• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Shirobako - 24

Man, what a journey. This episode was cheesy, funny, and heartfelt. Good ending for a good show, and I couldn't ask for more. It's going to be hard to top a lot of the shows of Winter 2015, and Shirobako is definitely going to be up there for me at the end of the year. Great development of everything really, and very insightful to the processes involved with bringing a show to life.

I feel all warm and happy after watching the episode.

Also please make a second season. I really want more of this, and Yano being a badass.

Koufuku Graffiti - 12 [End]

That was a nice way to end things. And with it so does my comfy Sundays.
Besides Garo this has been the show I was most excited to watch every week. It delivered more than I expected it to, especially in the SoL. Let's hope the blu-ray makes it here, I would be all over that.
ituFabw.jpg

Taberu~

Anyways, new pinups! https://yande.re/user/show/188377 I'm not sure how much lewd is allowed so I'll err on the side of caution and let you guys look em up. Or if it doesn't work, I just dumped them on tumblr and you can get someimage links there for pasting here and take the risk: http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/ (I feel dirty like I'm promoting myself, ew).

So educate me here, is that stuff official fanservice artwork by the studio itself or is it just (licensed?) fanart? Who's making money of that?

Thoraxes

Koufuku Graffiti - 12 [End]

That was a nice way to end things. And with it so does my comfy Sundays.
Besides Garo this has been the show I was most excited to watch every week. It delivered more than I expected it to, especially in the SoL. Let's hope the blu-ray makes it here, I would be all over that.
Sentai has the NA rights I believe, so expect them about a year from now. (Not sure what region you're in)

Deadly

Here we go - the internet does not disappoint:

sukRugu.gif
Wow nice catch!
Calling it now, Cross Ange will have a better ending then G Reco, GBF Try and Aldnoah
I didn't watch G-Reco but it did beat Aldnoah.

I'm glad they addressed the ragna-mails actually having fail-safes. The guy made the damn things he better have some system in case they get hijacked! Where did Hilda get a ring? And isn't Tusk the only guy around now?

The montage at the end was cute. The show was certainly entertaining, can't deny that :lol

cajunator

Banned
Okay guys, I have a few series I plan to watch over the next little while, I don't think they're all terrible this time though:

Samurai Flamenco
G Gundam
Grisaia No Kajitsu

I've watched bits of pieces of G Gundam but not the whole thing, watching it with a group of friends.

Grisaia I've seen 3 episodes already, I'm intrigued but I know it will turn to shit.

Samurai Flamenco I haven't seen a thing but it feels like this one could be good.

SamFlam is legit Kavey.

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO:1-12

Cajun, you've done it again. I can't believe I just finished a series about a bunch of little "Magic Girls!" Dammit, my man card is now gone forever into the abyss, I must now walk on some burning coals and drink a 12 rack tonight.

In the end, I'm glad I stuck it out through the final episode since this series was the polor opposite of Madoka in terms of story execution, tone, and world. Yuki Yuna is a Hero had a good story, very likeable characters, and "God bless" that ending, seriously... Amazing, just wow...
Now I have to go back a couple pages and pick from the new recommendations to watch on Crunchy. I must say, the 48 hour guest pass has been great and really shows how good the streaming can be without commercials interupting the stream, and/or crashing it during play several times, having to watch those same commercials over and over again to finally start watching the show again.

Yona for sure, but I'll have to look up at those other save the princess types with a god love story built in as well.

Youre welcome.
Yona is a must see.

We'll still talk about Kill La Kill in 5 years, Rolling Girls will be one of those shows someone pulls out of the dumpster and goes ".....ohhhhhhhhh...." and then it goes back into the dumpster

I cant disagree. KLK is very memorable. Rolling Girls is Chiaya being wasted in a bad show.

Chaika OVA

Well, that was pretty much better then everything in S2.

Still maintain the entire main plot of the show should've just been about Red and White arguing in broken English because that was the best part. Tone of this is a lot better then a lot of S2 as well, show was better when it wasn't super serious and was more about traveling around.

I would seriously watch an entire show of just that.

Ushio to Tora that airs in July has a new key visual up

Cast:
Ushio - Tasuku Hatanaka
Tora - Rikiya Koyama
Asako - Mikako Komatsu
Mayuko - Kiyono Yasuno

Ushio and Tora has a NEW series?

Just finished this as well, there is no way the series ends here. There is waaaay too much material availible for them to use, especially with the
Kanami and Krusky cameos
at the end.. I can't wait until S3, this show is awesome..!
Dont wait too much ...
I heard steins gate be getting a prequel?! im hyped. any other news i missed? its honestly too hard having a job and juggling all the threads i go to lol
it's a sequel actually. and it's not following an happy route given the world line it's going to follow

The problem is they ran out of books to adapt, so to see another season soon one of the following will have to happen

1) The author of the books goes into double over time and starts putting out new books every month

2) The author of the books doesn't care about future seasons spoiling the books, and gives the anime team the upcoming drafts of where the story goes

3) Filler gecko ending/season, which would probably be terrible
1 isn't possible

2 has already happenned, but i'm quite sure LH isn't popular enough to continue this way

3 shouldn't happen, unless they cutties with the author when he was actually quite close to the anime team during both seasons ( unlikely )

Well, the author must have already completed the whole story and all the arcs by now, especially by the way S2 ended. They left the plot wide open with sooooo much room for growth all over the place. Has there been any word on the completion or release of the books? Sounds like the screwed up the release pacing and they should have timed it out much better, lol. It's really going to suck waiting a year + for new episodes of an ongoing series..

You arenot familliar with this author ..what he does is to create and extensive and precise world and then write something within it. the elder tale /log horizon world is defined with more details than you could count but i'm quite sure he hasn't written much past what we've got.

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO:1-12

Cajun, you've done it again. I can't believe I just finished a series about a bunch of little "Magic Girls!" Dammit, my man card is now gone forever into the abyss, I must now walk on some burning coals and drink a 12 rack tonight.

In the end, I'm glad I stuck it out through the final episode since this series was the polor opposite of Madoka in terms of story execution, tone, and world. Yuki Yuna is a Hero had a good story, very likeable characters, and "God bless" that ending, seriously... Amazing, just wow...
Now I have to go back a couple pages and pick from the new recommendations to watch on Crunchy. I must say, the 48 hour guest pass has been great and really shows how good the streaming can be without commercials interupting the stream, and/or crashing it during play several times, having to watch those same commercials over and over again to finally start watching the show again.

Yona for sure, but I'll have to look up at those other save the princess types with a god love story built in as well.
I like yuki yuna.. Many people were disapointed because they were expecting madoka ..but i'ml glad they didn't go that route totally. yuki yuna is his own thing. and that ending is much more bearable.

Cast:
Ushio - Tasuku Hatanaka
Tora - Rikiya Koyama
Asako - Mikako Komatsu
Mayuko - Kiyono Yasuno
He seems ..angry somehow.

I knew they'd have fun with that scene.
(Yes, that actually happens in UBW.)
Indeed that happens and that confirm that caster taste in dresses is top tier

Defuser

Cross Ange ep 25

Ange : " I'm going to start a nation!"

*Starts a cafe instead*

Really? lol

Glad another shitty trainwreck show is over. From racist shaming, to women's prison lesbians to dragon people to reality bending 'god' to parallel worlds. Holy shit, let me some of that stuff the production team is smoking, nobody can come up with such nonsense and try to weave it into a plot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is Cinderella Girls worth picking back up?

I'm behind by like three episodes.
Well the last handful of episodes have focused on individual characters since they are being split into units so it's breaking out of the problems some had with it at the beginning in that a lot of the characters felt slightly one dimensional.

I'd say it was one of the better shows I watched last season but that consisted on things like Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte and Aldnoah Zero so that statement wouldn't really be saying much.

Official and commissioned to the studio. Please, read the following ultimatemegax posts (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131865062&postcount=4151 & http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131869136&postcount=4165) to know about one example of the process involved.

Thanks. Read through the thread a bit too and duckroll added this:

It's not a matter of being "forced" to do anything. On the contrary, it is usually collaborative. You have to understand that magazine spreads and posters are basically just advertising for a show in a magazine. But instead of being a paid advertisement, what anime magazines offer is that they will request certain types of illustrations which fit their readership best, and the studio will do their best to accommodate these requests. It's a win-win scenario for both parties. So naturally some magazines will have lewder spreads than others because their demographic is more interested in perverted stuff. Some productions can afford to ignore such magazines entirely, but that's not realistic for every show given the sort of industry anime is.

Nice to know how that all works then. Was always a bit confused with those illustrations.

phaze

Great Teacher Onizuka 42-43 END
002298xdoc5.png
0022625oqjl.png
jao47XO.png

^ Where the hell were you these last 30 episodes ? One second appearance in the finale is not good enough.
By the Gods, this is almost Rebellion levels of an awful ending that retroactively shits on the preceding 40 minutes, tfu no, on the preceding 43 episodes. I'm just going to pretend those last two minutes didn't happen, were played out just for laughs, or it was just
Onizuka going on a short vacation after all that has happened,
because I really enjoyed this last two episodes up to this point. I've no idea where the deviation from the source material began and it is clear, with how rushed and abrupt the transition to this arc was, that there were some major hijinks going on behind on the scenes but what is important is that the show finished in the only place it should and could have ended. With the root of the problems with Miyabi and the 3-4 class at large finally exposed and with Onizuka getting a crack at at resolving them. (Though no one outside of said Miyabi spoke as much as a word about the issue before those eps rolled in -_-).

What I liked the most about this last arc is that it felt, maybe more than any other one, believable. Sure Miyabi's petty condemnation of all teachers/ adults might be an overreaction but it's hard to blame her, given the teacher-student love affair that had her best friend expelled from the school and that subsequently drove her into committing suicide. And the way Onizuka managed to earn her trust, with admitting to a bloody murder, also felt natural and hmmm plausible. Really, all of this arc, played out really nicely. The relative rush might have actually helped it as there was no time for the usual dilly-dallying around, the apparent murder attempt and the Board of Education intrigue upped the stakes nicely. And the, long in the making, change in the character of the Vice-Principal took the center the stage during his beautiful speech about essence teaching . Well before Onizuka stole his thunder anyway. So yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with this ending and the last two minutes just don't exist in my personal canon.

As for the show as whole, the one big mark I have against it is that it's unnecessarily repetitive. Onizuka truly is the predecessor of Naruto and whenever the show introduces a new studen, sometimes even an adult, you just know he's going to be subjected to a thorough, infallible Talk no Jutsu. When every single arc relies on that particular gimmick, the story quickly falls into the predictable territory. Respect at least to Miyabi and Anko for holding out for two entire arcs before finally succumbing.

One thing that surprised me is how easily and well the show could shed its goofy skin at moments notice and switch to a some really good, more serious and somber moments. The endings of both Tomoko, Miyabi arcs were some of my favourite moments of the show.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Great Teacher Onizuka. The quality of the comedic bits was frankly too hit and miss for me to put it next to SZS, Love Lab, Soredemo or D-Frag as a new favorite. It does suffer a bit from the dated visuals but it is an enjoyable and heart warming story of a teacher winning the hearts of his students and spending the rest of their school days with them. Thankfully, he didn't abandon them for the sake of beaches of California. That didn't happen. Like at all. Nuh uh.

-Horizon-

Cross Ange ending was nice. At least it didn't leave me empty and hollow like Aldnoah Zero.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti ending made me sad though ;~;

And Yuki Yuna is an awesome show.

Thoraxes

Aldnoah Zero - 24

Wtf was that ending? All the remotely interesting shit got resolved or abandoned in the stupidest way possible. The princesses stuff was stupid, Inaho's stuff was stupid, Slaine's stuff was stupid. What a waste and what a joke of an ending.

CG mechs look like shit too.

cj_iwakura

Cross Ange ep 25

Ange : " I'm going to start a nation!"

*Starts a cafe instead*

Really? lol

Glad another shitty trainwreck show is over. From racist shaming, to women's prison lesbians to dragon people to reality bending 'god' to parallel worlds. Holy shit, let me some of that stuff the production team is smoking, nobody can come up with such nonsense and try to weave it into a plot.

I have to wonder, serious question: if the show is so awful, how did you stick with it? If a show fails my four episode rule, I bail. Flawed is one thing, I'll give it a chance. But if it's actively trash? Deuces.

Dog days S3 - 12
Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2012_01.jpg
Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2012_02.jpg

Gaul : why are you making my future wife cry, you punk !
Noire : don't be a wimpy princess, for the future of the galette kingdom

A rather simple ending , with clear set-up for a next season , they don't even hide it

Still , i admit that 2 singers can't do much , when they don't have a common song to song , but still ...

Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2012_03.jpg

Expectations : rising
Truth: "Lalalalalalalalalalala"

Lol ..
I guess there is next time when the 2 will meet again , next season , right , right ???

--------------------------------
Season 3 thoughts
Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2012_04.jpg

They better expand about this sub plot in season 4 !!
Well this season 3 had one main good thing ..it was superbly animated... Such great animation overall ..most episodes were spotless.
There was also a good deal of backstory and fanservice ... the good kind as it focused of simple and goofy things.
The battles were fun to watch and most of the situations were intresting.. it was a trully a good season that focused on expanding the flognarde world rather than the characters. it can be a shame , but i'm fine either way.
I think it was a bold choice to do a season without war games , but i think they weren't sure where to go with the stakes. I guess that's the result of the hero party wiping every thread on the planet 100 years before.

Dog%20Days%20S3%20-%2012_05.jpg

The cast is becoming larger than ever, but i don't care ...

Bring on season 4 , where shinku will finally start thinking about her love life, bring it season 4 with a winter themed season ! bring it , season 4 with more backstory on the old heroes, heck just give me more dog days..

VERDICT on season 3 : 8.7/10

Finalow

this season I think I'm going to watch the new Lupin, Ninja Slayer (I'll probably regret this) and Kekkai Sensen.
I'm not sure about the rest, should I give Ore Monogatari a try? Or any other series that could turn out to be good and I didn't mention.

-
Cast:
Ushio - Tasuku Hatanaka
Tora - Rikiya Koyama
Asako - Mikako Komatsu
Mayuko - Kiyono Yasuno
nice, I read the manga a long time ago but I remember that it was pretty enjoyable.

Firemind

I have to wonder, serious question: if the show is so awful, how did you stick with it? If a show fails my four episode rule, I bail. Flawed is one thing, I'll give it a chance. But if it's actively trash? Deuces.
Same reason why people watch Code Geass.

Same reason why people watch Code Geass.

The difference is that Code Geass doesn't properly insanity it up until well a ways into the plot that starts off quite legit and good.

Cross Ange just starts off stupid and terrible and just keeps spiralling down from there from what I've heard.

Defuser

The difference is that Code Geass doesn't properly insanity it up until well a ways into the plot that starts off quite legit and good.

Cross Ange just starts off stupid and terrible and just keeps spiralling down from there from what I've heard.

At least it didn't pretend it wasn't shit and went full trainwreck from the beginning which makes it entertaining to watch and hate lol. Unlike SAO which pretends.

At least it didn't pretend it wasn't shit and went full trainwreck from the beginning which makes it entertaining to watch and hate lol. Unlike SAO which pretends.

If there was any anime that I feel had so much wasted potential, it's SAO.

Seriously, there's so much it could have done with its story only for it become the king of generic LN trash anime.

Like, I feel like I could seriously fix SAO, had I been given the option. There's so many good ideas that SAO doesn't do with its setting.

i just have to wonder as well ...
i couldn't valvrave nor guilty crown .. and it turn into sh*t , i just stop...

Code geass isn't even in that catégory because code geass , as bad some events are still tell a cohesive story from start to finish.lelouch quest to bring down britania as he start from the bottom and slowly gets into the spotlight was a shaky , but good ride. the rest ? sigh*

i've watched cross ange untill she get stuck in an island because some girl stuck her panties inside the mech engine and she met mc guyver and get back and then i bailed out ...

I don't mind characters that start like bitches , as long as , she quickly get some qualities back ..but ange started as a maiden that could give positive speeches about the well being of everyone to a stuck up bitch that see everyone else as maggots.

Everyone seems to enjoy anime that are made to be trainwrecks on purpose instead of anime that have problems but you can enjoy for what they have.... is it a "space mountain effect" ?

-Minsc-

Great Teacher Onizuka 42-43 END

By the Gods, this is almost Rebellion levels of an awful ending that retroactively shits on the preceding 40 minutes, tfu no, on the preceding 43 episodes. I'm just going to pretend those last two minutes didn't happen, were played out just for laughs, or it was just
Onizuka going on a short vacation after all that has happened,
because I really enjoyed this last two episodes up to this point. I've no idea where the deviation from the source material began and it is clear, with how rushed and abrupt the transition to this arc was, that there were some major hijinks going on behind on the scenes but what is important is that the show finished in the only place it should and could have ended. With the root of the problems with Miyabi and the 3-4 class at large finally exposed and with Onizuka getting a crack at at resolving them. (Though no one outside of said Miyabi spoke as much as a word about the issue before those eps rolled in -_-).

What I liked the most about this last arc is that it felt, maybe more than any other one, believable. Sure Miyabi's petty condemnation of all teachers/ adults might be an overreaction but it's hard to blame her, given the teacher-student love affair that had her best friend expelled from the school and that subsequently drove her into committing suicide. And the way Onizuka managed to earn her trust, with admitting to a bloody murder, also felt natural and hmmm plausible. Really, all of this arc, played out really nicely. The relative rush might have actually helped it as there was no time for the usual dilly-dallying around, the apparent murder attempt and the Board of Education intrigue upped the stakes nicely. And the, long in the making, change in the character of the Vice-Principal took the center the stage during his beautiful speech about essence teaching . Well before Onizuka stole his thunder anyway. So yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with this ending and the last two minutes just don't exist in my personal canon.

As for the show as whole, the one big mark I have against it is that it's unnecessarily repetitive. Onizuka truly is the predecessor of Naruto and whenever the show introduces a new studen, sometimes even an adult, you just know he's going to be subjected to a thorough, infallible Talk no Jutsu. When every single arc relies on that particular gimmick, the story quickly falls into the predictable territory. Respect at least to Miyabi and Anko for holding out for two entire arcs before finally succumbing.

One thing that surprised me is how easily and well the show could shed its goofy skin at moments notice and switch to a some really good, more serious and somber moments. The endings of both Tomoko, Miyabi arcs were some of my favourite moments of the show.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Great Teacher Onizuka. The quality of the comedic bits was frankly too hit and miss for me to put it next to SZS, Love Lab, Soredemo or D-Frag as a new favorite. It does suffer a bit from the dated visuals but it is an enjoyable and heart warming story of a teacher winning the hearts of his students and spending the rest of their school days with them. Thankfully, he didn't abandon them for the sake of beaches of California. That didn't happen. Like at all. Nuh uh.

The anime was decently faithful up until the end of episodes 40-41, which corresponds to the end of manga volume 13 (out of 25). If I recall, throughout the anime some aspects of the story were modified to make it more TV friendly. There was definitely filler injected in areas. I'm fairly certain the Miyabi story was handled differently in the manga. Certain players involved were the actual events were a bit different.

If you feel like taking the time to read, I definitely recommend the manga.

The anime was decently faithful up until the end of episodes 40-41, which corresponds to the end of manga volume 13 (out of 25). If I recall, throughout the anime some aspects of the story were modified to make it more TV friendly. There was definitely filler injected in areas. I'm fairly certain the Miyabi story was handled differently in the manga. Certain players involved were the actual events were a bit different.

Indeed miyabi story in the anime will feel quite lackluster if you read the manga version... Manga is the definitive experience here.

VRMN

Aldnoah Zero - 24

Wtf was that ending? All the remotely interesting shit got resolved or abandoned in the stupidest way possible. The princesses stuff was stupid, Inaho's stuff was stupid, Slaine's stuff was stupid. What a waste and what a joke of an ending.

CG mechs look like shit too.

See, I dropped it the second that the original princess and Inaho were still alive despite the events of the first season. I have yet to regret it!

phaze

Indeed miyabi story in the anime will feel quite lackluster if you read the manga version... Manga is the definitive experience here.

Huh I liked it a lot in the anime version. Think I will indeed check out the manga.

Mononoke 3-5 The Sea Bishop

I'm sorry for the pic dump but this show just looks so great and so weird and unique that I just can't help myself. The animation, especially for the characters, may not be something to write home about but the art is just glorious.

It was another really great arc, funny, confusing and captivating throughout. Though I have to say, that post credits scene left me scratching my head. Dunno what I was supposed to take from it.

cj_iwakura

Huh I liked it a lot in the anime version. Think I will indeed check out the manga.

Mononoke 3-5 The Sea Bishop

I'm sorry for the pic dump but this show just looks so great and so weird and unique that I just can't help myself. The animation, especially for the characters, may not be something to write home about but the art is just glorious.

It was another really great arc, funny, confusing and captivating throughout. Though I have to say, that post credits scene left me scratching my head. Dunno what I was supposed to take from it.

Glad I'm not the only one who jumped on it, and I was sad I couldn't pic dump. I watched it on PS3.

The art is gorgeous. I think Sea Bishop is the best one, but the next is good too.

Lain

Shirobako 15-22

I'm not sure who's worse, the editor guy with his attitude or the author that at the last moment trashes everything and, in regards to the character designs, can't be arsed to provide enough details about what changes he wants to see.
Still, goes to show that everything can come crashing down at the last minute as you're at the end of the tunnel with everything seemingly, finally, going OK.

I keep feel bummed about Shizuka though. The show really kicks her down.

Damn Caster, leave my Saber alone!

Defuser

Junketsu no Maria END
One of the underrated shows of the season, a happy end all around. I'm happy for the fact that not many shows can portray the medieval ages battles so realistic except for the unrealistic magical girl part lol. I always thought what is the use or how this particular equipment works out in back the ages and this shows answer it for me.

Midonin

Gourmet Girl Graffiti 12

While I never commented on it as much as I would'ved liked to - delayed and awkward simulcast times do that - this being a Kirara series, I liked it as much as I've liked every other anime derived from a Kirara manga. Really cute, really sweet and just a great feel-good anime. I'm surprised at how popular food manga are, and while I won't be watching next season's, this one did show me the appeal that they can have. Kirin, Ryou and Shiina had some great chemistry. Lovely little show.

Cross Ange?

I would love to see more girls in mecha series. That's why I was watching this, though I knew nothing of the producer nor all that much about Gundam outside of Build Fighters. And while I would love to see more of this concept, Lagrange is going to remain my standard for shows like this. Doesn't help that I was watching Utena at the same time, and while Embryo was certainly trying to be an Akio-like presence, he wasn't nearly as effective at it. Plus comparing its treatment of sexuality to Maria's... especially that scene where Tusk bragged about it. A healthy sexual relationship is a good thing, but treating it like that is just so... to use a phrase, problematic. Plus the case of Ange and Momoka from last year makes me wonder what exactly the Western fanbase is looking for in a heroine sometimes. It's not the worst thing I've seen, and I want to support its concept, I just wish it wasn't so regressive and spiteful.

Maria 12

Now this was one of my favorite shows. Especially Maria's views of sexuality and, in episode 10, her sort of atheist/agonstic/existentialist views. She has control of her own sexuality and how she wants to use it, and her relationship with Joseph is much better than Tusk's. Plus, fighting for peace and pacifism and really going headfirst with it is pretty awesome. As the finale showed, she touched everyone's lives - not always in a positive way, but she made a noticeable mark on the world. Maria's the kind of heroine I want to see more of. Really good show.

Yatterman Night 12

I love Gatchaman Crowds for taking the Gatchaman concept and pushing it forward in new, bold directions. But I also love Yatterman Night for looking to the past and examining it, but also remembering that it's descended from a kids' show, and that's a good thing. While it was certainly gritty and had a ton of gravitas, I wouldn't actually call it "dark". The series had too much hope for that to happen.
Galina and Ally taking on the mantle of Yatterman with both theme songs playing and a line from the OG Doronjo at the very end? Meaning it's similar to the finale of the first two Yatter series, only, when contrasted against the darkness, infused with even more hope?
This is a wonderful example of how to do a modern update of a superhero story, and even though I only have a passing familiarity with Yatterman, it made me want to watch at the very least the 2008 series. It looks like a really fun show, and this is definitely worthy of its legacy.

Plus KitaEri and the crew did a great job living up to the originals. Fantastic work, one of my favorites of the season. Not because it's badass, but because it's inspiring. And has nearly as many bird names as Cyberteam in Akihabara, but that's just me comparing everything I'm watching to each other. As long as there are heroes...

JCG

Code Geass ramps up its initial craziness and gets messy in the process, yet still continues to be true to its mission statement of being entertaining in multiple ways. There are people who tend to lose their minds when some events happen, for reasons that are partially understandable, but many still manage to grasp some of the interesting threads that remain in place, particularly on the character/thematic front. Which eventually reaches a legitimate conclusion that I consider to be one of the better final episodes for a modern Sunrise show. That is fairly rare, especially when analyzed in light of all the underwhelming resolutions we have been seeing lately. I consider this surprisingly valuable.

Everything I've read about how Cross Ange turned out just doesn't appeal to me in any comparable way. The ending sounds utterly pedestrian at best. The fact the robot fights aren't really a worthwhile use of 3DCG by current standards also limits my interest. And then there's all the gross stuff that I don't find less offensive simply because it's funny.

But today is Maria day, and I still haven't seen the last episode. Gotta fix that.

Cornbread78

Dont wait too much ...

it's a sequel actually. and it's not following an happy route given the world line it's going to follow

1 isn't possible
2 has already happenned, but i'm quite sure LH isn't popular enough to continue this way
3 shouldn't happen, unless they cutties with the author when he was actually quite close to the anime team during both seasons ( unlikely )
You arenot familliar with this author ..what he does is to create and extensive and precise world and then write something within it. the elder tale /log horizon world is defined with more details than you could count but i'm quite sure he hasn't written much past what we've got.

Unfortunate in every possible way, they left it without an ending and in the middle of a new story arc at the same time. They need to find a way to tie up everything, but I guess it could be years...

SamFlam is legit Kavey.

Youre welcome.
Yona is a must see.

I like yuki yuna.. Many people were disapointed because they were expecting madoka ..but i'ml glad they didn't go that route totally. yuki yuna is his own thing. and that ending is much more bearable.

I have a question for you two on the ending though:
Did they defeat the future bosses as well when they broke the seal to the other world? I mean they destroyed the giant "sun" from the other world and protected the remaining world but they used all their power to do so knowing that they would become "mush" However, when they come back to the real world, they are discharged, their fairies are gone and they start revolving suddenly. Did the Sanji God's heal them and relieve them from the bound duty?

The beginning and ending are where it shines for me, I have to wait until next week to catch #25, for the final episode, however the show is vry entertaining as long as you look p as t some of the obvious flaws.

cj_iwakura

The beginning and ending are where it shines for me, I have to wait until next week to catch #25, for the final episode, however the show is vry entertaining as long as you look p as t some of the obvious flaws.

Did you finish Madoka Magica? I missed your breakdown thoughts if so.

Puruzi

Banned
Did they defeat the future bosses as well when they broke the seal to the other world? I mean they destroyed the giant "sun" from the other world and protected the remaining world but they used all their power to do so knowing that they would become "mush" However, when they come back to the real world, they are discharged, their fairies are gone and they start revolving suddenly. Did the Sanji God's heal them and relieve them from the bound duty?
yes, the shinju decided that the sacrifices weren't necessary anymore so it gave their parts back.
They also don't have to fight anymore.

Unfortunate in every possible way, they left it without an ending and in the middle of a new story arc at the same time. They need to find a way to tie up everything, but I guess it could be years...
Well , it will be years a season of LH is basicly 5 books and we have nothing ATM

yes, the shinju decided that the sacrifices weren't necessary anymore so it gave their parts back.
They also don't have to fight anymore.

Well they don't have to fight for now...( the "for now" part is important )
They will still fight should the need to fight becomes necessary. <<< wait i guess that one is spoiler for those who have only watched the anime>>>
What they did was to destroy a big amount of ennemies, that number was so big that there won't be an attack for a while.BUT the main threat is still there.

What happens is that when sinju -sama realise a flaw in his system , he corrects it. The first generation of heroes couldn't even seal ennemies , and here with the end of the 2nd generation , things will change again. I might say more but i won't since there is still a high chance that a second season get made. ( it's not my style to spoil people of unnecessary things )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom