• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

JoJos s1 15

You know, I know it's what the series is kind of about, but this series really goes nuts with the talking is a free action stuff. Oh well, it's entertaining enough I guess.

Still that JoJos bluff was masterful. I like this dumbass.

Oooh! Lisa Lisa!

Cornbread78

You should be very sad because its an experience. A very unique experience.

You'll want to get a taste of truly
so
bad
it's good
anime soon enough. Puts everything else into perspective.

So the Cross Ange effect then, huh? Thinking maybe it's time to watch, Little Busters, 5 Centemeters per Second or even a Psycho thriller in Rurouni Kenshin... what to watch? I could also finish Chobits or watch more Honey and Clover (just stuck in the lull of this show right now, ugghh)

So the Cross Ange effect then, huh? Thinking maybe it's time to watch, Little Busters, 5 Centemeters per Second or even a Psycho thriller in Rurouni Kenshin... what to watch? I could also finish Chobits or watch more Honey and Clover (just stuck in the lull of this show right now, ugghh)

Finish Chobits :p

Then watch 5 centimeters per second

Allaur

Watch Kaiji or some kinf of other despair show. It will be funny to read your impressions)

cajunator

Banned

Mandelbo

For some reason I read Rurouni Kenshin as Mousou Dairinin, Paranoia Agent as it is more commonly known.

You should watch Paranoia Agent.

Jintor

Love Lab 1

Apparently I got halfway through this at some point and dropped it. I don't know why, it's pretty hilarious. Animation quality is really good, direction is pretty great, some of the background art is a bit cheap but hey the actual character animation is hilarious so whatevs. Who animated it? Seems a mite familiar.

I guess I'm also really into characters who are *perfect* on the outside but batshit loco to their friends or whatever. That's probably a trope.

cajunator

Banned
Love Lab 1

Apparently I got halfway through this at some point and dropped it. I don't know why, it's pretty hilarious. Animation quality is really good, direction is pretty great, some of the background art is a bit cheap but hey the actual character animation is hilarious so whatevs. Who animated it? Seems a mite familiar.

I guess I'm also really into characters who are *perfect* on the outside but batshit loco to their friends or whatever. That's probably a trope.

The character animation in this show is surprisingly solid. Im not sure if it is legit sakuga but I wouldnt be surprised if it was.

Cornbread78

Its better than Cross Ange.
See what Syrinx has to say about it!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46866648&postcount=3161

Finish Chobits :p

Then watch 5 centimeters per second

I watched the first 20 mins of 5 Centimeters and too much trains and despair right off the back so I turned Chobits back on for the time being since there is only a few episodes left and they are shorter than normal series episodes...

phaze

Love Lab 1

I think its pretty much the only "cute girls doing cute things" thing that I really liked. Fun characters, great execution and a neat, continuous story that makes you hungry for more. Admittedly it goes overboard with the drama a tiny bit at times but it's nothing really major. One of my comedic favourites.

Animation quality is really good, direction is pretty great, some of the background art is a bit cheap but hey the actual character animation is hilarious so whatevs. Who animated it? Seems a mite familiar.

Doga Kobo if you're talking studio. Also made YuruYuri S1 & 2, GJ-bu, Engaged to the Unidentified and Nozaki-kun.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Does gekkan shoujo count as cute girls doing cute things

Nay, it's more of a shojo manga parody, and majority of episode have interaction between boys and girls.

No boys allowed in cute girls doing cute things genre. Cute mascot voiced by a dude is okay though.

I don't understand your premise

Nay, it's more of a shojo manga parody, and majority of episode have interaction between boys and girls.

No boys allowed in cute girls doing cute things genre. Cute mascot voiced by a dude is okay though.
You have a girl that likes a guy. This guy has 0 emotion and is an idiot, however he is one of the best Shoujo mangaka. Not too many people know of this. He has silly friends that do silly things. The heroine tries her best to make him realize that she likes him, but he continues to be oblivious to it. This is the basic premise.

Jintor

maybe i should have worked a more obvious joke about Mikorin in there, but I thought it was too obvious

Love Lab 2

Goddamn why did I drop this? This is hilarious. Even clumsy moeblob ichinensei secretary is funny, and that's not going near the Sayo and Eno duo of Starscream and Red-headed Taiga.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
maybe i should have worked a more obvious joke about Mikorin in there, but I thought it was too obvious

Love Lab 2

Goddamn why did I drop this? This is hilarious. Even clumsy moeblob ichinensei secretary is funny, and that's not going near the Sayo and Eno duo of Starscream and Red-headed Taiga.

Oh, i see what you did there :^)

Danmachi 7

Two training arcs happen simultaneously. Bell probably need to get his head checked after all that kick he got.

cajunator

Banned

Love Lab 2

People make snap judgements on things and drop them far earlier than they should.

Jintor

People make snap judgements on things and drop them far earlier than they should.

yeah but i watched six episodes and I actually dimly remember being pretty entertained by it too! I think I just stopped watching anime for like six months there and didn't go back to Love Lab when I picked it up again

Now I understand lol. Come on a lot of people come here with legitimate questions, I thought you really didn't know anything about the show, and I wasn't the only one lol :p

dawg i been repping gekkan shoujo in mangaf for like two years now :<

dawg i been repping gekkan shoujo in mangaf for like two years now :<
Fair enough, I don't go on there even though I do read a few manga here and there every blue moon aha. The only manga I read is usually there as a way of me continuing a show that I really liked and still has a ton of original material left. That and Nisekoi because I'm an idiot, got hooked early on and now it's too late to drop it.

Jintor

I can tear through a manga faster than any anime and there's a few gems here and there that have never been animated and are complete, like Angel Densetsu. (And god knows Nana to Kaoru will never get an animation worthy of it, so)

both are gud though obvs

Jintor

Love Lab 3

One thing I like about this show is that the crowd, even if still budget-saving most of the time, seems to acknowledge that the main characters are out and about even when it's not specifically the setup for a gag. Well, they are usually the continuation of a gag, but it lends a sense of reality to the setting.

Anyway, a nice little conclusion to the starting arc, I guess. Man Starscream and RedTaiga are great.

phaze

Does gekkan shoujo count as cute girls doing cute things

They're in high school so no.

Moe has an expiration date. Once you lose it, you can never recover it. No matter how hard you might try.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi 12-13

Yeah no.

Just no.

I think I saw some guide on how to get through this with the smallest amount of pain endured earlier in the thread. Gonna go look it up so I don't end up traumatised.

sonicmj1

Love Lab 1

Same studio as Nozaki-kun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom