• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Whining about gaming consoles becoming less about games got old in 2000.

I reserve the right to make complaints, no matter how trite and dated.

Full Metal Panic 01
Something something robots. Something something RIP Hind-D. Something something hightschool girls. Gonzo CG!

Yeah, the CG is definitely the weak-spot of the series. Even when KyoAni takes over it looks bad. At least the mecha aren't CG!

OceanBlue

Oh, cool, backlog season.

I can't tell whether I'm happy at the lack of any interesting shows because it means I don't have to worry about uncertainty and waiting regarding licensing and localization, or upset because no good shows in the upcoming season means I might not have anything to watch 2 years from now.

You guys aren't even interested in Silver Spoon? Dangan Ronpa? Gachaman Crowds?

Mature

You guys aren't even interested in Silver Spoon? Dangan Ronpa? Gachaman Crowds?
I'll certainly be giving them a look, but by what I can judge by the book's cover, I'm not especially interested in any of those.

I somehow missed C3-Bu. My eyes try to avoid Neo GAINAX at all costs.
Oh, and I'll watch this. I feel like my recent classic Gainax watchings coupled with this will appease my disgusting masochistic tendencies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I literally feel like killing myself watching the last few minutes of the fifth episode of Aku No Hana...

I'm almost afraid of what episode 7 has in store for me!

CorvoSol

Slayers 14

Forgot to mention that Lina brought up having a sister last episode. I believe her sister is supposed to be something of a running gag in the series. Colonel Sanders makes an appearance in this episode, offering chicken to the starved Lina and Goury, who are on the run from Vrumugun and Zangulus.

Vrumugun's kinda lame, and he never does anything but float, while Zangulus at least engages in some fancy sword fighting aboard the raft, reminding me simultaneously of FFVI and Revenge of the Sith.

Metrotab

Banned
Summer list:
- Free!
- Highschool DxD S2 (yes yes yes!)
- It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular

Love Lab sounds like it was literally grown in an anime lab.

I literally feel like killing myself watching the last few minutes of the fifth episode of Aku No Hana...

I'm almost afraid of what episode 7 has in store for me!

Aku no Hana is a great show, but probably not worth killing yourself over!

Really though, it displays a high mastery of the art of creating tension and unease, especially with the music and sound.

Tenumi

Banned
Future Diary: 20

j3P4B15.jpg

I couldn't decide if this quote or this one was better. So I screen-capped both.

Things got serious this episode
The Eighth added her server diary to the Eleventh's server thingy, and now everybody pretty much has a diary. In addition, Eleventh's diary allows him to peak at everyone's diary.
Talk about overpowered.
Poor Nishijima, though. Proposes to the Ninth, and later sacrifices himself for her. The Ninth loses a hand to a claymore mine. In the last minute of the episode, Yukki finally appears, and looks like he's really stepped up his game.

This is getting intense. Things are coming to a head soon, and I can't wait to finish this one.

Kurita

Future Diary: 20

I couldn't decide if this quote or this one was better. So I screen-capped both.

Things got serious this episode
The Eighth added her server diary to the Eleventh's server thingy, and now everybody pretty much has a diary. In addition, Eleventh's diary allows him to peak at everyone's diary.
Talk about overpowered.
Poor Nishijima, though. Proposes to the Ninth, and later sacrifices himself for her. The Ninth loses a hand to a claymore mine. In the last minute of the episode, Yukki finally appears, and looks like he's really stepped up his game.

This is getting intense. Things are coming to a head soon, and I can't wait to finish this one.
The background in the second shot looks... real.

Mature

I was just about to say that. Did they just take a photo, lay down her animation and then put in some generic aftereffects for the muzzle flare? It looks kinda bad.
I haven't seen minute one of Angel Beats, but that muzzle flare in that Future Diary shot is what I suspect it's like.

Theonik

Full Metal Panic 01
Something something robots. Something something RIP Hind-D. Something something hightschool girls. Gonzo CG!

Air Gear 01
This is kind of like Jet Set Radio except not quite as good.

Romeo x Juliet 01
LMFAO. GONZOOOOOOO
Best part was when their CG started to have some pretty crazy cases of pop-in.

Ouran High School Host Club 01
Awesome. Just awesome. And :DTL as fuck but who cares. Definitely will watch more later this month.
I should mention that all 4 of these were dubbed. Which especially for Ouran seemed to remove a lot from it.

I guess I never bookmarked my previous summer list post :( will do it now.

Hyped
Free!
Kingdom 2
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 2

Excited for
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Senyuu 2
Blood Lad

Uchoten Kazoku
Dangan Ronpa

Brothers Conflict (why does she look so bad in that image :/)
Silver Spoon (saw a doujin, good character designs)
Gatchaman Crowds
Senhime Zesshou Symphogear G

I should mention that all 4 of these were dubbed. Which especially for Ouran seemed to remove a lot from it.

Ouran has a good Japanese voice track, especially with Maaya Sakamoto and Mamoru Miyano playing the leads. You should check it out if you can.

Also, it's not really "DTL", since the focus is ultimately on heterosexual romance despite its toying with BL tropes.

CorvoSol

I like the English dub of FMP! Luci Christian is VA waifu of the forever.

Gun x Sword 11

HOLEE COW. Wendy's brother is a massive jerk, but I actually saw him being in league with The Claw coming. After all, back in the town with Bunny and Clat, they had left two, not one ice cream dishes on their table. It'd be odd to give ice cream to a captive, or for a captive to accept it from a captor.

And then Inspector Gadget freaked out on Penelope and told her to go home, which Carmen San Diego did not find endearing.

Theonik

Ouran has a good Japanese voice track, especially with Maaya Sakamoto and Mamoru Miyano playing the leads. You should check it out if you can.

Also, it's not really "DTL", since the focus is ultimately on heterosexual romance despite its toying with BL tropes.
I know. It just happened to be screened to me dubbed. I plan to view it in its original track.
And I do know it ultimately goes on a more traditional direction in terms or romantic interest or so I had been told in the long run.
I was mostly commenting on the fact that every single male caracter on the first episode practically made out with each other!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I know. It just happened to be screened to me dubbed. I plan to view it in its original track.
And I do know it ultimately goes on a more traditional direction in terms or romantic interest or so I had been told in the long run.
I was mostly commenting on the fact that every single male caracter on the first episode practically made out with each other!
You see the girls in the club? The ones that go after class every day to get some tea? They are you. The host club is duping you.

Taruranto

Isn't that the AnimeGAF pre-season mantra?

I thought the last season looked awful at first and i maintained my opinion all through it.

Is Utena really that good?

Yes.

Hot damn. Now, I have three four anime I must watch: Jojo, Mawaru Penguindrum, Hyouka, and now Utena. My backlog is continuing to grow by the day hour. :-(

You should definitely give Utena priority given that 1) it's a classic 2) it's pretty much different from everything else you watched. You can watch Jojo and MP later. Hyouka is a boring turd and definitely shouldn't take priority over anything, let alone a masterpiece like Utena.

Jesus this thread moves fast. I edited my post but will repost this:

Well I have a bit on my plate atm, I'm finishing Hyouka and then checking out K-on, and then probably Joshiraku. Lol and I forgot CJKeats wants me to watch School Days :)

This is the full list of Anime I've watched:

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Sword Art Online (quit around ep 12? not interested in seeing more)
Bakemonogatari
Fate/Zero (also played F/SN)
Madoka

Obscure things that don't get mentioned but deserve to be check out:

Princess Tutu
Toward the Terra
Fantastic Children

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I thought the last season looked awful at first and i maintained my opinion all through it.

Yes.

You should definitely give Utena priority given that 1) it's a classic 2) it's pretty much different from everything else you watched. You can watch Jojo and MP later. Hyouka is a boring turd and definitely shouldn't take priority over anything, let alone a masterpiece like Utena.

Obscure things that don't get mentioned but deserve to be check out:

Princess Tutu
Toward the Terra
Fantastic Children

Is this really obscure? :(

Personally one of my favorite shows.

Fantastic Children sucked bad though. Don't think I've ever watched a less interesting show in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom