon pilots are always like "NOOOO GRABBIDY! NOOOOO!!" The fact that things fall down is the undoing of the entire Principality of Zeon. No wonder they suck so freaking much. Well, that and their horrible, worst idea ever, need to build stupid, useless, stupid, not cool, uninteresting, stupid, waste of an episode mobile armors.

How dumb are these Zeon guys that they don't realize that the Zeta and Argama took part in a major battle like, last week, and aren't in any condition to be fighting?

Nevermind, they're Zeon.

This show is special.

Articalys

Nisekoi has the lead color page in the June 3 issue of WSJ and is teasing "big news". Combined with the website registration, that's a good sign of a greenlit adaptation.

The character song included with the final Sword Art Online BD volume is basically an ensemble song called "Sing All Overtures" with Kirito and his entire harem (Asuna, Leafa, Yui, Silica, and Lisbeth).

The Devil Survivor 2 The Animation first volume BD art is kinda dizzying.

Articalys

Sales Rankings for May 13-19

Blu-ray
1, 10,724 *10,724 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.6
2, *5,894 364,610 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
3, *2,851 **2,851 Tamako Market vol.3
4, *2,058 **2,058 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vol.3
5, *1,398 *34,406 Girls und Panzer vol.4
6, **,773 ***,773 Kamisama Kiss vol.6
7, **,601 **5,139 Seitokai Yakuindomo Kaettekita OVA
8, **,495 *18,418 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.2 Limited Edition
9, **,470 *34,176 Girls und Panzer vol.3

DVD
*1, 4,257 156,478 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, 1,492 **1,492 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.6
*3, 1,437 **8,146 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.5
*4, 1,092 **1,092 Kamisama Kiss vol.6
*5, *,566 *17,568 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja Limited Edition
*7, *,462 ***,462 Tamako Market vol.3
*8, *,444 ***,444 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit-hen vol.10
10, *,410 *44,027 Wolf Children
13, *,351 *60,728 MS Gundam UC vol.6
16, *,296 ***,296 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vol.3
17, *,279 **8,969 New Prince of Tennis vol.7

And as previously noted, the documentary on JSDF tanks with Girls und Panzer narration sold 16,283 in its first eight days (14,796 in the main seven counting for this past week, since it went on sale on the 12th), ranking first on the overall weekly DVD charts.
Also:
Since people who bought all three of the Yoku Wakaru! Jieitai DVDs (for Ground, Air, and Maritime Self-Defense Forces) received a free Kizuna ~Kizuna no Kioku documentary about the Self-Defense Forces' response to the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster, the other two DVDs ranked in the top 10 also. 10 photograph panels of the Type-10 tank, autographed by Yukari's voice actress Ikumi Nakagami, are being given away by random drawing to buyers of all three DVDs.

----------------------------------

CD Singles (again, new stuff only, full list here)
*2, 115,074 115,074 Kakumeiki Valvrave OP "Preserved Roses"
*4, *26,118 *26,118 Uta no?Prince-sama? Maji Love 2000% character song "Idol Song: Otoya Ittoki"
*7, *12,881 *12,881 Danchi Tomoo ED "Katamoi. ~Linaria~"
10, *11,605 *11,605 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S ED "Grow Slowly"
11, *10,926 *10,926 Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Second OP "Kagami no Dual.ism"
13, **8,555 **8,555 Karneval ED "Reason"
23, **3,836 **3,836 Tiger & Bunny Single Relay Project Circuit of Hero vol.3 "I'm 'King of Hero' / Seishun Honesty"
43, **2,013 **2,013 Shirokuma Cafe ED "My Dear"

Asobi ni Iku Yo 4

iwEbf3pcsyjaT.jpg

Never heard that one before.

If there's not an actual cult dedicated to the infatuation of cat ears and tails, then I'm going to be severely disappointed. Said cult even has an army of maid super soldiers (I'm just going to call every girl in this show a super soldier) which they use to kidnap the beloved nekomimi goddess. Decent episode which lacked most of the cat cast and Tom Selleck, but at least sexy doctor cat made an appearance.

*2, 115,074 115,074 Kakumeiki Valvrave OP "Preserved Roses"
*4, *26,118 *26,118 Uta no?Prince-sama? Maji Love 2000% character song "Idol Song: Otoya Ittoki"
*7, *12,881 *12,881 Danchi Tomoo ED "Katamoi. ~Linaria~"
10, *11,605 *11,605 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S ED "Grow Slowly"
11, *10,926 *10,926 Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Second OP "Kagami no Dual.ism"
23, **3,836 **3,836 Tiger & Bunny Single Relay Project Circuit of Hero vol.3 "I'm 'King of Hero' / Seishun Honesty"
43, **2,013 **2,013 Shirokuma Cafe ED "My Dear"

I guess all the Idol Song for UtaPri sale in the same range. Ittoki's Horizon is my favorite one

Nisekoi has the lead color page in the June 3 issue of WSJ and is teasing "big news". Combined with the website registration, that's a good sign of a greenlit adaptation.

The character song included with the final Sword Art Online BD volume is basically an ensemble song called "Sing All Overtures" with Kirito and his entire harem (Asuna, Leafa, Yui, Silica, and Lisbeth).

Looking forward to the Alcor cover, ah and Keita one and Daichi.

Ew, ugly. I'm surprised he isn't wearing his bunny hood up.

Good numbers. Nice to see there's a steady amount of buyers for all them idols.

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyo

The absurd mystery comedy centers around Kazuhito Harumi, a high school boy who is obsessed with reading books. One day, he is killed in the middle of a robbery - and resurrected as a dachshund dog. Unable to read in his new form, the hapless Kazuhito now belongs to Kirihime Natsuno, a sadistic novelist who uses scissors on Kazuhito to abuse him.

I've suddenly become very interested in this.

Articalys

Well, I guess Funimation wants to make sure that anyone shelling out the extra $15 or so for the Guilty Crown limited edition is getting their money's worth:
This limited edition includes two 108-page full-color artbooks containing concept art, character designs, creator notes, and other exclusive illustrations.
Now for the fans to hope for a perfect encode...

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 21

Half a day since Yamasaki is gone and Satou's delusions are acting up again.

Looks like revolutionising the industry of moe VNs with your bro isn't such an attainable goal after all.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moretsu Pirates - 23

ChiakiPout.gif
m5QNxUM.png

Some adorable pouting and delicious okaasan

I figured
Grand Cross would show up when they were making their way to the pirate hideout. Shit is about to get reeeeeeal!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Pretty smart on their part.

Maybe they can hypnotize people into thinking the show doesn't suck.

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 11

Oh wow that got steamy there.

Kinda felt bad for Hakazawa in Tue end, and I actually understand why she did what she did with Tsubaki. Still doesn't make all the lying and everything else she did okay, but it looks like she'll be fine.

Urabe in the end scene was amazing. She really is a mysterious and unique character.

Articalys

They're not Sentai.
Well, okay, yeah, Funi is more competent, but they've had some minor issues here and there. Maybe everything they've done in the last year or so has been perfect; I haven't really been paying attention.
It's far less likely that there'll be anything noticeable though, that's true.

CorvoSol

Code Geass R2 5

No way in hell would that woman be permitted to wear that outfit in a British Imperial Boarding School. Just no way.

Articalys

Aiura 07

Poor little brother-kun.
Saki was resting/sleeping in his bed two days in a row. Ain't nothing poor about that.
Putting up with Kanaka as a sister is a small price to pay for this.

---------------------------------

Still too early for summer list. Ask me again when there are more PVs up.

CorvoSol

It's surreal watching Lelouch engage in High School Hijinks with
the man whose love he murdered in cold blood
and
the girl whose father he murdered/mind he erased for personal gain

What's the correct term for someone who seems totally normal on the outside but is actually a psycho murderer on the inside? Cuz Lelouch is that.

And how much fanservice can Kallen provide us with?

If this scene is meant to show us that Lelouch couldn't
keep up with Euphemia
I disagree. He's outsped by three athletes and only passed by Milly, who is roughly the same build as
Euphemia
and also in high heels, when he stops. If anything, this proves he could have
caught up with Euphemia
since he was moving faster than Milly until he stopped.

But all of this isn't worth considering, because
Euphemia was on the ground when the order started, and Lelouch could and should have kept her there.

and

What's the correct term for someone who seems totally normal on the outside but is actually a psycho murderer on the inside? Cuz Lelouch is that.

I don't recall much more Kallen fanservice from this point on, so I think you're safe.

I assume you haven't seen the end of that episode yet. Brace yourself.

Well, okay, yeah, Funi is more competent, but they've had some minor issues here and there. Maybe everything they've done in the last year or so has been perfect; I haven't really been paying attention.
It's far less likely that there'll be anything noticeable though, that's true.

Most of Funi's problems this past year was just delays of their releases due to the fear of reverse importation on the Japan side.

trejo

and

Maybe you've done so before but I would still like you to explain how you came to the conclusion that
Euphie's death was somehow all a carefully planned part of Lelouch's grand strategy of evildoing
. Because, y'know, it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom