• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karneval Episode 7 "THE MERMAID'S SIGH" AND THE THREE KNIGHTS
tumblr_mn6esvgVsV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The creator always gives them good outfits, I wish we saw Gareki's outfit while he was in bed in the scene before the suggestion to do this parade, but beyond that, all the rest were really good, especially Yogi's. The Yogi Gareki thing is really the funniest part and the best part, angry Gareki and happy go lucky caretaker Yogi, and their daily punch. I had never realized how much shorter Gareki is compared to Yogi.

Fun episode with the story. Ready for more. I wonder if at the end of the season theyll do a Hakkenden and announce a S2 for fall...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Minecraft: The Anime Romeo x Juliet 15

Romeo, so idealistic. Why were you put in charge of this mine again; why weren't you just sentenced to work and not being in charge?

Oh well, hopefully the Romeo the Miner arc is done.

CorvoSol

Code Geass R2 5

Last minute of the episode.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is well played, very well played. Ahahahahaha. If only you had turned her into a boy, like in
Vision of Escaflowne.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass R2 5

Last minute of the episode.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is well played, very well played. Ahahahahaha. If only you had turned her into a boy, like in
Vision of Escaflowne.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I was waiting for you to get this episode...I was hoping for a bigger response :(

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 73: The Imperial Order at the Garden of Winter-Roses

~ That's why, because Kaiser Reinhard is a brilliant ruler, he is the worst enemy of republican democracy. ~

And that's it: the Free Planets Alliance is no more. It was a long time coming, but without Yang Wenli, and the death of Bucock, no more skilled men were left in the highest echelons of their government. Reinhard solidifies his grasp on the universe, and becomes the autocratic ruler of all of humanity.
Except for one small Gaul town named El Facil, and its military fortress of Iserlohn...

CorvoSol

I was waiting for you to get this episode...I was hoping for a bigger response :(

What can I say? They saved it for the very last second, and I don't know enough about it yet. I can only hope that this was Suzaku's idea and not King Quaker's, because if it was Suzaku's it would be just so deliciously cruel, so wonderfully just, and so completely fitting to use
Lelouch's sister to hurt him
after Lelouch
used his other sister and hurt Suzaku.

I want it to be that so badly. I want this to be Suzaku's doing. I want the White Knight to go full on drenched in blood to get revenge on him for what he has done. So badly.

My next thought is that,
Nunally or not
, Lelouch isn't going to give up being Zero. And he isn't going to stop fighting Britannia. He's going to go and he's going to destroy and maim and kill and it will cost him
his sister
and we will be meant to care, as if it's some sign of the bad guys crossing the line or something, but it won't be.

Nothing, and I do mean nothing that Suzaku does now is not justified. Literally every last thing he could to do hurt Lelouch is justified. He is the Count of Monte Cristo, and Lelouch is Mondego. While Suzaku had to suffer, knowing the man who robbed him of everything he loved lived, Lelouch got to go back to playing at school, having Shirley again, and living out his carefree life. Even know that he gets to have his Revolution again while things bore him at school, Suzaku has to smile and shake the hand of the motherfucker who stole his world.

So I say to hell with it. It's time for some good, old fashioned revenge, and Suzaku is going to do it in the biggest and best way possible.

I want
Nunally to die
and I want it to be Lelouch's fault. I want it so, so bad. Even if it happens at Suzaku's hands, it will still be Lelouch's fault. If he'd just stayed down and never used C2's powers, he could've avoided all of this.

That's what I want.

Full Metal Panic! Sigma 3

So Captain Sailor, from the Submarine Arc of FMP! is aboard the Pacific Chrysalis, and since the boat's been hijacked by terrorists, he's ready to play Die Hard. Oh, and Tessa is dressed as a Meido. Also Kaname and Sousuke come PAINFULLY CLOSE to holding hands. PAINFULLY CLOSE describes all physical contact in their relationship.

If he was on Lelouch's side in the show, the response would have been much bigger.

But since he's not, he's all:
0utgB.gif

This was actually my expression. I was all "AW HELL YISS, MOTHALOVA. IT IS PAYBACK TIME."

K-On! 7

The bonds of sisters is exploited this time, displaying how Ui is a good girl and how well they fit together, what would Yui do without Ui? She'd just be a Y.

Sawako is the most depressing person on the cast obviously, but I'm surprised Nodako still appears as much as she does. Can't wait for Ui to join up with everyone.

Next episode, HuzzAzusa

cajunator

Banned
Asobi ni Iku Yo 4

If there's not an actual cult dedicated to the infatuation of cat ears and tails, then I'm going to be severely disappointed. Said cult even has an army of maid super soldiers (I'm just going to call every girl in this show a super soldier) which they use to kidnap the beloved nekomimi goddess. Decent episode which lacked most of the cat cast and Tom Selleck, but at least sexy doctor cat made an appearance.

This isnt the first alien catgirl army in anime.
research UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.
the catgirl maid has a gun that turns girls into catgirls. Its pretty awesome. I know you would love it.

K-On! 7

The bonds of sisters is exploited this time, displaying how Ui is a good girl and how well they fit together, what would Yui do without Ui? She'd just be a Y.

Sawako is the most depressing person on the cast obviously, but I'm surprised Nodako still appears as much as she does. Can't wait for Ui to join up with everyone.

Next episode, HuzzAzusa

Sawako is pretty different in reality than she comes off in her real introductory episode. And Ui would be pretty lonely without Yui.
This is actually a plot point in an episode in season 2

lsslave

Jew Gamer
OT question here, a few days ago someone on GAF posted about some Space Opera show that was older I was piqued in. Can anyone remember what that was? Because I certainly can't :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Good grief, Ms. Valetta's swimsuit can't even be called buttfloss because it's so skimpy it doesn't even go up her butt.

She's the only reason why I consider Geass not to be a complete waste of my time. :lol

=========================

Moretsu Pirates - 24

VovBocY.png
dOk4xpW.png

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She's supposed to be her?!!! I mean I can tell by the hair now but HOLY SHIT! :D

Kiddy Grade 8

Question! Are Tweed and Dee meant to be Chinese? They're wearing stereotypical Chinese clothes, and they both have black hair and red eyes. Which is question number two: are Chinese always red eyed in anime? Sai Saichi of G Gundam was, and the Assassin Sisters of FMP!. Gauron wasn't, but he wasn't actually Chinese.

The concept of "chinese" doesn't really exist with the kiddy grade world lol.

But yeah that was without a doubt what the initial design intended with those clothes.

Also there are examples of chinese characters without those traits ( code geass ? )
But it's a common used concept.

CorvoSol

But yeah that was without a doubt what the initial design intended with those clothes.

Also there are examples of chinese characters without those traits ( code geass ? )

Actually, now that you've reminded me, Code Geass does it, too. The Eunuch doesn't look it, but he's a Eunuch. His man-at-arms, though, has the black hair, red eyes, and old-school chinese clothing.

Huh, I guess I never realized before that Red Eyes were a chinese thing in Anime. I wonder if Shinn and Setsuna were supposed to be Chinese, or if I can continue believing their race was Bullshit, of Clan Bullshit.

And Chinese DOES exist in Kiddy Grade, because they were talkin' 'bout eating Chinese in one episode.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Romeo x Juliet 16

"Heh...even a golem would ache for her." You got that fucking right, Francisco, oh god my heart.

God, Hermione, you're a fucking bitch, just give it up already.

What can I say? They saved it for the very last second, and I don't know enough about it yet. I can only hope that this was Suzaku's idea and not King Quaker's, because if it was Suzaku's it would be just so deliciously cruel, so wonderfully just, and so completely fitting to use
Lelouch's sister to hurt him
after Lelouch
used his other sister and hurt Suzaku.

I want it to be that so badly. I want this to be Suzaku's doing. I want the White Knight to go full on drenched in blood to get revenge on him for what he has done. So badly.

My next thought is that,
Nunally or not
, Lelouch isn't going to give up being Zero. And he isn't going to stop fighting Britannia. He's going to go and he's going to destroy and maim and kill and it will cost him
his sister
and we will be meant to care, as if it's some sign of the bad guys crossing the line or something, but it won't be.

Nothing, and I do mean nothing that Suzaku does now is not justified. Literally every last thing he could to do hurt Lelouch is justified. He is the Count of Monte Cristo, and Lelouch is Mondego. While Suzaku had to suffer, knowing the man who robbed him of everything he loved lived, Lelouch got to go back to playing at school, having Shirley again, and living out his carefree life. Even know that he gets to have his Revolution again while things bore him at school, Suzaku has to smile and shake the hand of the motherfucker who stole his world.

So I say to hell with it. It's time for some good, old fashioned revenge, and Suzaku is going to do it in the biggest and best way possible.

I want
Nunally to die
and I want it to be Lelouch's fault. I want it so, so bad. Even if it happens at Suzaku's hands, it will still be Lelouch's fault. If he'd just stayed down and never used C2's powers, he could've avoided all of this.

That's what I want.

Full Metal Panic! Sigma 3

So Captain Sailor, from the Submarine Arc of FMP! is aboard the Pacific Chrysalis, and since the boat's been hijacked by terrorists, he's ready to play Die Hard. Oh, and Tessa is dressed as a Meido. Also Kaname and Sousuke come PAINFULLY CLOSE to holding hands. PAINFULLY CLOSE describes all physical contact in their relationship.

This was actually my expression. I was all "AW HELL YISS, MOTHALOVA. IT IS PAYBACK TIME."

See this is the response I was looking for.
You'll probably be disappointed at the start next episode though

Your reaction at the end of this season will be fucking glorious, do not disappoint me.

cajunator

Banned

They do look very chinese. I actually took them as such when I watched it.
kind of ambiguous though.
and 'dledum is a crazy cool name.

wonzo

Banned
Speaking of which, I guess there were screenings recently for The Drifting Classroom movie he directed, too. Obayashi + Umezu = Fuck Yeah

Trailer. Want pretty hard.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Not only is there a The Drifting Classroom movie but it's also directed by Nobuhiko Obayashi? A fucking Umezu work adapted by Obayashi?

HOLY

FUCKKK

I NEED THIS NOW

And Chinese DOES exist in Kiddy Grade, because they were talkin' 'bout eating Chinese in one episode.

Well food stuff and culture stuff does persist ( like the clothes they are wearing ) but i'm pretty sure that CHINA is long gone.

It's been a while since i've watched kiddy grade but i'm pretty sure that the concept of countries vanished on "earth" ( the planet )

This isn't a spoiler BTW , you just need to invest a lot in the background stuff to know about that fact.

Moretsu Pirates - 24

She's supposed to be her?!!! I mean I can tell by the hair now but HOLY SHIT! :D

The truth behind every female hacker in anime

Railgun 06

God damn they're doing a good job of this. I was originally worried it would be a boring rehash of the events in Index, but this is proving to be much better.

They did a good job of 9982's death, considering how important that moment is for both Railgun and Accelerator's future character development. Had really good music, and the cold ending only made the feelings of dread greater.

I hope they continue to get the ambivalence right in future episodes; the happy slice of life bits, with the dark and gruesome truths that Railgun discovers.

cajunator

Banned
Well food stuff and culture stuff does persist ( like the clothes they are wearing ) but i'm pretty sure that CHINA is long gone.

It's been a while since i've watched kiddy grade but i'm pretty sure that the concept of countries vanished on "earth" ( the planet )

This isn't a spoiler BTW , you just need to invest a lot in the background stuff to know about that fact.

The truth behind every female hacker in anime

Countries dont exist but ethnicities still do.

Finished episode 7 of Attack on Titan a few days ago. It is the best anime I've seen in a while, totally loving it.

About to start Otona Joshi. Hoping I like it.

Kiddy grade has a weird setup.
how would you word it?

To answer that accurately i would need to watch it again since it has been a long time since i've watched it and some things are getting blurry in my mind.

The setup is not complicated once you have the backstory and the powers make sense Overall.
It's sci-fi yet simple.

This is actually one of the more makes-sense-to-me 'beautiful all alongs'. Although given the prodigous amounts of snack food she eats, it's a little off.

She is a pirate , she exercise regulary , even if it's less frequent that the others.
And besides this is future snack food so you can find lots of escuses there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Dresden

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Not only is there a The Drifting Classroom movie but it's also directed by Nobuhiko Obayashi? A fucking Umezu work adapted by Obayashi?

HOLY

FUCKKK

I NEED THIS NOW

Hope there's a way to see it at some point. Being relegated to stone-age tech isn't fun.

Jintor

I was kinda shocked too.
although that is far from the first character with swirly glasses who ended up being attractive.

Well, you only ever see her crouched behind the console in those weird robes and the glasses hide 50% of her face, and her hair stuck up (although BSP is pretty goddamn weird about hair anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom