• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardcaptor Sakura 7

i14oJGeUzpb5a.jpg

God damn Tomoyo, this outfit is lewd as hell. Sneaking into a supposedly high security museum has never been so easy or so moe.

cajunator

Banned
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting in one of these OT anime threads and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for my question.

I want to order one of the upcoming Bandai Figurarts Sailor Moon figures - I think pre-orders start 8th May.

Where do you guys think is the best place to order it from online? (I'm in the UK if that makes any difference)

I usually go with 1999.co.jp (hobby search japan) but you can also try amiami, jlist, plamoya, hobby link japan, or mandrake.

Hating any Hidamari Sketch character is something that modern science is incapable of understanding.

I have no idea how that is even possible. Unless someone hates the whole show.

hnnnnngh <3
best girl

I've been listening the the Heartcatch Precure OP for an hour.

This is your fault Regulus.

ED 2 will own your soul. It will just own your fuckin soul.

Can it really beat lyrics like "Shuffle Colorful Beautiful"?

It can beat everything.

I hate how group projects have unbelievable increases of work load when nearing the deadline. And it's not even my fault.

OreImo S2 - 4

This episode tested my suspense of disbelief at several different levels. Ria-chan is such an unbelievable character.

And this season is hitting dangerously low concentrations of Kuroneko.

Yes. Thats the main problem Im having so far. The show is dangerously bad without Kuro to save it.

Even dressed in formalwear as a special illustration for the upcoming live event, the Vividred cast can't be bothered to put on a damn pair of pants. Well, except for the teacher.

This is the STRIKE WITCHES guy remember? also, girls look cute in hotpants.
Havent you seen Armitage the Third?

Oh, I completely forgot NeoGAF's favorite character:
105427.jpg

King Hamdo is one crazy motherfucker.
He is legitimately unhinged.

Listening to the fantastic Space Brothers OST again, and it makes me wonder -- what other shows have a more "orchestral" soundtrack?

Arjuna, Elemental Gelade, Sora no Woto, Allison and Lillia, Haibane Renmei

Gif-making has changed.

iEG3baHykXsl7.gif

WHAAAA?! I want to try this!

The Mysterious Girlfriend X dub cast list has been put on Facebook by Sentai. Another instance of "Wait, they're doing a dub?" and "I recognize almost none of these names sans a couple."

Oh and ranking:
Gargantia
Aku no Hana
Attack on Titan
Muromi-san

Have yet to start:
Oreimo s2

Dropped:
Maou-sama
Valvrave
MJP

Tiffany Grant still gettin dat work.

To LoveRu 6

Uhh...

I don't think I want to watch any more of this.

I think you do!
Also you havent seen the lewd TLRU show yet.

You cant go wrong with Hidamari gifs. Like ever.

See what you are missing, cajun?

Apparently so. But I dont miss stuff on purpose! I have too much on my list and not enough time.

Time to finish my journey into Arjuna.

Arjuna 12-

feed_me__00609__baby_birds_in_nest_54eba754fcc632aedba6da24aa22ed75.jpg

disappointing.

Arjuna 13-

I'm really disappointed. This was neither as funny or as stupid as I had hoped. It's definitely bad writing but I think the peak was episode 9. I'm just left with this really meh feeling. Doesn't hold a candle to Blood-C which was a masterpiece in this regards. I was really hyped going in to this and had a great gif in mind but it's not worth the time.

The final arc wasn't bad good like episode 9 but just bad.

Also Kanno coming out on top like the Queen she is.

I dont think the show was aiming to troll. It always seemed like a pretty serious effort despite its shortcomings. It came to a rather ridiculous conclusion but I really enjoyed Arjuna. truly.

Time to try this newfangled technology:

Gyopi-chan ga odoru oshiiri furu furi~

H-hhhhh-hnnnnnngggghhhhh
This show is gonna threaten my life all over again!

Cardcaptor Sakura 7

God damn Tomoyo, this outfit is lewd as hell. Sneaking into a supposedly high security museum has never been so easy or so moe.

Actually, it has.

You should watch Saint Tail!

Nafe

K-On! 01:

Trying this for the first time as an act of gratitude toward someone. Mindblowing craftsmanship. The level of deliberateness perceptible in even the slightest movement or gesture, choice of perspective, and every last aspect of how scenes are framed is rare and wonderful. The characters and the spaces they inhabit feel so alive. It's heaven for an expression whore like me. You know, I'm almost thankful that I avoided this series believing it the devil incarnate in my anime hipster days because all of these finer details would have been lost upon me. I don't know whether to burn through the entire thing now or savor the experience. Oh, and something something the girls are really cute something.

It's a shame that, no matter what heights of technical mastery or enjoyability this show achieves, it can never be a 10/10 series because there's a tiny hat in the ED. I'll forgive and look past this unfortunate flaw, of course.

MaPi-tan hasn't seen K-On yet?! I liked the show right from the first episode for pretty much all the reasons you just listed. Personally I took it slow as I wanted the enjoyment to last a bit longer. Like sipping a fine wine or something.

Haha, what are your thoughts on this new tiny hat technology I discovered where they now come with their own bunny ears?

The first season of K-On is not as polished as the 2nd season. I've said it before but even the animation work is different. K-On!! is totally at a different level.

I remember you mentioning this before and a little while ago I saw the fifth and sixth episodes I think it was again. I think it was episode 5 in particular looked kind of rough at times with characters having an almost :wonzo (QUALITY) look to them. The animation might have been good at times too but the art was maybe more like that Aikatsu! Idol show some are watching where the one gif had nice some looking dance animation but the characters looked more like detailed stick figures.

Cardcaptor Sakura 7

I was hoping for the Shadow Card to get used, and it was used pretty well. Pretty cool idea to say the least.

Whole bunch of Silent trolling going about, and Sakura gets another shot at her unrequited love. More than Nagisa did with Fujipi (I can only remember his nickname).

Now I wait as a friend of mine finishes up School Days.

cajunator

Banned
MaPi-tan hasn't seen K-On yet?! I liked the show right from the first episode for pretty much all the reasons you just listed. Personally I took it slow as I wanted the enjoyment to last a bit longer. Like sipping a fine wine or something.

Haha, what are your thoughts on this new tiny hat technology I discovered where they now come with their own bunny ears?

I- I like this....

Cardcaptor Sakura 7

I was hoping for the Shadow Card to get used, and it was used pretty well. Pretty cool idea to say the least.

Whole bunch of Silent trolling going about, and Sakura gets another shot at her unrequited love. More than Nagisa did with Fujipi (I can only remember his nickname).

Now I wait as a friend of mine finishes up School Days.

Catgirl Sakura episode imminent!

Saint Seiya Omega 55
ryuhoagain_by_tristtrist-d63s6uc.gif

Dragon Ryuho's moment was quite good though could have been more exciting like Souma's or Kouga's was. Though still it was great to see and of these new transformations for this season, Ryuho's feels the best (well not as good as Subaru's), it also felt as if his was the longest so far. Why is Wolf Haruto
a rock band singer, where did that even come from? Did I miss this in his backstory, I thought he was from a ninja village

Syrinx

Why do people keep talking about savoring K-ON! like a fine wine. K-ON! is a good, nice wine, but not one that you only pop out and slowly savor occasionally.

Now Fruits Basket...now THAT'S like a bottle of scotch given to you by the first minister of Scotland. That's something you treasure for life.

I need to get better at my booze analogies.

cajunator

Banned
Why do people keep talking about savoring K-ON! like a fine wine. K-ON! is a good, nice wine, but not one that you only pop out and slowly savor occasionally.

Now Fruits Basket...now THAT'S like a bottle of scotch given to you by the first minister of Scotland. That's something you treasure for life.

I need to get better at my booze analogies.

I dont know shit about alcohol but Fruits Basket is amongst the very finest in feel-good animu.

Gundam seed HD remaster - 38

I'm currently watching gundam seed Hd remaster .. since it's the same old thing i'm not outputting impressions in this thread because most of us already know about it.

But i'll make an exception because this ep 38 has some changes ! in particular this scene

Yes this is shiin and her familly fleeing the orb battle.
They went out of their way to include escuses for the destiny prologue in the original anime lol.

Now that i'm talking about this HD remaster it's a mixed bag , they actually nailed most of the scenes that matterred in HD , such as the atlan/kira duels and several key moments are actually much better in HD.
The problem is that in the first Hd remaster episodes they contantly changed from Hd to upscalled SD , leaving suddenly a fog on the screen where the picture was muddy.
I'm actually glad this seem to have disappeared in the late episodes.

Now for those who wander if they should watch gundam seed , i consider it as a very good entry for the franchise...and if you need another reason, well :

1357665998864.gif

Gundam seed HD remaster - 38
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahv

1357665998864.gif

fR6ZSOS.gif

Catgirlcaptor Sakura 8

Clearly this dude likes an elementary student. Or nervous due to the opposite reason. The boy in Sakura's dreams appeared and is the established rival, but I think he's a rival because he also wants Yukito. I mean who doesn't want him at this point? And then we see the costu---

Oh MY GOOOOOOOOD!

Yeeeeeee~! Too bad Shao made Cat girl Sakura feel incompetent D:. She's a grade schooler cut her some slack!

cajunator

Banned
Catgirlcaptor Sakura 8

Clearly this dude likes an elementary student. Or nervous due to the opposite reason. The boy in Sakura's dreams appeared and is the established rival, but I think he's a rival because he also wants Yukito. I mean who doesn't want him at this point? And then we see the costu---

Oh MY GOOOOOOOOD!

Yeeeeeee~! Too bad Shao made Cat girl Sakura feel incompetent D:. She's a grade schooler cut her some slack!

Yep. I warned you!

Also, I tracked down an old pic of my little custom catgirl plushie.

I also apparently made a gif a long time ago with it

GUNDAM SEED HD REMASTER - 40

I wasn't expecting that they remade the entire arc in HD ... there are no sd parts , or any part that are obvious to the eye ...
It's been like 5 eps in a row where the remaster is living up to the potential...
It's awesome.

Gundam_SEED_Phase-40.jpg

The two most broken fighters in the seed universe working together ? The ennemies don't have a chance !

Awesome set of episodes . I hope they will keep it that way untill the finale.

He had to leave the ninja village to become a Saint. It's stupid, but I guess it's supposed to show his attempt at a new life.

Ninja dude is useless and not even fun.
Even yuna has a set purpose in the omega serie ..but haruto purpose is void and null.
His habilities are crap. His backstory unintresting. His introduction late and unwanted. Over the course of 2 seasons he achieved nothing. Even his big nemesis n he wasn't able to defeat it alone.
I dunno who thought he would be a fun character to see . They did nothing of praise with him ( to the point where he just disapear for several episode ) either in plot of fights.

DISAPOINTMENT

Cardcaptor Sakura 8

Neat, what I assume to be a rival has appeared so I guess that means he's here for the whole show? Looking forward to how Li turns out for the rest of the series since he doesn't seem like an antagonist.

OH NO, OH MY GOD. UWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

cajunator

Banned
Son of a bitch. I couldnt resist. now I will have three Kuroyukihime figures. Its turning into one of those character shrines.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10226482

Cardcaptor Sakura 8

Neat, what I assume to be a rival has appeared so I guess that means he's here for the whole show? Looking forward to how Li turns out for the rest of the series since he doesn't seem like an antagonist.

OH NO, OH MY GOD. UWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

And now you will stay up all night looking for cute fanart of Sakura in this costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom