• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
To the contrary. I said waaaaay back in episode 22 that there is no line Suzaku can cross anymore, and so far, I'm still holding that. Kallen IS lying to him, and he DOES know it. Using serum during interrogation is a calculated, rational move. Threatening Kallen with it could be enough to get her to talk, but if she doesn't it's just Suzaku doing what he has to do to get Lelouch.

More to the point, Suzaku has been incredibly polite to Kallen up until now. He's known her identity and chosen not to put her down for a good, long while. He's exhausted peaceful channels over a very thorough and lengthy period of time now, and Kallen is still choosing to be uncooperative.

If Lelouch were in Suzaku's shoes, do you REALLY think he'd have been this patient? I don't. He'd have ordered Kallen to speak and then shoot herself or have shot her himself. Suzaku is acting like a goddamn saint in comparison.

yeah but he'd still be stooping down to Lelouch's level with it is the big thing. Yeah, it would work, yeah Lelouch wouldn't hesitate, but you can't have it both ways. Either he constantly takes the high road or he falls here and starts to become more like Lelouch, imo. Lucky for you, he doesn't.

ir7keZpULjvbk.jpg

Mio Brando

cajunator

Banned
Meat pies are pretty damn good though.

Natchitoches mmmeat pies.
the very best!

Cajun, we may not agree on much, but gyro meat, tomato, onion, and tzatziki in a warm pita is one of the best things in this world.

Oh man.
Im getting greek food tomorrow at work.

good lord man i know they have some weird shit in LA, but canned farts?

Oh yes. the very finest canned farts.

They're also called Durians.

I had a Durian Candy once. It tasted like someone farted in my mouth.

Oh god I loooooooooove durian.
it does smell strong.
my friend stupidly brought it to his workplace and gagged everyone.
Durian tastes like very sweet bananas, pineapple, and onion together.

CorvoSol

yeah but he'd still be stooping down to Lelouch's level with it is the big thing. Yeah, it would work, yeah Lelouch wouldn't hesitate, but you can't have it both ways. Either he constantly takes the high road or he falls here and starts to become more like Lelouch, imo. Lucky for you, he doesn't.

Again, I disagree that the administration of this serum would be Lelouch's level. Suzaku would perhaps be sinking, but not to Lelouch's level, not by half. Lelouch murders innocent people at the drop of a hat. Suzaku, on the other hand, is following a standard procedure. He tells Kallen as much before opening the case. Suzaku is doing his job, and is going to GREAT pains to spare Kallen every pain. Lelouch would take and leave her dead. Their actions are fundamentally different, in intent, execution, and with respect to the person being interrogated.

What's more is Suzaku DOESN'T need to take the high road to remain better than Lelouch. I dare say he left the high road behind when
the high road got Euphemia murdered.
All he has to do is kill Lelouch without killing any innocents along the way, and Kallen is anything but an innocent at this point.

Articalys

A New Anime Series is the Focus of Attention! Studio Trigger Shares their Thoughts on the Work [3/3]
TOM: After a lot of hardships, you completed Little Witch Academia, which now can be watched in its entirety on Nico Nico Douga or YouTube. What is your aim in taking this bold step in releasing it to the whole world?
Otsuka: Of course, we’ve thought about merchandising it. On the other hand, we simply strongly wished for a lot of people to watch it.
We felt that as Little Witch Academia went from theaters to paid channels then to TV broadcasting (limited area), in accordance with the widening of the means of viewing, the reaction would be bigger. That’s why we judged that releasing it to the world would be good for making Trigger’s name known to the world.

TOM: What were the reactions like? On YouTube, there are already requests for a next production.
Otsuka: They were better than expected. We have a premonition that the business title of selling software in Japan will cease sometime in the future. To convey Tatemoto’s idea of showing it to people overseas, we released it with English subtitles. We were extremely happy about getting so many comments. At the present, we are devoted to the TV series, so we can’t really do anything about a sequel now. Though, looking at the reactions, we think it’s not impossibl

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't like ice cream Ugh. Unless it's ice cream cake. Hilariously enough, I hate cake unless it's ice cream cake.

The only time in my life that I ever purchased an ice cream cake, it just turned out to be ice cream in the shape of a cake. FUCK THAT

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Again, I disagree that the administration of this serum would be Lelouch's level. Suzaku would perhaps be sinking, but not to Lelouch's level, not by half. Lelouch murders innocent people at the drop of a hat. Suzaku, on the other hand, is following a standard procedure. He tells Kallen as much before opening the case. Suzaku is doing his job, and is going to GREAT pains to spare Kallen every pain. Lelouch would take and leave her dead. Their actions are fundamentally different, in intent, execution, and with respect to the person being interrogated.

What's more is Suzaku DOESN'T need to take the high road to remain better than Lelouch. I dare say he left the high road behind when
the high road got Euphemia murdered.
All he has to do is kill Lelouch without killing any innocents along the way, and Kallen is anything but an innocent at this point.

Just because the terrorist are dicks we should should just hold them indefinitely in Guantanimo too because they're dicks and we do mostly good stuff so we can do some naughty stuff just this once, right?

So if Suzaku can do bad shit for good reasons, why can't Kallen? Correct me if I'm wrong, but while she knows Zero's identity, she doesn't know Lelouch's intentions, right? Like,as far as she knows, she and Zero are still doing their shit for Japan and all that, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom